Discussing Sansa XXII: Porcelain, ivory, steel...

Mladen

28 minutes ago, WinterCloak said:

Me too! I hope Sansa doesn't believe his bull$h!t. I'd prefer if she gave him an ultimatim to prove that his words aren't wind. LF is a smug little prick and I get it, the show needs it but can we not have Sansa's character development go one step forward three steps back?

This would be awesome. Can you picture Sansa giving LF an ultimatum while he's surrounded by Jon, Brienne, and Tormund? Don't think he'll have much of a choice :D

6 minutes ago, Woman of War said:

Anybody notice the look Tormund gave Brienne..... Cute!

We all did... It wasn't that subtle. So, now, I can stop with my ginger-ship :)

8 minutes ago, The Hound 25 said:

This would be awesome. Can you picture Sansa giving LF an ultimatum while he's surrounded by Jon, Brienne, and Tormund? Don't think he'll have much of a choice :D

Well, I think LF is already prepared for this. He got all of that covered in this episode.

7 hours ago, Colonel Green said:

Sansa is also at Bear Island, from the season trailers.  There's not much for them to do separately.

The Sansa/Jon scenes this week were great, but afterward I was thinking about all the stuff they jumped over.  Jon was evidently told about Sansa being Ramsay's wife, given the later scene with the letter, so I'm fine jumping over that.  But, e.g., Jon dying, everything with the White Walkers; given that Sansa's never had anything to do with magic, that seems like a big reveal.  Unless they didn't talk about that and it's coming later.  We can also assume they compared notes on siblings, though since Sansa is sending Brienne away next week perhaps we'll see them talk about Arya beforehand.

Next week Brienne is with Sansa, they may seperate after but I doubt it, not yet anyway. LF is there when Sansa confronts LF, Sansa would be a fool to trust him or not keep Brienne with her when she is around him at all times. I do not think this is Bear Island.

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Next week Brienne is with Sansa, they may seperate after but I doubt it, not yet anyway. LF is there when Sansa confronts LF, Sansa would be a fool to trust him or not keep Brienne with her when she is around him at all times. I do not think this is Bear Island.

The promotional synopsis says that Brienne is given a mission next week.

10 hours ago, Gertrude said:

I did love the hug - OMG finally, a reunion! But ... anyone kind of put off by Sansa's immediate turn from shell shocked damsel in distress to RAWR  WE MUST FIGHT!. After the letter, yeah, it totally makes sense. Before that though, when here and Jon were having a private moment it seemed like an abrupt turn about for her. Just give her a little time to mentally adjust to her new situation before pulling out the claws, that's all I'm asking.

After all that she has been through and knowing what is at stake at the moment she has no choice but to be and seeing finally that she is with people who are on her side, its not that out of the realm to believe she would have confidence in herself.  Also knowing that her brothers are still alive and that Arya has at least been seen recently would change anyone's outlook pretty quickly.

11 hours ago, Newstar said:

Got super-shippy vibes from Jon and Sansa's scenes: the big hug, the swelling music, the handholding at the end, etc. etc. "Where will WE go," indeed.

.... uh, what?  A brother and sister can't be excited to see each other after a long absence which also included torture and even death without people thinking they secretly want each other sexually now?   People need to get their minds out of the gutter.  This same thing happens when two men or two women are close friends in shows.  Everyone wants to start shipping them as gay.   I mean, heavens forbid that a brother and sister or two close men or women deeply care for each other without sexual undertones...

26 minutes ago, Colonel Green said:

The promotional synopsis says that Brienne is given a mission next week.

Sansa might be willing to forgive Littlefinger and sending Brienne onthe mission but instead of playing him and using him. That would be sweet. Using Vale forces and finally be a player.

People, please have in mind the policy about spoilers... There might be those among us who don't want to know what happens in the next episode. Thanks.

9 hours ago, Robb_Warged said:

Are you with me in supporting the Jon/Sansa ship?  We all saw the romantic interest in her stare at him when they were talking about home.  She needed to hear him say he forgave her for the way she treated him.  Jon, as always, knows nothing, and will take some time to realize what he feels for her.  His interest in Ygritte was his subconscious acting out on his yearning for the redhead he truly likes (Sansa)

I am absolutely on board this ship!! Last night's episode solidified what I was teetering on with the book theories.

6 hours ago, Woman of War said:

This time I really hoped that someone has opened the inevitable Sansa thread so I have a place to praise the character and her actress.

Badass! She was the one encouraging Jon who - understandably - has lost faith in himself. She was proud and she was kind.

And I loved how she struggled with that food a noble lady would normally not even get close to. Those small things, apart from her newfound radiance,  showing that she is not little Sansa anymore who denies reality. 

The show did so much for me to finally not being only mildly interested in little (book) Sansa  but to really love her character on the level like I love Arya, Dany, Tyrion, Brienne and Jon. Sophie Turner is playing her character into my heart.

I agree, I'm definitely more of a fan than I was last week.

I'm actually surprised of seeing

LF and Sansa talking on next week's promo. LF's jetpack is back again, and I've always hated it. I hope this is the season LF gets the axe.

Also, pretty sure Sansa will send Brienne off to the Riverlands next episode. She's actually the only one who can find Arya. Then she'll meet again with Jaime, as some spoilers mentioned.

9 hours ago, Robb_Warged said:

Are you with me in supporting the Jon/Sansa ship?  We all saw the romantic interest in her stare at him when they were talking about home.  She needed to hear him say he forgave her for the way she treated him.  Jon, as always, knows nothing, and will take some time to realize what he feels for her.  His interest in Ygritte was his subconscious acting out on his yearning for the redhead he truly likes (Sansa)

I mean if you saw it. Honestly it looked to me like simply she was happy to see familiar face, family and be actually in pleasent atmospehere for once.

Tough? Smart? I feel everything that Sansa did this season is so out of character. I don't think she's accomplished anything to prove her strength or "iron will" thus far. I mean she's shaken and traumatized by her experience with Ramsay one minute and the next she's confidently claiming that she will defeat the Boltons and take back Winterfell with or without Jon's help. 

17 hours ago, DarkerStar said:

Did he? Sounded to me like he said Father no your father

If nobody has agreed with you yet, you are correct.  The line went something like -- 

Jon: If I don't watch over you (you being Sansa), father's ghost will come to haunt me. 

Regarding BadAss Sansa - Not two episodes ago, she had to be convinced to cross a freezing creek when fleeing Ramsay, the same Ramsay she currently wants Jon to join her in attacking. I would like her to have agency and passion as well, but she has wavered before.  Let's wait a few episodes before we decide that she is large and in charge. 

I really hope Sansa uses LF for the Vale forces and then kicks his ass with Bronze Yohn onlooking. At least we may get her winning the Vale again. 

Im pretty cool with her being like "ooomg now i wanna end some fuckers!" Sansa was pretty much alone for a long time. Now shes got Brienne, Pod, Team Davos, and now Jon. Its only natural shes going to feel a lot more secure and even a bit bolstered, to the point where shes gonna want to take action. She assumes Jon would want to fuck shit up too. Its a very natural response. Jon getting over some of his post-resurrection angst-blues when he gets the Pink Letter helps Sansa's emotional state too, cuz shes like "you see what i had to deal with? Why im here?" Jon be all "fuck, this guy..." Both know they cant just charge into Winterfell with only 2000 wildlings. They need help and they need Northern help. Unnnngh i hope i see some Manderly soon. These guys dont know that LF is on his way. Gods, i really hope she ends him this season. 

15 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

Regarding BadAss Sansa - Not two episodes ago, she had to be convinced to cross a freezing creek when fleeing Ramsay, the same Ramsay she currently wants Jon to join her in attacking. I would like her to have agency and passion as well, but she has wavered before.  Let's wait a few episodes before we decide that she is large and in charge. 

This speaks more about the writing for the character. We do know that Martin is rather confident about Sansa's abilities, but it seems that the show writers tend to over-dramatize the evolution which results in these discrepancies.

5 hours ago, GeorgeIAF said:

Will Sansa fit in Davos's part of getting a certain Northern House to join them against Ramsay and witness the speech given by the Lord of that certain House ? 

This show needs Manderlys like a desert needs rain... And if that speech doesn't make the cut, it will be truly sad.

1 minute ago, Florina Laufeyson said:

I really hope Sansa uses LF for the Vale forces and then kicks his ass with Bronze Yohn onlooking. At least we may get her winning the Vale again. 

@Florina Laufeyson, what a pleasure it is to see you again :) Well, apparently...

Spoiler

People spoke about show getting its own version of Battle of 5 armies, and one of those is supposedly Vale army.

Sansa was great this week and she is finally not under the power of anyone else. There is no other option for her besides fighting to get her home back. She is the one pushing Jon which is great for her character arc. (His motivations or lack there of seem to exist as a counter to Sansa's) Despite her new found resolve she is still Sansa in that she finds the food gross. That doesn't mean she needs to be protected from the words in Ramsey's note. Jon has been fighting to stay alive but so has she and now that she has tasted some freedom she is going to fiercely fight to keep it. 

I like that she will confront LF sooner rather than later. This scene should be interesting because when the last they spoke LF played her big time. He will likely try and play her again. How she reacts will be very important in her character arc. After that she just needs to find a position of power and her character arc will be mostly finished and she will be able to proceed from there. She has to be in charge somewhere. If a male takes over WF then the there are other options for her. The Eyrie or even the dreadfort. Not that important. 

Archived