"Blood Of My Blood"

[Deleted]

This is an obvious reference to the Dothraki phrase, so this epidose would seem to deal with Dany consolidating her power. Another fairly obvious storyline could be that they finally reveal that Jon has Targaryen blood.

But I think there could be something else going on here, concerning the Starks.

Spoiler

I've long been a believer in the theory that the Others have some deep connection to the Starks, and in fact could even be related to them. Think about it, there are far too many clues. "Winter Is Coming." Who seems to bring winter with them wherever they go? The Wall, which was built by Brandon Stark, uses ice magic that seems to look very much like the Others and their castles of ice. The Night's King is rumored to be a Stark who was also Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Bloodraven in training Bran tells him that darkness is his cloak, his ally, and it is said that the Others only come at night (or else they bring the darkness with them). And finally, what could the Starks possibly have done in the past that made all the other northern houses (which are all fierce in their own right) bend the knee to them? The ancient Starks must have been truly terrifying if even House Bolton would swear fealty. The book also states that the statues of  the ancient "Kings Of Winter" in the Stark crypts seem to have barely human features.

This could be a big episode where we find out what happened to Benjen (he joined the Others, who may actually be his "family") and Bran realizes that the Others are related to his family in some way. Either the Starks are decended from the Others, or the Others are decended from the Starks. What this means in the grand scheme of the story (Are the Others trying to help the Starks? Are the Starks the only ones uniquely equipped to defeat the Others, ala Blade vs vampires?) is yet to be determined, but I feel fairly confident we will learn more about the connection the Starks share with the Others in this season, and possibly this episode.

I like it, too. If they really mean to tell the whole story in 7 seasons, after next episode there'll only be 15 left, it's about time we start getting some answers, especially regarding the Others, and with Bran tapping into his greenseer powers they finally have a way of showing us those answers.

It would be interesting if the WW are more than just two dimensional sub-zero baddies. I hope they are connected & familiar with the Starks with the whole "Winter is coming" being the equivalent of "I have a big brother who will come & beat you up so watch out" type of threat.

I hope we hear the WW language.... maybe they communicate through touch - hence grabbing Brans arm..?

I can see them just being baddies though, unfortunate as it is. I didn't think baddies Vs goodies, black Vs white was GRRMs thing but hey ho. The Starks may have a different magical winter power designed to defeat them. Gee can't they all just be friends and get along? Just kidding.

This episode title sounds like a good one with loads of great stuff happening. Definitely a lovely "family" episode. I've got high hopes :)

I actually can see Jaime or Tommen turning on Cersei in this episode, in a way betraying their blood.

I also think, that if kingsmoot lasts more than one episode, it will be resolved in this one, since right now it looks, like it will come to struggle between Yara and Euron. 

And one more - Blackfish may return, since Brienne's mission is supposed to take her to Riverlands. Sansa may ask her uncle for help with dealing with Boltons and Freys.

It may be fun to see Arya in this episode context, since jury is still out on whether she totally abandoned her Stark persona or if the Many-Faced God let her cheat.

11 hours ago, direwoofwoof said:

Would be neat to see the "bloodline" theme come through with the Lannister/Tyrrell stories also. Will Laurus be sacrificed so queen Marjorie can live? Will Cersei's lust for power get her son or brother/lover killed?

A prevailing theory is that

Spoiler

Cersei is going to burn down King's Landing with Wildfire at the end of this season after losing her trial by combat. She will start with the sept, not realizing Tommen is inside talking to Margery. Margery, Tommen, and the High Sparrow will die, and in her grief Cersei decides to burn the rest of the town, killing a lot of other major characters. It's been called a "Red Wedding" event in how many major characters die, although no one is sure exactly which ones. Jaime? Mace? Pycelle? Kevan? Loras? They all might die. (Although Jaime would be safe if he's in the Riverlands at that time.)

5 hours ago, Miss_Saffron said:

I actually can see Jaime or Tommen turning on Cersei in this episode, in a way betraying their blood.

I also think, that if kingsmoot lasts more than one episode, it will be resolved in this one, since right now it looks, like it will come to struggle between Yara and Euron. 

And one more - Blackfish may return, since Brienne's mission is supposed to take her to Riverlands. Sansa may ask her uncle for help with dealing with Boltons and Freys.

It may be fun to see Arya in this episode context, since jury is still out on whether she totally abandoned her Stark persona or if the Many-Faced God let her cheat.

In the season 6 trailer, Brienne is with Pod in the Riverlands...you can see the Tully banners behind her...so it's safe to say you are correct on the assumption.  

I like your theory!

The connection obviously is there in the books, I'll hope they give Bran a flashback about their origin.....

Maybe the White Walkers were Starks who sacrificied themselves to Ice magic to be used as a weapon against their enemies.(Until one wanted to be king himself) Who knows, the thing is, they need a background story! Every villian has a story, especially in ASOIAF. So please, give the White Walkers one.

19 hours ago, Miss_Saffron said:

That's the scene I was referring too. Considering Brienne is supposed to get a mission in the 5th episode, it's pretty simple to deduce, that in 6th she will be fulfilling it. No 2 seasons long wandering this time.

Maybe Littlefinger lets her borrow his teleporter.

26 minutes ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

Maybe Littlefinger lets her borrow his teleporter.

He is the dealer of valyrian teleporters in Westeros - and that's the source of his wealth and power. Brothels are just a cover-up for tax optimization purposes.  

1 hour ago, Miss_Saffron said:

He is the dealer of valyrian teleporters in Westeros - and that's the source of his wealth and power. Brothels are just a cover-up for tax optimization purposes.  

He does seem like the money laundering type. As an added bonus, he can teleport all his ill-gotten gains directly to his bank account in Braavos with no one any the wiser.

Oddly enough, it would not shock me at all if D&D were to introduce this as a legit plot point.

On 5/19/2016 at 9:34 PM, Miss_Saffron said:

And then we could sue them for copyright infringement. Think, they would pay with the golden dragons LF makes on his illicit deals with Valyrian Teleporter Makers Sindicate?

That would be awesome.

The more I think about the theory that the Others are connected to the Starks, the more I think it's probably not going to happen, unfortunately. Seeing how the season is going and previews, I'm thinking the truth is probably going to end up being the other popular theory: The Others were created by the CotF to protect them from the First Men, and the CotF lost control of them. This means the Others are going to end up being simple antagonists with nothing more to them. As much as I really wanted the Others/Starks theory to be true, I just don't think the TV show is going to bother having that level of depth.

I'm still holding out GRRM might go a different way in the books.

Could the others be the COTF, who warged into humans (esp the babies with the blood of the first men) to prolong their physical lives. Also being babies it makes it easier to control their minds. Didn't the babies eye turn purple on the show in the scene where puddles brings the baby to the nights king.

This is a detailed explaination i had made based on one othe ideas of ice and fire videos.

Archived