Long time SanSan shipper now open to JonxSansa ship in the show

1 hour ago, bb1180 said:

I'm at the point with this story where I can hold my nose just right and accept Jon/Sansa if it were to happen.  Its not like there's no other weird, gross,  or potentially offensive things that happen. 

But yeah, them raising Ramsay's kid?   Oh hell no.  Its bad enough already without adding that on top of it. 

Is Sansa pregnant with Ramsey's child? I think the rumors started after Season 6 trailer photos showing her in the forest with that weird cut dress. That part was done and didn't imply her pregnancy at all. I really hope that would not be the case, as such drastic measure would indicate same fate for Sansa in the books. (being pregnant - just not necessarily by Ramsey)

13 minutes ago, Masha said:

Is Sansa pregnant with Ramsey's child? I think the rumors started after Season 6 trailer photos showing her in the forest with that weird cut dress. That part was done and didn't imply her pregnancy at all. I really hope that would not be the case, as such drastic measure would indicate same fate for Sansa in the books. (being pregnant - just not necessarily by Ramsey)

I don't think so.  I think that all stemmed from a few people looking at promotional images with an overactive imagination.

1 hour ago, Ingelheim said:

Sansa and Jon have pretty nice parallels on the books, her story as Alayne Stone, etc...there's a beautiful essay about it written by Tze on this very forum. But there's nothing, literally nothing, that suggests any romantic link between them, neither past or future.

I read that essay once a year ago, but google is failing me. Did it get deleted when the forum updated? I haven't been here for over a year so I have no idea.

Edit: Found it, and a  message from Ran saying the most recent upgrade may cause the search function to not work. Thank god.

41 minutes ago, Ser Muradin the Small said:

I read that essay once a year ago, but google is failing me. Did it get deleted when the forum updated? I haven't been here for over a year so I have no idea.

Edit: Found it, and a  message from Ran saying the most recent upgrade may cause the search function to not work. Thank god.

I was going JonxSansa shipping BEFORE I saw this episode, but after it I just don't feel it. Their relationship is that of long lost siblings. I just don't get the romantic vibe from them. At the same time, while I can still accept JonxArya and  JonxDany is getting closer (if they don't die or kill each other first), I don't know who Sansa ends up with if with anyone at all. LF is just distasteful plus he is definitely going down, don't think about Sandor he is closer to Arya at this point, Sweet Robyn - doubt it plus he is kind of character not long for GOT world, maybe Tyrion but I just don't think these two characters end up together. So who is left for Sansa? (TV show not books)

3 hours ago, Joan Jett said:

How has Jon been tormented because of his relationship with Sansa? Please explain that. 

Give 'em a chance, they've only just been re-united. :cool4:

Just by way of throwing out a general observation directed at no-one in particular, some people seem very hard to please. We have post after post denouncing the faithlessness of the mummers' version, yet when the mummers essay something which GRRM proposed in his synopsis the denunciations come louder than a whole convent of septas.

2 hours ago, Ingelheim said:

Mmmm but you have actual textual evidence for both Arya and Dany. We all know Martin's original outline, and how close Arya and Jon are, how the relationship between them is vital for their arcs.

The same with Dany, though it's more foreshadowing than actual textual evidence. But, as I said many times, I think Dany and Jon are destined to fight each other, at least for a while. On the books, of course. 

Agreed on Shireen or Marg. I'd add Arianne as well on that list. It's just regular shipping.

Sansa and Jon have pretty nice parallels on the books, her story as Alayne Stone, etc...there's a beautiful essay about it written by Tze on this very forum. But there's nothing, literally nothing, that suggests any romantic link between them, neither past or future.

Again, I am not discussing for that romance, I am just stating that calling some ideas stupid is unbecoming. Simply, some people see things differently. If you ask me, I don't see some great evidence for the Jon/Arya romance and I do believe that the story has gotten the new life which makes original outline, in many aspects, irrelevant. Like "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "Go Set a Watchman" thing... Same is for Dany. People like that ice/fire thing union, but I also can't see some great Dany/Jon potential. Again, that is just me. 

As for tze's essay, I would mostly agree what is said there and that is how I see their relationship resolve. And I would agree that people generally don't think of Jon and Sansa as some potential couple and that I was even surprised that there are people who saw anything romantic here. But then again, some people saw inklings of romance in AGoT between Jon and Arya, so I may just be a bit myopic with regard to that ;) 

5 minutes ago, Black Crow said:

Give 'em a chance, they've only just been re-united. :cool4:

Just by way of throwing out a general observation directed at no-one in particular, some people seem very hard to please. We have post after post denouncing the faithlessness of the mummers' version, yet when the mummers essay something which GRRM proposed in his synopsis the denunciations come louder than a whole convent of septas.

In an EW interview Sophie said that there is going to be "sibling rivalry" between Jon and Sansa this season. No torment over Sansa in sight.

On 5/16/2016 at 8:00 AM, MrsStocksey said:

I'm not sure if incest is different in the UK to the US, but it R+L=J is true then this would NOT be incest the way I understand it. (Not that I'm a big shipper!)

Incest (in UK) is close blood relations, brothers/sisters, fathers/mothers but not first cousins.  It relates to relationships/marriages prohibited by law....in the UK there is no law against marrying your first cousin although it is fairly uncommon.  However, if this is against the law in the US then I can see the confusion. 

Anyway....all of this is irrelevant if Ned does turn out to be Jon's father, although I think that is highly unlikely. 

Depends on the state. Twenty-five states prohibit marriages between first cousins. Six states allow first cousin marriage under certain circumstances (like if they are past a certain age or one of them can't reproduce), and North Carolina allows first cousin marriage but prohibits double-cousin marriage.  

But as many have pointed out this is irrelevant because (1) R+L=J and (2) they grew up as siblings, a sudden realization that they are just cousins isn't going to make them fuck like bunnies. 

19 minutes ago, Risto said:

Again, I am not discussing for that romance, I am just stating that calling some ideas stupid is unbecoming. Simply, some people see things differently. If you ask me, I don't see some great evidence for the Jon/Arya romance and I do believe that the story has gotten the new life which makes original outline, in many aspects, irrelevant. Like "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "Go Set a Watchman" thing... Same is for Dany. People like that ice/fire thing union, but I also can't see some great Dany/Jon potential. Again, that is just me. 

As for tze's essay, I would mostly agree what is said there and that is how I see their relationship resolve. And I would agree that people generally don't think of Jon and Sansa as some potential couple and that I was even surprised that there are people who saw anything romantic here. But then again, some people saw inklings of romance in AGoT between Jon and Arya, so I may just be a bit myopic with regard to that ;) 

Well, maybe it's not stupid, but I don't really think there's evidence for Jon/Sansa on the books. As I've said many times, I think Jon will remain single till the end, and there's a big chance IMO that he won't survive the series. With Jon/Arya or Jon/Dany, at least you can make a case for it.

Of course, Martin still has to give us two fat books. That's enough time for him to make Jon fall in love with anyone, even without previous foreshadowing. I don't think he will. But who knows.

I think Jon/Sansa is indeed a possibility on the show.  Making Sansa the show version of fArya changes the whole Northern storyline, mostly in regards with Jon. Arya is a really important character for Jon's arc, specially in ADWD, and their relationship on the show has been left out entirely. Instead they gave us Olly, Hardhome, and Jon getting stabbed because of the widllings, not because of Ramsay and fArya. But not only that. Last episode they gave us the Pink Letter too, making it all about Rickon...and Sansa. Sansa above all. She's the one giving Jon a purpose. Meaning. Not Arya. Sansa is the one making Jon rise and fight again, after his death. 

D&D planned this change back in 2012, so they should know by know what they want to do with these two, but to me, at least, I see far more possibilities for Jon/Sansa than for Jon/Arya.

At least, I have to say I was pleasently surprised with the chemistry shown between Sophie and Kit, their acting is really dependant on the actors they share their scenes with, and they both had great chemistry. 

47 minutes ago, Ingelheim said:

At least, I have to say I was pleasently surprised with the chemistry shown between Sophie and Kit, their acting is really dependant on the actors they share their scenes with, and they both had great chemistry. 

Haha, I even pondered for a moment, if all those 'shippy' signs aren't just Sophie and Kit feeling flirty, not Sansa and Jon.

5 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

Haha, I even pondered for a moment, if all those 'shippy' signs aren't just Sophie and Kit feeling flirty, not Sansa and Jon.

I did that too. Sophie and Kit are really good friends as far as I know, but I think she has a crush on him, you have to see how she talks about him on interviews and such, but who can blame her, I do too and I'm a straight guy hahaha.

26 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

This is how I felt too. During their scene alone I felt like I was watching Kit and Sophie rather than the actual characters.

37 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

This is how I felt too. During their scene alone I felt like I was watching Kit and Sophie rather than the actual characters.

No... That scene was just a beautiful, brother-sister scene. Nothing more. The two actors did amazing job in portraying how glad they are to see each other. 

The trend in seeing romantic emotions within siblings continues on this site... Come on, people. Sometimes, it is just brother and sister ;)

1 minute ago, Risto said:

No... That scene was just a beautiful, brother-sister scene. Nothing more. The two actors did amazing job in portraying how glad they are to see each other. 

The trend in seeing romantic emotions within siblings continues on this site... Come on, people. Sometimes, it is just brother and sister ;)

Completely agree with you...but at the same time, this is GOT lol, so you can understand people seeing romance between siblings.

12 minutes ago, Risto said:

I pray you don't get involved in anime fandom. The amount of shipping, and the high levels of butthurt and salt when those ships go awry is a sight to see. But yes, rewatching that scene it feels like a brother-sister bonding moment. And I for one am happy to see two Starks interacting for once, especially since these two haven't talked in the books.

I honestly welled up a bit when Jon and Sana embraced.  I was surprised at my reaction to that.

I am just such a big Stark supporter that even though they don't have a lot of history of being close in the past, to have Sansa and Jon both lived through the most unbelievable of ordeals to find themselves alive at the wall well...it got me.

Now off to Winterfell to kill us some Bolton's!  Hopefully (please) more Stark's survive and reunite under the Stark banner.  

12 minutes ago, HellasLEAF said:

I honestly welled up a bit when Jon and Sana embraced.  I was surprised at my reaction to that.

I am just such a big Stark supporter that even though they don't have a lot of history of being close in the past, to have Sansa and Jon both lived through the most unbelievable of ordeals to find themselves alive at the wall well...it got me.

Now off to Winterfell to kill us some Bolton's!  Hopefully (please) more Stark's survive and reunite under the Stark banner.  

I think the fact that it was them 2 - who were never really close to begin with, but through the crazy happenings of this world, had this great moment together - was what made it even more powerful. 

BTW - Are you Hellas from HFBoards?!

7 hours ago, Joan Jett said:

This whole post is just sad. What a fickle shipper you are. Shame.

And no, Jon does not have an affinity for red heads, that's a lazy misconception. 

It's not fickle.  I still support SanSan in the books.  I've supported it for a long time, nothing fickle about that.  Don't see it happening in the show and I'm open to something else in the show since I don't see SanSan being an option there

Archived