Queen Unburnt Rises Again...Yes there shall be SPOILERS

46 minutes ago, House Toad said:

If the Dragons can be summoned through a psychic/warg connection in the fighting pits leading to her capture. Why didn't she summon a dragon here?

She didn't psychically call Drogon. I think it's the same as the books, he was just looking for food.

46 minutes ago, House Toad said:

The reason I ask this is because the first time she was the ghost rider, it involved a ritual involving blood magic. When she birthed her dragons she killed a witch, and her Khal offering most of her possessions to the flames. after another Blood magic ritual where a horse was sacrificed and her unborn child died.

Here she is flammable because she is was born flammable and so she is flammable? Has she gained new inferno powers, was she born with fireproof powers, is she human?

No, she's always been heat-resistant, and it was increasingly likely that she was fire-proof. This episode just confirmed it.

Very convenient for Dany that there was only a handful of people in the temple when she decided to pull her stunt, all of them going out of their way to appear as unsympathetic as possible. When Viserys died that place was chock-full of people. Wasn't this supposed to be the great gathering of khals? Apparently that's like five dudes. We can't have Dany killing someone innocent, it always has to be strawmen.

52 minutes ago, WingedShadow said:

She didn't psychically call Drogon. I think it's the same as the books, he was just looking for food.

No, she's always been heat-resistant, and it was increasingly likely that she was fire-proof. This episode just confirmed it.

Thank you for your answer. However it was clear on the show that she thought, or whispered Drogon then Drogon came in the fighting pits, rescuing her from the Harpies.

If she was fireproof. Why did her brother get a crown of gold? I cannot fathom how it is completely possible, there is legends about some Trageryen's assuming that they are pyromancers, her father's fetish for Wildfire, maybe certain were? But every child gets burnt at some point when experiencing fire, because we think we are immune to it. My first memory of that was a firework sparkler at about 5, isn't this cool, mesmerizing, ouch, yowza that burns, whaaahaa I want my mommy. She would have known, like this candle doesn't burn me when I place my hands on it, because I saw an adult lick their fingers to put it out.

She had lost everything becoming almost suicidal, because she had no options left throwing all her cards into the flames later re-birthing dragons. At that time wasn't she trying to replicate the former ritual, where she directly commented about the magic Maz Duur used?

I suppose what I am trying to say is, was she born with these unbeknown powers, and why was she more special than her brother who also thought he could summon dragons? Don't make me angry sis or you'll release the dragon, umm I don't want to comment about that pun? Although he clearly wasn't fireproof. How is she, but didn't it serve a direct magic use beforehand when birthing her dragons?

There's a lot of discussion on whether Dany is fireproof.  I don't think she is... Bear with me here!

I agree she seems to have a high tolerance for heat (the hot baths etc.), but I believe the 2 'fireproof' scenes we've had with Dany were both specific magical events.  

I think GRRM said the first event with Drogo's pyre was a one-off event (although that might just be book canon) and there is a lot of very obvious magic going on there with the deaths of Drogo, Rhaegal and the horse, the sacrifice of Mirri Maz Duur and her singing, the dragon eggs etc.  In addition to that, Dany seems to act instinctively in that event and has no fear of burning.

In the second event at the temple of the Dosh Khaleen, it seems again that Dany knows what she should do and has no fear of burning. Without a book parallel, we can't see her inner monologue in this, but it seemed to me to be instinctive and she just knows this will work and she will be safe.  We are told with the first fire that death can pay for life, and this is what protects her here in Vaes Dothrak - Dany gives the lives of all the Khals to the fire and she emerges unscathed.  I think if she just set herself in fire under normal circumstances, the outcome may be a lot different!

I don't think she knows how or why she will survive these fires, no more than Bran knows how to warg Summer when it first happens, she just knows.  Maybe it's because she is being looked after by R'hollor, maybe it's because she is Azor Ahai reborn or the Prince(ss) that was promised, maybe it's all about location or timing orsomething else. 

1 hour ago, Maid So Fair said:

Very convenient for Dany that there was only a handful of people in the temple when she decided to pull her stunt, all of them going out of their way to appear as unsympathetic as possible. When Viserys died that place was chock-full of people. Wasn't this supposed to be the great gathering of khals? Apparently that's like five dudes. We can't have Dany killing someone innocent, it always has to be strawmen.

There were only a handful of people because this time it was the Kharal Vezhven, which is a private meeting. When Viserys died it was a celebration. One he was not invited to.  

6 minutes ago, Lady Fishbiscuit said:

In the second event at the temple of the Dosh Khaleen, it seems again that Dany knows what she should do and has no fear of burning. Without a book parallel, we can't see her inner monologue in this, but it seemed to me to be instinctive and she just knows this will work and she will be safe.  We are told with the first fire that death can pay for life, and this is what protects her here in Vaes Dothrak - Dany gives the lives of all the Khals to the fire and she emerges unscathed.  I think if she just set herself in fire under normal circumstances, the outcome may be a lot different! 

So what you're saying is that Daenerys used blood magic again. That explanation could work. But it doesn't explain her other feats, like picking up the hot dragon eggs from a fire, in season 1, and how she survived the dragonfire in season 2, in the House of the Undying. When she killed Pyat Pree, the dragons released their flames dangerously close to her.

3 hours ago, House Toad said:

Thank you for your answer. However it was clear on the show that she thought, or whispered Drogon then Drogon came in the fighting pits, rescuing her from the Harpies.

If she was fireproof. Why did her brother get a crown of gold? I cannot fathom how it is completely possible, there is legends about some Trageryen's assuming that they are pyromancers, her father's fetish for Wildfire, maybe certain were? But every child gets burnt at some point when experiencing fire, because we think we are immune to it. My first memory of that was a firework sparkler at about 5, isn't this cool, mesmerizing, ouch, yowza that burns, whaaahaa I want my mommy. She would have known, like this candle doesn't burn me when I place my hands on it, because I saw an adult lick their fingers to put it out.

She had lost everything becoming almost suicidal, because she had no options left throwing all her cards into the flames later re-birthing dragons. At that time wasn't she trying to replicate the former ritual, where she directly commented about the magic Maz Duur used?

I suppose what I am trying to say is, was she born with these unbeknown powers, and why was she more special than her brother who also thought he could summon dragons? Don't make me angry sis or you'll release the dragon, umm I don't want to comment about that pun? Although he clearly wasn't fireproof. How is she, but didn't it serve a direct magic use beforehand when birthing her dragons?

No it was not stated that, not at all. She was preparing to die there.

Viserys is not a dragon. "Fire cannot kill a dragon". All Targaryens who have died from fire(or in some cases, drinking wildfire) are like Viserys.

She remembered that she was fireproof in that moment, she was not trying to replicate the ritual(though she was going for the same effect of having people bow). 

She is more special than her brother because she has the blood of the dragon and he did not. She inherited the "fire-proof"-ness. He did not.

2 hours ago, Lady Fishbiscuit said:

There's a lot of discussion on whether Dany is fireproof.  I don't think she is... Bear with me here!

I agree she seems to have a high tolerance for heat (the hot baths etc.), but I believe the 2 'fireproof' scenes we've had with Dany were both specific magical events.  

I think GRRM said the first event with Drogo's pyre was a one-off event (although that might just be book canon) and there is a lot of very obvious magic going on there with the deaths of Drogo, Rhaegal and the horse, the sacrifice of Mirri Maz Duur and her singing, the dragon eggs etc.  In addition to that, Dany seems to act instinctively in that event and has no fear of burning.

I don't think she knows how or why she will survive these fires, no more than Bran knows how to warg Summer when it first happens, she just knows.  Maybe it's because she is being looked after by R'hollor, maybe it's because she is Azor Ahai reborn or the Prince(ss) that was promised, maybe it's all about location or timing orsomething else. 

GRRM said it only "probably" would not happen again and was referring to the books, way back in 1998. However, all other times Dany has been touched by fire(in both the books and the show) she has not been harmed by the flames. We can make the assumption that she is fire-proof. The show has just confirmed it, but the books obviously have not stated directly yet, as TWoW isn't out yet.

58 minutes ago, WingedShadow said:

No it was not stated that, not at all. She was preparing to die there.

Viserys is not a dragon. "Fire cannot kill a dragon". All Targaryens who have died from fire(or in some cases, drinking wildfire) are like Viserys.

She remembered that she was fireproof in that moment, she was not trying to replicate the ritual(though she was going for the same effect of having people bow). 

She is more special than her brother because she has the blood of the dragon and he did not. She inherited the "fire-proof"-ness. He did not.

GRRM said it only "probably" would not happen again and was referring to the books, way back in 1998. However, all other times Dany has been touched by fire(in both the books and the show) she has not been harmed by the flames. We can make the assumption that she is fire-proof. The show has just confirmed it, but the books obviously have not stated directly yet, as TWoW isn't out yet.

What are you talking about? Please stop, listen, think, and formulate without responding to me as quickly as possible, without being coherent.

Let's start again, please, using logic over assumptions to get at any point? Thank you.

She had nothing left. Her Khal was a lifeless husk, her child was dead. Maz Durr had laughed in her face killing them. Her people had left her, only the young, sick, and the old stayed by her. Her Khal's bloodriders had tried to kill her, before Jorah protected her with her young bloodriders. All she had was her dragon eggs after her own brother was also dead. Her advisor Jorah said run let's run because they would come back for her and that meant Dosh Khaleen or much worse. She then makes a bonfire saying to Jorah when asked what she is doing because the eggs are so valuable as a means of escape, that she is going to try to do the ritual of blood magic Maz Durr just had? What does that suggest, all the cards are thrown into the fire, but if that doesn't work, what else but suicide. It worked, no, she wasn't suicidal?

Viserys was a dragon Targeryen. She has even named one of her children, (dragons) after him calling it Viserion.

I don't what you are talking about saying all Targeryens, next you quote GRRM? I am sorry but obviously there is a difficulty when you haven't established your reply correctly.

She did what in this new ritual on the show, because she has magically or otherwise remembered how to make the sick, young, weak, and old bow? The Dothraki revere their horses they are sacred to them, because they are their lives, what better way to command them than with the dragons that you command?

Her and her brother have the blood of Targeryen's. I might agree that genes cause all kind of differences, example; Twins every other generation, hereditary defects like cancers. God forbid that a ginger steals my babies, I was going to marry that blonde, but we have Celtic ancestors, freaking DNA test time. You are asking me to swallow fireproofing, because they have a history of dragons? We haven't really got all their histories yet, of any of the Targeryens who lived on the sun?

Quoting GRRM, again questionably? She has only done that one other ritual previously upon her using blood magic, sacrificing the witch and her husk of a living dead Khal to the flames, because that witch had sacrificed a horse and her baby to bring her Khal back to life.

However where you have quoted, kind of defeats the other point that GRRM said, that Targeryens incinerate their dead. I guess Dany will have to be buried?

I don't know this answer, your explanation might be correct, but it is also incorrect. The show has showed her not being afraid of fire, her own dragons she enchained and whipped. She has also said at various other times on the show that she was possibly fireproof? I believe when at the warlock temple. or in Astaphor, somewhere else, but my memory is as foggy as my typos. So it is clear the route that the show has gone here.

Leaving any speculation of her full powers? We has a Superwoman, it doesn't matter, because there is Superwoman.

Just now, House Toad said:

What are you talking about? Please stop, listen, think, and formulate without responding to me as quickly as possibly without being coherent.

Let's start again, please, using logic over assumption to get at any point.

I am using logic, alongside assumption. They don't have to be exclusive. It's kinda sad if you think I'm not coherent.

She had nothing left her Khal was a lifeless husk, her child was dead, Maz Durr had laughed in her face killing them. Her people had left her, only the sick and old stayed by her. Her Khal's bloodriders had tried to kill her before Jorah protected her with her young bloodriders. All she had was her dragon eggs after her own brother was also dead. Her advisor Jorah said run let's run because they would come back for her and that meant Dosh Khaleen or worse. She then makes a bonfire saying to Jorah when asked what she is doing because the eggs are so valuable as a means of escape, that she is going to try to do the ritual Maz Durr had? What does that suggest, all the cards in the fire if it doesn't work what else but suicide.

I'm not even sure what point you're making here? Yes, she tried a ritual to breathe life into her Drogon eggs, it worked.

Viserys was a dragon. She has even named one of her children, (dragons) after him calling it Viserion.

No he wasn't. She said so right after Drogo killed him. "He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon."

Just because she named one of her children after him does not mean he was a dragon himself.

I don't what you are talking about saying all Trageryens, next you quote GRRM? I am sorry but obviously there is a difficulty when you haven't establish your reply correctly.

I thought it was common knowledge, and you seemed to be referencing it with the whole "one-time" thing. GRRM said back in 1998 when asked that she performed a specific ritual there that was a one time thing and probably wouldn't happen again(her being fireproof). Obviously in later books she is shown to not have fire harm her, so....

She did what in this new ritual on the show, because she has magically or otherwise remembered how to make the sick weak and old bow? The Dothraki revere their horses they are sacred to them because they are their lives, what better way to command them than with dragons that you command?

She breathed life into her dragons with the death of the Maegi lady and with the blood of Khal Drogo.

Her and her brother have the blood of Targeryen's. I might agree that genes causing all kind of differences, example twins every other generation, hereditary defects like cancers. God forbid that a ginger steals my babies, I was going to marry that blonde, but we have Celtic ancestors, freaking DNA test time. You are asking me to swallow fireproofing because they have a history of dragons? We haven't really got a history yet of Targeryens who lived in the sun?

It's simple. Not all Targaryens inherit the magical ability to not be harmed in fires. Some do. Dany has shown previously that fire and heat does not harm her, she even had her dragons breathe fire dangerously close to her in the House of the Undying.

Quoting GRRM again questionably? She has only done that one other ritual previously upon her using blood magic, sacrificing the witch and her husk living dead Khal to the flames, because she had sacrificed a horse and her baby to give her Khal that life.

Yes, that was a one time ritual. But she is immune to fire regardless 

It kind of defeats the other point that GRRM said, that Targeryens incinerate their dead. I guess Dany will have to be buried?

Or maybe GRRM has changed his mind since then? I don't recall if it was mentioned in the books, but if it wasn't then it's not technically completely canon, as GRRM could change it.

I don't know this answer, your explanation might be correct, but it is also incorrect. The show has showed her not being afraid of fire, her own dragons she enchained and whipped. she has said at various other times in the show that she was possibly fireproof. I believe when the warlock temple or in Astaphor, somewhere elkkse but memory is foggy. So it is clear the route the show has gone here.

Leaving to any speculation tor her powers, we has Superwoman it doesn't matter because there is Superwoman.

How is it in any way incorrect? Both the books and show have instances where she should've been burned and was not, and so far no instances where she was burnt.

3 hours ago, adiman83 said:

So what you're saying is that Daenerys used blood magic again. That explanation could work. But it doesn't explain her other feats, like picking up the hot dragon eggs from a fire, in season 1, and how she survived the dragonfire in season 2, in the House of the Undying. When she killed Pyat Pree, the dragons released their flames dangerously close to her.

Could work at HOTU too - Pyatt Pree died and there was a lot of magical stuff going on in that place. Not sure about that though.  The dragons were still very small at that point so it was possible for them to burn Pyat Pree without her being caught in the crossfire.  

Taking Dragon eggs from the fire could come down to heat tolerance rather than fireproof. Possibly ^_^

I cannot multi quote like that, leading to speculation that you know more? Either way that was a better more formulated reply than your previous. Thank you.

What was I talking about, She had nothing left, it was sink or swim, hey she swum. That time. But below you have admitted to the blood ritual used, via the sacrifices made prompting her powers.

On the show fire doesn't kill the dragon. So is going to fly when little Robin pushes her off the Eyrie, because Dragons fly? Superwoman has powers. That is me being cheeky using a figure of speech. Dragon was a figure of speech for Targeryen. Viserys was a Targeryen. No not all children are identical. DNA can do anything else sometimes, although less common among children sharing the same parents.

She wasn't burnt at that time, because it would have been suicide, does it mean she can now live on the sun all nice and toasty, or was it because Magic had been used at that point?

Either way it is clear that she is fireproof, or a fire-starter, here on the show. Thanks again

6 minutes ago, House Toad said:

I cannot multi quote like that, leading to speculation that you know more? Either way that was a better more formulated reply than your previous. Thank you.

When you click quote, double space inside it to separate a section off.

What was I talking about, She had nothing left, it was sink or swim, hey she swum. That time. But below you have admitted to the blood ritual used, via the sacrifices made prompting her powers.

The blood ritual didn't necessarily do anything more than give her dragons from the dormant eggs.

On the show fire doesn't kill the dragon. So is going to fly when little Robin pushes her off the Eyrie, because Dragons fly? Superwoman has powers. That is me being cheeky using a figure of speech. Dragon was a figure of speech for Targeryen. Viserys was a Targeryen. No not all children are identical DNA can do anything else sometimes, although less common among kin sharing the same parents.

No. Fire doesn't harm her. She can be harmed by anything else. 

She wasn't burnt at that time, because it would have been suicide, does it mean she can now live on the sun all nice and toasty, or was it because Magic had been used at that point?

No, she is resistant to fire, not pressure or vacuum.

13 minutes ago, WingedShadow said:

When you click quote, double space inside it to separate a section off.

The blood ritual didn't necessarily do anything more than give her dragons from the dormant eggs.

No. Fire doesn't harm her. She can be harmed by anything else. 

No, she is resistant to fire, not pressure or vacuum.

Thank you, I have script blockers for all kind of adware, I can allow permissions but a computer and my typing is a recipe for disaster.  I won't be attempting the impossible. :)

The blood ritual; Different in her own version, importantly using heat, fire and blood allowed the birth of her eggs through sacrifice made, possibly by magic prompting her power at the time. Otherwise we would have been left without larger portions of this tale? Into her Dragons. Will it repeat itself later specifically when she has the bloody flux; she can walk through causing infernos also being immune to her own children? It is clear that she has this power invested by a hereditary means, you say on the show? Equally speculating that she cannot now really be harmed, unless otherwise by other magic?

It is a bit more than a resistance, it's Johnny Blaze a superhero. :P

28 minutes ago, House Toad said:

Thank you, I have script blockers for all kind of adware, I can allow permissions but a computer and my typing is a recipe for disaster.  I won't be attempting the impossible. :)

The blood ritual; Different in her own version, importantly using heat, fire and blood allowed the birth of her eggs through sacrifice made possibly by magic prompting her power at the time, otherwise we would be left without larger portions of this tale? Into her Dragons. Will it repeat itself later specifically when she has the bloody flux,  she can walk through causing infernos also being immune to her own children? It is clear that she has this power invested by hereditary means, you say on the show? Equally speculating that she cannot now really be harmed unless otherwise by other magic?

It is a bit more than a resistance, its johnny blaze a superhero. :P

She's been shown to be heat resistant even before the ritual, it's something she's always had. She can't cause infernos, she can walk through them without harm. It's not only Magic that can harm her, anything that isn't fire/heat can harm her.

"She had nothing left her Khal was a lifeless husk, her child was dead, Maz Durr had laughed in her face killing them. Her people had left her, only the sick and old stayed by her. Her Khal's bloodriders had tried to kill her before Jorah protected her with her young bloodriders. All she had was her dragon eggs after her own brother was also dead. Her advisor Jorah said run let's run because they would come back for her and that meant Dosh Khaleen or worse. She then makes a bonfire saying to Jorah when asked what she is doing because the eggs are so valuable as a means of escape, that she is going to try to do the ritual Maz Durr had? What does that suggest, all the cards in the fire if it doesn't work what else but suicide."

"What was I talking about, She had nothing left, it was sink or swim, hey she swum. That time. But below you have admitted to the blood ritual used, via the sacrifices made prompting her powers."

This is ridiculous. Dany spoke about her Khalisar before she went into the fire. She knew full well she would survive. She knew full well her dragons would hatch.

And there is absolutely nothing to demonstrate the event was blood magic. How did she suddenly learn how to use it if it was?

1 hour ago, WingedShadow said:

She's been shown to be heat resistant even before the ritual, it's something she's always had. She can't cause infernos, she can walk through them without harm. It's not only Magic that can harm her, anything that isn't fire/heat can harm her.

Please clarify where, because she said dragons don't get burned and Viserys got burnt, that means she is bun proof earlier before her birthing ritual? I hear the sun is a very nice place this time of year? She caused an inferno, the braziers contained charcoal you can see their burning coals, somehow after tipping them over they had the contents of wildfire? So the Khal's turned into the Hound afraid of kittens. Meaning she has powers, she is Johnny Blaze, look into my eyes?

I was just trying too watch the show and not makes stuff up. :P

How about when she picked up a red hot egg, held it, and didn't get burned, even though her handmaiden did when she barely touched it.

The braziers were full of oil. She caused no inferno.

13 minutes ago, Vastet said:

This is ridiculous. Dany spoke about her Khalisar before she went into the fire. She knew full well she would survive. She knew full well her dragons would hatch.

And there is absolutely nothing to demonstrate the event was blood magic. How did she suddenly learn how to use it if it was?

Dany what to her party of old, sick, women, and children the people that were too weak to leave with Aggo and he took everybody else. It was sink or swim, she swum. If she didn't she would be dead. It was throwing all her aces into the flames attempting to recreate the ritual through sacrifice, her Dragons birthed through sacrifice giving her, her power.

The ritual before was blood magic, a ritual that required sacrifice. She recreated that ritual in her own ability

17 minutes ago, House Toad said:

Please clarify where, because she said dragons don't get burned and Viserys got burnt, that means she is bun proof earlier before her birthing ritual?

She said that before the ritual, but before that she handled hot dragon eggs without being burnt and climbed into an extremely hot bath was if it was comfortable.

I hear the sun is a very nice place this time of year?

She can't survive the sun because the Sun is not fire. It's extremely hot gasses at ridiculous high temperatures and pressures

She caused an inferno, the braziers contained charcoal you can see their burning coals, somehow after tipping them over they had the contents of wildfire?

No, the braziers had oil in them. She tipped them over and it splashed out with the fire, allowing it to spread further and it quickly reached some wood, and after that the fire spread quickly, a completely natural thing,

So the Khal's turned into the Hound afraid of kittens.

They were afraid because they're trapped in the temple and its quickly turning into a furnace. Survival instincts.

Meaning she has powers, she is Johnny Blaze, look into my eyes?

I was just trying too watch the show and not makes stuff up. :P

She isn't creating fire, she has no powers besides being able to survive heat and has a connection to her dragons of some sort.

4 minutes ago, Vastet said:

How about when she picked up a red hot egg, held it, and didn't get burned, even though her handmaiden did when she barely touched it.

The braziers were full of oil. She caused no inferno.

You respond with what you haven't seen. giving creedence to what wasn't there. You argue for the sake of it, and you think you are some how better than the rest of us, immune to forum rules.

What what what, I can flip meat in burning pan without burning myself my skin is thick and I take quite hot showers. Ask somebody younger to do this they get burnt, your point?

The braziers had burning coals, you can see the embers within. No they didn't have oil when they have embers.

9 hours ago, House Toad said:

If the Dragons can be summoned through a psychic/warg connection in the fighting pits leading to her capture. Why didn't she summon a dragon here?

The reason I ask this is because the first time she was the ghost rider, it involved a ritual involving blood magic. When she birthed her dragons she killed a witch, and her Khal offering most of her possessions to the flames. after another Blood magic ritual where a horse was sacrificed and her unborn child died.

Here she is flammable because she is was born flammable and so she is flammable? Has she gained new inferno powers, was she born with fireproof powers, is she human?

Show version of Dany has always had some sort of protection against heat / fire. It goes all the way back to season 1, when she touched her dragon eggs as soon as they came out of the fire, without a scratch or burn on her. 

I don't think she quite knows how to summon or control her dragons just yet. What happened in the fighting pits wasn't something she controlled. 

And in truth - Dany getting out of a tough spot with a simple "look at my dragons" is a plot device that has been played out far too many times on the show, that it was nice to give her another solution for a change. One that actually involved HER getting HERSELF out of her own tricky situation, and not relying on the presence of dragons or armies or supporters, etc. 

Archived