"Blood Of My Blood"

[Deleted]

On 5/18/2016 at 9:02 AM, Aegonzo The Great said:

A prevailing theory is that

Reveal hidden contents

Cersei is going to burn down King's Landing with Wildfire at the end of this season after losing her trial by combat. She will start with the sept, not realizing Tommen is inside talking to Margery. Margery, Tommen, and the High Sparrow will die, and in her grief Cersei decides to burn the rest of the town, killing a lot of other major characters. It's been called a "Red Wedding" event in how many major characters die, although no one is sure exactly which ones. Jaime? Mace? Pycelle? Kevan? Loras? They all might die. (Although Jaime would be safe if he's in the Riverlands at that time.)

I've recently subscribed to this theory based off an

Spoiler

interview John Pryce gave to a Polish magazine about a lot of people in one place(the Sept) and he gets over confident and expects Cersei to show up for her trial alone. He alludes that his character will meet an unpleasant fate. That, and when Jaime describes to Brienne how he killed the Mad King in the bath scene in Harranhal he mentioned about a wildfire cache under the Sept.

This episode will deal with sacrafices people make for their blood relations and the bonds shared with allies. The issues of King's Landing must be resolved in some manner. Jon must rally his bannermen and save Rickon (who I believe is already dead because Ramsay is trash). Dany must learn how to govern all her people. Bran and Meera need a miracle which may be Benjen.  Arya must decided if family vengence is more important than turning into an nameless  assassin. Being this is the six episode these characters plots must advance towards the end game. 

8 hours ago, ummester said:

Seemed to me the 3 Eyed Raven instructed the Nights King to kill him - I interpreted his, 'It is time, leave me' as directed at the Nights King and not Bran.

I'm starting to think the CotF had imprisoned that guy in a tree to try and control the Nights King, which they could not. The Nights KIng therefore wanted to get to Bran before his training was complete to free himself, or finish Bran's training himself.  I don't think anyone wanted to kill Bran, including the wights, but, ironically, they all died trying to protect Bran from a treat that never was.

But, it makes no sense to me. What would "It is time, leave me" mean if it was not directed at Bran? He wanted to stay in that particular vision? Well, perished into nothing whem NK sliced him with his blade, so that would be pitty. No. He looked at Bran, he wanted Bran to wake, but Bran had a destiny to make, Bran had to be Bran. NK wanted to kill 3ER himself, and he did. 3ER possibly knew this was coming, but he did not know when it would happen.

I think it did surprise him, though, but he was ready to die. He was not ready for Bran to die, nor was anyone, but NK is at his tail at the moment, Hodor will hold the door for no longer than 15 seconds after the ending scene, so Bran cannot escape. My opinion is that when Bran's time comes to die at the hand of the NK, he will warg into him, and that is the only chance Bran will have. The only alternative escape is external help, possibly by Benjen. What I do not believe is that at this point NK wants Bran to live, for whatsoever purpose. 

Also, why would the Night King want to train someone into controlling him? It makes no sense. If NK was under 3ER's control at any point in history, he now wants to end it and prevent any further intrusions into his mind. If he becomes anyone's ally, he will do so by his own choice.

We have no reason this far, given what we do know about WWs, to belive that they will change their conduct. They cannot talk, so the only way we will learn about them is either through more of Bran's visions, or through more of their actions. For now, we know that they were active 10 000 years ago, we know CotF created them forcibly using magic on captured men, we know they were active again in the first episode of season 1, and we know that they are raising an army now. We do not know if CotF or anyone else ever gained control of them, we do not know their agenda. For all that we know, they could only want to take revenge on everybody. I do not believe that is the case, though.

Could the target of the NK be the COTF and the bloodraven?  after all the COTF made the NK so maybe he's pissed about that and BR was a tool of the COTF that was on his last leg and it the process of being replaced.  Perhaps the NK wanted to prevent the COTF from getting a new greenseer?   It would be cool if Benjen is some sort of WW human hybrid that can shed some light on the relationship between the NK, the COTF and the BR and act as an intermediary between the NK and Bran.  

I'm seeing a lot of Benjen hype.

The episode title and Bran's location fuel the hype.

Benjen seems to quietly taking center stage in these Winterfell flashbacks - so he may end up playing a larger role in the promise.  His reappearance speculation added onto the assumption that we will see 20 year old Ned in episode 6 boosts that likelihood.  :o

1 hour ago, Visenya the Dragon said:

Dany introducing Dorthaki to her people back in Mereen. 

Meet " Blood of my blood"

The show seems to keep it simple.

Oh if these Episode titles were that simple. They unusually have multiple meanings. Look at "Oathbreaker"'s running theme. Not only could it be applied to Jon Snow, but also the Umbers as well as Dany. Umbers for breaking their loyalty to the Starks and Dany to the Dosh Khaleen or whatever.

I think Blood of my Blood not only relates to Dany and her horde but also to the reappearance of Benjen Stark helping Bran and to the whole Jon/Sansa relationship.

12 minutes ago, tmug said:

Oh if these Episode titles were that simple. They unusually have multiple meanings. Look at "Oathbreaker"'s running theme. Not only could it be applied to Jon Snow, but also the Umbers as well as Dany. Umbers for breaking their loyalty to the Starks and Dany to the Dosh Khaleen or whatever.

I think Blood of my Blood not only relates to Dany and her horde but also to the reappearance of Benjen Stark helping Bran and to the whole Jon/Sansa relationship.

You have a good point. Some may have a double meaning, and some don't. Like "The Door" is just meant for Hodor. Another one is HS and Margarey talk about the book of the stranger. It could also refer to the house of B&W. 

This whole first WW was a Stark, and assumptions that Starks and WW were somehow allies is really silly. If this is true, why were the WW trying to kill Bran? Why does Bran need to be "rescued" by Benjen, who is after all, another Stark? Why did Bran the Builder build a wall to seal off the WW's?

The Stark connection with the North lies with the CotF. Most likely it was a Stark that brought about a truce with the CotF and helped them defeat the WW's monstrosity that they created, nothing more.

Even if the first WW's was a Stark, so what? They have already turned on their creators, what would prevent them from doing the same with the Starks.?

Arya's disenchantment is easy to explain, She has been tasked with killing someone that she likes, and she can see no reason why this good person should die. The only reason given to her is that someone has paid the fee. This doesn't sit well with her, and suddenly this assassin thing isn't all it's cracked up to be, because it's not just bad people that she would be told to kill.

2 hours ago, Ice Spider said:

This whole first WW was a Stark, and assumptions that Starks and WW were somehow allies is really silly. If this is true, why were the WW trying to kill Bran? Why does Bran need to be "rescued" by Benjen, who is after all, another Stark? Why did Bran the Builder build a wall to seal off the WW's?

The Stark connection with the North lies with the CotF. Most likely it was a Stark that brought about a truce with the CotF and helped them defeat the WW's monstrosity that they created, nothing more.

Even if the first WW's was a Stark, so what? They have already turned on their creators, what would prevent them from doing the same with the Starks.?

Arya's disenchantment is easy to explain, She has been tasked with killing someone that she likes, and she can see no reason why this good person should die. The only reason given to her is that someone has paid the fee. This doesn't sit well with her, and suddenly this assassin thing isn't all it's cracked up to be, because it's not just bad people that she would be told to kill.

We don't really know that the WW are trying to kill Bran as of yet. They are definitely killing everyone around him, that we know. It is possible that they may want Bran for another reason other than death, perhaps they need him for another purpose.

Arya's situation could be a test within another test. Jaquen even said, the first FM was truly 'no one'. We see now that Arya Stark is highborn, descendant from a legendary family, she could never be 'no one' just as the Waif says. Perhaps Jaquen assigned her this list mission just so that Arya can fail and get outta there. She really doesn't seem to belong, still motivated by revenge and her past.

4 hours ago, tmug said:

We don't really know that the WW are trying to kill Bran as of yet. They are definitely killing everyone around him, that we know. It is possible that they may want Bran for another reason other than death, perhaps they need him for another purpose.

Arya's situation could be a test within another test. Jaquen even said, the first FM was truly 'no one'. We see now that Arya Stark is highborn, descendant from a legendary family, she could never be 'no one' just as the Waif says. Perhaps Jaquen assigned her this list mission just so that Arya can fail and get outta there. She really doesn't seem to belong, still motivated by revenge and her past.

Totally agree with your first point. I think they are trying to get at Bran for some reason - not kill him. Or maybe I'm wrong.

6 hours ago, Ice Spider said:

Did you even read the books? Thats where most of the speculations are coming from. One major indicator concerning the relation between the Starks and the Others is the tale that Old Nan tells Bran, where she suggests that the Nights King (not the one from the show), the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Nights Watch might have been a Stark. Other indicators are their former title as Kings of Winter, their words "Winter is coming" and various other tales. Its only speculation thats right and actuell events in the show seem to indicate that there will be no alliance between the Others and the Starks, but who knows, people change, people die, people arise from the dead, there is still a lot of room for surprises.

Anyway, we should keep in mind what Tyrion says about prophesies: "Prophesy is like a half-trained mule. It looks as though it might be useful, but the moment you trust in it, it kicks you in the head."

On 26.5.2016 at 10:11 AM, Magog said:

My opinion is that when Bran's time comes to die at the hand of the NK, he will warg into him, and that is the only chance Bran will have.

I don't think that will happen. As far as we know from the books warging other people is extremely challenging. Bran just showed his amazing capabilities when he warged young but probably not very powerful Hodor.

I don't think he is strong enough to warg the Nights King at this point, the Nights King rather seems to dominate him, he just caught him in a vision and put a badass spell on him by his touch. Further on I don't see why Bran should take the risk of warging such a powerful, enchanted and evil creature, he could get trapped in there (we know already that this can happen to skinnchangers) or get consumed by the Nights King. It does not seem like a reasonable or healthy move to me.

7 minutes ago, Angrivarius said:

I don't think that will happen. As far as we know from the books warging other people is extremely challenging. Bran just showed his amazing capabilities when he warged young but probably not very powerful Hodor.

I don't think he is strong enough to warg the Nights King at this point, the Nights King rather seems to dominate him, he just caught him in a vision and put a badass spell on him by his touch. Further on I don't see why Bran should take the risk of warging such a powerful, enchanted and evil creature, he could get trapped in there (we know already that this can happen to skinnchangers) or get consumed by the Nights King. It does not seem like a reasonable or healthy move to me.

Who said NK is evil, he only has his own agenda, and that is legitimate.

Otherwise, I agree with you. But, that would leave Bran  defenseless and dependent on a miracle of someone else helping him out, possibly Benjen. 

What do you think would happen? Do you think he and Meera have a chance to escape on their own?

52 minutes ago, Magog said:

Otherwise, I agree with you. But, that would leave Bran  defenseless and dependent on a miracle of someone else helping him out, possibly Benjen. 

What do you think would happen? Do you think he and Meera have a chance to escape on their own?

They have no chance whatsoever of escaping on their own. Someone will come to their aid.

5 hours ago, Magog said:

He is evil because he leads an army of undead human slaughtering and baby stealing zombies?

I think on their own Meera and Bran have no chance of escaping the Others, thats why I think that the flaming ball guy aka Benjen will rescue them. Though I would find it more interesting if Meera would say "I am so sorry" and leave Bran behind. Then Benjen could rescue her afterwards and Bran would remain behind the wall and face the Nights King. I think Bran belongs to the North now. What if BR warged the NK in the moment he slew him? Or if he warged Meera and turns Bran over to the others? That would be surprising, but I doubt thats how it turns out.

So assuming Benjen rescues Bran and Meera I wonder what happens next, does Bran enable the Others to cross the wall because of a slight  touch of the NK or will he reach Jon and Sansa in order celebrate a happy family reunion (that would be strange somehow), what do you think?

Archived