That impending Stark kids' reunion, though...[Spoilers]

On 16.05.2016 at 1:30 PM, GeorgeIAF said:

Ramsay will die being mauled by Shaggydog, an ironic death given how he usually kills his victims by feeding them to his dogs.

That would be the dream ending, but I doubt Rickon will survive Ramsay. Arya is probably coming back soon, because in the show there is a feel she has not that much to do in Essos, but I was surprised by CoF insisting Bran is leaving the cave.

But Jon-Sansa-Arya meeting seems to be a given.

On 17.5.2016 at 1:22 PM, Lemore said:

That would be pretty cool but I don't know about this GNC theory, it would be far too risky to offer Rickon up to Ramsay like that knowing the type of person he is 

Yes! One would never ever use the heir as a bait in a trap trying to catch an extremely dangerous animal...

If there is a reunion, it will be short lived. Rickon will not survive the season. I would love to see Arya come back and some Sansa/Arya dynamics play out given how much their characters have developed. I imagine Bran is most likely going to stay independent and separate but his future role moving forward is really unclear to me, especially once out of the cave.

I don't think Rickon is necessarily going to die. All of the main, and most if not all of the secondary, characters who died got a lot of screen time. Rickon has barely had any. There isn't enough investment in the character to off him with much impact.

On 18. 5. 2016 at 2:38 AM, Tianzi said:

That would be the dream ending, but I doubt Rickon will survive Ramsay. Arya is probably coming back soon, because in the show there is a feel she has not that much to do in Essos, but I was surprised by CoF insisting Bran is leaving the cave.

But Jon-Sansa-Arya meeting seems to be a given.

Rickon is done. Jon-Sansa-Bran even more so. Bran won't be in the cave forever and White Walkers are closing on them...we saw them in the cave. Bran and co only way is to go south to the Wall. For sure he'll see Jon's parentage and tell him. This way it eliminates Howland Reed and we have a face well known to the audience. Jon will most likely believe Bran than absolute stranger.

26 minutes ago, Vastet said:

I don't think Rickon is necessarily going to die. All of the main, and most if not all of the secondary, characters who died got a lot of screen time. Rickon has barely had any. There isn't enough investment in the character to off him with much impact.

Rickon is a Stark. It will impact other character and audience too. Not as much as Jon, Arya, Sansa or Bran but it will.

They brought back Myrcella only to kill her and she featured in previous seaosns awith a different actress playing her. I could see them doing the same thing with Rickon. Story is focused on Jon, Arya, Sansa and Bran from the Starks perspective. Wonder what George will do if they kill him.

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Rickon is a Stark. It will impact other character and audience too. Not as much as Jon, Arya, Sansa or Bran but it will.

They brought back Myrcella only to kill her and she featured in previous seaosns awith a different actress playing her. I could see them doing the same thing with Rickon. Story is focused on Jon, Arya, Sansa and Bran from the Starks perspective. Wonder what George will do if they kill him.

I don't think Rickon's death will really impact the audience all that much, tbh.

He's a forgotten character - he doesn't have any importance at all in the story, otherwise we would have checked in on him at least once or twice the past 3+ seasons. 

On 5/16/2016 at 7:49 AM, SevasTra82 said:

I'm convinced the show did away with all Warging except for Bran.   There has been no hints of Jon, Arya, or anyone else being able to warg.

except for the time the wildlings told him he was a warg...

though i tend to agree with you that warging shall be limited to bran, sadly.

That's a good point about Myrcella. We mostly felt her death through Jamie. Still, I don't feel it would be quite as compelling. I guess we'll see. I just feel we should get to know him better. Even his own family doesn't know him very well.

I hope Rickon's death will be the saddest and executed well. I mean i imagine Rickon dying, but get the chance to talk to Jon and Sansa one last time and reminiscent that he is glad he get to see his family members before death. Or something similar like Measter Luwin's death.

On 16 May 2016 at 4:19 PM, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

There is a ton wrong with this show but I do like the Stark kids parts.  They should just cut everything else out and focus on Jon, Sansa, Bran, Arya and Rickon.  

I remember that Mr Martin said the books were all about the Stark children. Makes me think Rickon will survive - but why did Robb die if that is the case???

7 hours ago, ununsullied said:

I remember that Mr Martin said the books were all about the Stark children. Makes me think Rickon will survive - but why did Robb die if that is the case???

Yes, my theory of the endgame centres on the Stark siblings. I want to include Rickon, but as you say, given that Robb's dead it can't be a complete family. I think it's going to be Sansa, Bran and Arya. Sorry Rickon.

12 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

I don't think Rickon's death will really impact the audience all that much, tbh.

He's a forgotten character - he doesn't have any importance at all in the story, otherwise we would have checked in on him at least once or twice the past 3+ seasons. 

It will impact the audience if only because Rickon's a Stark. That automatically has the audience attachedto him. And everyone hates when Starks suffer.

There were people attached to Rickon as the future hope of the Starks. You know, after everything is in pieces and most of people are dead, Rickon returns, grows up, continues the Stark line in WF. Happy ending. I was one of these people (and I always wanted to see more of Rickon. The Skagos arc could have been awesome). But I guess time to part with this hope...

13 hours ago, Darksky said:

It will impact the audience if only because Rickon's a Stark. That automatically has the audience attachedto him. And everyone hates when Starks suffer.

People will be disappointed that another Stark dies, but the impact will be minimal. 

Rickon's been absent for so long, that if / when he dies, it'll be like returning back to normal. 

I don't think Rickon has much of a chance surviving the show, he is a loose thread that needs to be cut.  In the books it is my theory/hope that he heads north and becomes a leader among the freefolk.  Either way I don't think he will encounter any of his family.

Bran might be leaving the cave, but I see him heading north not south.  Bran has left the realm of man and I don't see him returning.  Bran can communicate to his family long distance through dreams or weirwoods so there isn't a need for him to physically communicate with anyone south.  I also don't see Bran surviving a trip back so there isn't much chance for him to have any reunion with his siblings.

Jon is living on borrowed time.  He has something he was brought back to do, most likely beating the Others in the War for Dawn, but I don't see him surviving it.  He has reunited with Sansa but a reunion with Arya is highly dependent on how long it takes her to leave Braavos and where she goes after that.  At the moment I think the best one can hope for is that Arya finds Jon when he is dying during the War for Dawn.

Sansa and Arya seem destined to meet again.

On 5/16/2016 at 1:20 PM, lakin1013 said:

The reunion between Jon and Sansa was well-done and so satisfying.  

Yet they missed a chance to show Sansa's reaction to hearing the rumors of Jon's death (and raising) weren't greatly exaggerated.

Even if she didn't hear about it before the family reunion, no WAY the black brothers stayed quiet about that, even if ordered.

Archived