Dany???

So Dany controls fire now.... seems like maybe she should have been using this power all along.  Could have saved a lot of time and problems.   Honestly, this was ridiculous.  I thought it was going to end up a crappy out where Drogon appeared out of nowhere again but this was so, so much worse.

cheers to the best dressed widow in dosh khaleen :commie:

and that final scene - i dug it...

i was actually happily surprised they didn't just have super jorah and daario save the day by killing everyone

:smoking:

16 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

i was actually happily surprised they didn't just have super jorah and daario save the day by killing everyone

I'm pretty sure they and the other former Khalessi help set it up. Jorah and Daario made sure their was no escape and the Khalessi prepared the room with an accelerant.

27 minutes ago, The Little Sister said:

So Dany controls fire now.... seems like maybe she should have been using this power all along.  Could have saved a lot of time and problems.   Honestly, this was ridiculous.  I thought it was going to end up a crappy out where Drogon appeared out of nowhere again but this was so, so much worse.

She doesn't control it, she's just impervious to it (which, regardless of what you think of it, has been pretty consistent throughout the show). The reason the fire spread so quickly is because the temple was made almost entirely of wood (also there was dry straw, horse hair, and half a dozen other highly flammable materials covering the floor).

5 minutes ago, The Ice Wolf of Loki said:

I'm pretty sure they and they other former Khalessi help set it up. Jorah and Daario made sure their was no escape and the Khalessi prepared the room with an accelerant.

perhaps... the fire was moving as if helped and the other khaleesi did not seem surprised when the building was burning

2 minutes ago, Green Dream Girl said:

Dany is the Unburnt for a reason. She doesn't control the fire, she survives it. She will take what is hers with "Fire and blood." She is the blood of the dragon. I thought it was perfect. 

Is this a power only she has? Because many Targaryens burned to death in the Summerhall tragedy.

Dany is the Unburnt for a reason. She doesn't control the fire, she survives it. She will take what is hers with "Fire and blood." She is the blood of the dragon. I thought it was perfect. 

I think the way they filmed the scene, it made Dany appear as though she knew what she was doing with the fire. I can easily see how people will think chick can control fire with her mind though. They had to have a reason as to why none of the Khals just didn't wreck her shit and tackle her.

It would have been way better if they used Drogo because when they were speaking to her, they mentioned him and was totally thinking Drogon would appear to show himself. That would have gotten all them Dothraki to kneel.

13 minutes ago, Green Dream Girl said:

LOVED IT! Dany sets her own agenda. The Dothraki are fierce, but they're not that smart. Braziers inside a wood and leather town in the middle of a dry area.  Then all the men all gather together in one hut. 

8 minutes ago, tmug said:

I think the way they filmed the scene, it made Dany appear as though she knew what she was doing with the fire. I can easily see how people will think chick can control fire with her mind though. They had to have a reason as to why none of the Khals just didn't wreck her shit and tackle her.

It would have been way better if they used Drogo because when they were speaking to her, they mentioned him and was totally thinking Drogon would appear to show himself. That would have gotten all them Dothraki to kneel.

It looked pretty obvious to me that the room was rigged . She asked for Jorah and Daario's help. I'm pretty sure locking the doors wasn't the extent of that. They probably mapped the room with oil, knew exactly where the khals would sit and where the fire baskets would be.

The only special thing was Dany grabing the fire and sticking around long enough to do the unburnt thing again.

I loved Dany going all "Carrie" on their asses. Well, almost "Carrie". She just needed to take a bite out of another horse heart to get all bloody and voila!

You do not mess with the (prom) Queen!

Just now, Good Guy Garlan said:

I loved Dany going all "Carrie" on their asses. Well, almost "Carrie". She just needed to take a bite out of another horse heart to get all bloody and voila!

You do not mess with the (prom) Queen!

"Carrie" yes and/or little Drew Barrymore in FIRESTARTER.

It bothered me a little a first. I thought for a  moment that D&D were fanboying so hard for her that they made her the only Targaryen in their history to be immune to fire. But now I'm hoping she pulls this in the books. The only way to explain this is that she really is Azor Ahai, and I would much rather Dany be the chosen one than have Rhaegar's kid be the savior of the world.

30 minutes ago, Nami said:

Is this a power only she has? Because many Targaryens burned to death in the Summerhall tragedy.

IMHO, I think it is unique to Dany and a few Targs before her. Many tried to test their dragon's blood and failed miserably, but "blood of the dragon" came from somewhere. I think Aegon the Conqueror must have been impervious to fire to have ridden the biggest dragon in memory. Just theories, I guess, but if Dany is Azor Ahai it makes a lot of sense.

Archived