Suddenly Davos remembers Stannis and Shireen?

McAssey

I hated that. How many days/weeks has it been? And only now he is remembering Shireen and Stannis? I find it bizarre that Davos hasn't thought to ask about them in detail, especially Shireen, until now. If I remember correctly when Davos first asked Mel in Season 5 about them, she just shook her head. But now Brienne tells him she herself has killed the king. So he didn't die in the middle of the battle. You would think Davos would question Mel further about their fates since he learns they clearly didn't die in the heat of the battle.

This is dumb. Season opened and he found Jon in the first scene dead. Next he's holed up in the room fighting Allister. Then the wildlings come and he asks Mel to Ressurection Jon. Then Jon returns.

Then in literally the first scene Davos wasn't dealing with Jon's death and had his life in danger he asks Mel about it. 

Come on...

The time to ask was the end of season 5. Why did Davos suddenly care how shellshocked Mel was? Stannis then Shireen should have been his first priority. Even if he was so deeply / strangely concerned about Jon Snow'sc afterlife, after having given his life to Stannis for YEARS, once they put Alliser and co. in the dungeons, I would have thought Shireen would be the first thing on Davos' mind. Makes no sense.

8 minutes ago, Sand11751 said:

The time to ask was the end of season 5. Why did Davos suddenly care how shellshocked Mel was? Stannis then Shireen should have been his first priority. Even if he was so deeply / strangely concerned about Jon Snow'sc afterlife, after having given his life to Stannis for YEARS, once they put Alliser and co. in the dungeons, I would have thought Shireen would be the first thing on Davos' mind. Makes no sense.

He did ask about Shireen... the second Mel got back...

That night Jon died. Then for like a day he was stuck in a room with Jon until the wildlings attacked. Then either that night or the next day Jon was ressurected and executed Thorne. 

Literallt the very next Davos scene he asked Mel again.

This is a lot of reaching. 

I'm thinking D&D wanted to create in internal struggle with Davos, by him finding out about Shireen/Stannis *after* Jons resurrection, that way Davos is stuck between praising Mel for Jon, and now finding out she's killed the Baratheons.  Think about it, if Davos found out *before* Jon came back, he would have never went to Mel to ask for her to perform the resurrection spell, (he would have been too pissed) so in essence, D&D had no choice but to reveal Shireen/Stannis' fate *after* Davos convinced Mel to ressurect Jon.

I see the logic in addressing it now (as opposed to before), but I do think it was poorly executed.  They didn't do a good job explaining it or making it believable.

21 minutes ago, lancerman said:

This is dumb. Season opened and he found Jon in the first scene dead. Next he's holed up in the room fighting Allister. Then the wildlings come and he asks Mel to Ressurection Jon. Then Jon returns.

Then in literally the first scene Davos wasn't dealing with Jon's death and had his life in danger he asks Mel about it. 

Come on...

Time passes off screen, as is often pointed out.  So, sorry, it's been weeks if not months that have passed since Mel & Davos were together at the wall, it makes no sense except plot contrivance that he has not demanded the entire detailed story of what happened from Mel.  

Davos knew Jon Snow for a very short time. He served Stannis all his life. His interest in Jon's afterlife versus the fate of the family he'd served was nonsensical, as was his sudden deference and reliance on Mel. Davos inexplicably forget who he was or where his loyalties have lain for years, or rather the showrunners did.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Time passes off screen, as is often pointed out.  So, sorry, it's been weeks if not months that have passed since Mel & Davos were together at the wall, it makes no sense except plot contrivance that he has not demanded the entire detailed story of what happened from Mel.  

Wrong. Jon died the very episode Mel came back. Davos first scene was finding Jon. So unless you think

1. Jon was on the ground for more than a day before Davos found them.

2. Davos was in that room for more than a day, when Thorne specifically gave them a time table of less than a day before he would get them. 

Then you have no grounds whatsoever besides reaching to have something to complain about.

Going even further. Jon was ressurected the same episode as the wildlings attack, and then the first scene of the next episode was seconds/minutes after his return. 

So it's a massive stretch to even say it was more than 2 days. Let alone months. 

Just now, lancerman said:

Wrong. Jon died the very episode Mel came back. Davos first scene was finding Jon. So unless you think

1. Jon was on the ground for more than a day before Davos found them.

2. Davos was in that room for more than a day, when Thorne specifically gave them a time table of less than a day before he would get them. 

Then you have no grounds whatsoever besides reaching to have something to complain about.

Going even further. Jon was ressurected the same episode as the wildlings attack, and then the first scene of the next episode was seconds/minutes after his return. 

So it's a massive stretch to even say it was more than 2 days. Let alone months. 

So, it's been 2 days since Mel arrived at Castle Black?  LMAO, that isn't even worth discussing.  

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

So, it's been 2 days since Mel arrived at Castle Black?  LMAO, that isn't even worth discussing.  

Yes....it quite clearly has only been 2 or 3 days maximum since she came back to the wall....where do you think the big gap in time came?

2 hours ago, McAssey said:

It is as if Ser Davos had completely forgotten about Stannis and Shireen, and then suddenly he remembers them and asks Melisandre about their fate.  Did anyone else find that bizarre?

Priorities. He needed to profess his new, but undying love for Jon Snow first. Stannis and Shireen come after that.

9 minutes ago, Sand11751 said:

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

You're right Cas, it isn't worth discussing. You're wrong. It's laid out right in the show. You have to be willfully ignorant to suggest otherwise. 

I know you like to make up things and avoid logic and direct statements in the show so you can complain. Fact is unless legitimately believe characters were lying or that Jon Snow was out in the ground for a few weeks and nobody noticed, 2-3 days was the most you could assume. 

I know it must be hard not having something to complain about. 

4 minutes ago, lancerman said:

You're right Cas, it isn't worth discussing. You're wrong. It's laid out right in the show. You have to be willfully ignorant to suggest otherwise. 

I know you like to make up things and avoid logic and direct statements in the show so you can complain. Fact is unless legitimately believe characters were lying or that Jon Snow was out in the ground for a few weeks and nobody noticed, 2-3 days was the most you could assume. 

I know it must be hard not having something to complain about. 

So, Jon was stabbed on the same day that Mel rode in to Castle Black?  Is this the way of it?  LOL.  What's the evidence for this other than an assumption that makes it okay that Davos never demanded some answers from her until now?  

47 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Come on...

precisely. 

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

So, Jon was stabbed on the same day that Mel rode in to Castle Black?  Is this the way of it?  LOL.  What's the evidence for this other than an assumption that makes it okay that Davos never demanded some answers from her until now?  

Eh, the way it was shown in Episode 10 of last season...? Go back and watch episode 10. 

Night is falling Melissandre enters: indicates silently that stannis and shireen are dead.

and next castle black scene is what?

Archived