Discussing Sansa XXII: Porcelain, ivory, steel...

Mladen

OK, here we go again...

In fire, one queen was made, in ice, it seems another. Sansa reached Wall and it seems, she is more than adamant in revenging her family. The way Sansa pushes Jon towards decision is so forceful that one can only try to remember when she showed that level of agency. It was a turning point for Sansa Stark and we can only wait and see what this dynamic duo can do.

Welcome to Discussing Sansa thread... Let the games begin :) 

She is tough. Now she also needs to be smart. I guess their next stop is Bear Island - the show stopped at Longclaw for a reason, so I guess Jon will want to go there to return the sword and, since he also remembers Lyanna Mormont's letter, it's a safe place to start recruiting and adding numbers to their host.

OTOH, we have a Sansa-Littlefinger (who was great in his scene today) meeting next episode.

Here's hoping for Sansa to cut Ramsay's throat and hang his entrails to the Winterfell's Hearth Tree in a sacrifice to the Old Gods. Probably won't happen, though :(

10 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Got super-shippy vibes from Jon and Sansa's scenes: the big hug, the swelling music, the handholding at the end, etc. etc. "Where will WE go," indeed.

As utterly predictable as it was,  don't forget that part where they completely cleared the air on the kiddie crap from their old days at Winterfell.  I never understood why anyone thought that would matter,  but some have clung to that as a point of contention in other discussions.  I'm still not 100% convinced,  but yeah,  there were some vibes there and even perhaps some hints of it in the after-the-episode discussion of the scenes. 

at least sansa is turning into a stark and not just a dead weight around everyone's neck

interestingly she tells jon he is son of warden of the north so he must act...but who does she see as lord of winterfell...can't be jon when she knows bran and rickon are alive...and not bastards 

16 minutes ago, Newstar said:

Got super-shippy vibes from Jon and Sansa's scenes: the big hug, the swelling music, the handholding at the end, etc. etc. "Where will WE go," indeed.

Well, he does like redheads. *ducks for cover*

4 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

at least sansa is turning into a stark and not just a dead weight around everyone's neck

interestingly she tells jon he is son of warden of the north so he must act...but who does she see as lord of winterfell...can't be jon when she knows bran and rickon are alive...and not bastards 

I wondered about that,  too,  but I think there's a plausible explanation,  that she's only speaking of his ability to rally the North to fight,  not necessarily that he should sit in Ned Stark's seat at Winterfell and rule himself. That can be sorted out later after Winterfell is retaken, Rickon rescued,  and the Boltons cast down.  

Granted,  before its all said and done,  I expect that either Sansa or Jon..,probably Sansa... actually WILL be sitting in Ned Stark's seat,  but whatever. 

19 minutes ago, Newstar said:

I didn't get the shipping vibes at all, just seemed to me like they were family happy to see each other.

Loved Sansa in this episode though, and I thought her pushing Jon to go back and take Winterfell was a great touch, as you could see where both of them were coming from (though I didn't buy his reluctance persisting after Ramsay's letter came).

7 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

I actually genuinely thought she might offer to legitimise him... Until they heard about Rickon, Sansa is the heir to Winterfell according to everyone, and I'm not entirely clear what the rules are, but certainly if she was named Queen of the North she could do it.

3 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I think Jon goes to bear Island. I think he and Sansa split up, Davos and Mel with Jon, Brienne and Pod with Sansa. Preview with next week has Sansa confront LF. I look forward to that.

I think Jon himself spoke to that possibility of splitting up in the first scene.  From here on,  I think its likely to be  'where do WE go' for those two characters.  

I did love the hug - OMG finally, a reunion! But ... anyone kind of put off by Sansa's immediate turn from shell shocked damsel in distress to RAWR  WE MUST FIGHT!. After the letter, yeah, it totally makes sense. Before that though, when here and Jon were having a private moment it seemed like an abrupt turn about for her. Just give her a little time to mentally adjust to her new situation before pulling out the claws, that's all I'm asking.

8 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

I was under the impression that only a select few knew that Bran and Rickon were really alive. Maybe her lessons with LF are about to pay off, or she's just hella happy to see family after so long she finally remembers her name...

4 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

Well, he does like redheads. *ducks for cover*

Everyone has a type lol. 

3 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

I did love the hug - OMG finally, a reunion! But ... anyone kind of put off by Sansa's immediate turn from shell shocked damsel in distress to RAWR  WE MUST FIGHT!. After the letter, yeah, it totally makes sense. Before that though, when here and Jon were having a private moment it seemed like an abrupt turn about for her. Just give her a little time to mentally adjust to her new situation before pulling out the claws, that's all I'm asking.

I disagree. I think she's fed up being the victim and a piece in other's plans, and I felt the call to action was a quite natural point for her character to reach. I also think Jon having forsaken his vows makes a difference; if he'd been tied to Castle Black, she wouldn't have an ally, only another protector.

3 minutes ago, Princess of Dragonflies said:

I was under the impression that only a select few knew that Bran and Rickon were really alive. Maybe her lessons with LF are about to pay off, or she's just hella happy to see family after so long she finally remembers her name...

Everyone has a type lol. 

yes i agree that not many know... but jon knew about bran, and presumably rickon if sam knew about him and osha going off alone

7 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

She's been pulling out the claws ever since she almost threw Joffrey off the walkway. Now she's with Jon and she's finally proud to be a Stark instead of a golden Lannister bride.

11 minutes ago, bb1180 said:

I think Jon himself spoke to that possibility of splitting up in the first scene.  From here on,  I think its likely to be  'where do WE go' for those two characters.  

They will say goodbye next week and meet at the end of the season. Kinda awkward seeing two Starks together, the older ones I mean.

Archived