Pink Letter. Battle for Winterfell. The Northern Conspiracy.

AngeL0L

We saw in the 4th episode of season 6 (dont read if you havent watched it) a Bolton soldier delivering a letter to Jon in Castle Black. Its like the Pink Letter from the books, but there are some differences in its content. A Bolton seal was used and a soldier with a Bolton shield delivered it. But was it written by Ramsay? I doubt it. We never saw him writing a letter. Many other northern lords visited Winterfell in the previous episodes so they could find a Bolton seal and send a letter. The same goes for the soldier. I dont think he serves the Bolton army. These lords might took many Bolton stuff such as shields. Now with this letter they can bring Jon south to Winterfell and all together beat Ramsay (and his 20 good men). What do you think?

Nah, it would be too complicated and kinda pointless for the show. If the show wants to move Jon south, they just need Ramsay to threaten Sansa and Rickon, no others needed . I don't think the letter was not written by Ramsay.

And I don't think Umbers are conspiring against Boltons, I think it is what it is. However, we know that Lord Manderly is cast for this season, and I am sure he will be a big wildcard in the Snowbowl, especially there is a mention of special speech ("The North remembers") in his casting list.

But I am also pretty certain that Lord Manderly will die as soon as he appears in the Bastardbowl, because Jon just NEEDS to give White Harbor to Ser Davos. The Onion Knight has no allies in the south, and he has some knowledge in navy. Winterfell will be taken back by Jon and Sansa at the end of the season, and Cersei/Iron Throne will not be too happy about it. The North will need to build a fleet to guard its eastern coast from potential southern answer. And Ser Davos will be perfect for that in addition to being Jon's main advisor.

I have no comment on the Northern houses. I choose to wait and see.

But I'm quite sure Bolton wrote the letter. The only other person I could see writing it instead is LF. But if he did, the game he is playing is way too deep for him to handle. He couldn't even handle Cersei. He nearly got his throat slit just to prove a point.

The show doesn't do intrigue anymore. The letter is definitely written by Ramsay and its an excuse to get Jon marching south without it seemingly like he's just leaving the watch to reclaim winterfell for personal gain. gotta keep our hero's hands clean.

The letter makes it so that the wildlings will be willing to fight and the Jon wouldn't even really have to ask. Jon didn't want to ask them to fight but by reading the letter in front of Tormund he didn't have to.

Speculation time...

I think there is a good 25% chance the Jon goes to White Harbor to get them to join their cause. Not sure how he goes from the wall to White Harbor unless he take a boat. 

1 hour ago, Stangler said:

The letter makes it so that the wildlings will be willing to fight and the Jon wouldn't even really have to ask. Jon didn't want to ask them to fight but by reading the letter in front of Tormund he didn't have to.

Speculation time...

I think there is a good 25% chance the Jon goes to White Harbor to get them to join their cause. Not sure how he goes from the wall to White Harbor unless he take a boat. 

I can see him sending Davos to White Harbor where he could be taken by Manderly. 

4 hours ago, Stangler said:

Speculation time...

He won't. They will go to Bear island and and rally the north there.

They need to remind us how lyanna Mormont dissed Stannis.

12 hours ago, Scorpion92 said:

Nah, it would be too complicated and kinda pointless for the show. If the show wants to move Jon south, they just need Ramsay to threaten Sansa and Rickon, no others needed . I don't think the letter was not written by Ramsay.

And I don't think Umbers are conspiring against Boltons, I think it is what it is. However, we know that Lord Manderly is cast for this season, and I am sure he will be a big wildcard in the Snowbowl, especially there is a mention of special speech ("The North remembers") in his casting list.

But I am also pretty certain that Lord Manderly will die as soon as he appears in the Bastardbowl, because Jon just NEEDS to give White Harbor to Ser Davos. The Onion Knight has no allies in the south, and he has some knowledge in navy. Winterfell will be taken back by Jon and Sansa at the end of the season, and Cersei/Iron Throne will not be too happy about it. The North will need to build a fleet to guard its eastern coast from potential southern answer. And Ser Davos will be perfect for that in addition to being Jon's main advisor.

Yes, you and stag_legion have it worked out, imo.

I think Ramsay wrote letter in the show.  The show is really straight forward, I think it was simply a mechanism to get Jon to rally to Bastard Bowl.

In the books, I don't think Ramsay wrote it for several reasons.  I think it was Mance, maybe Stannis, but these plots don't exist in the show. 

I am still holding out hope for an Umber betrayal of Ramsay (because they seem like they made a point that he wouldn't kneel or swear allegiance that I thought was purposeful), but Asha's death didn't help.  If Umber held Rickon as his own captive then I would be confident in it, but leaving him with a dude that wants to eliminate all Starks to cement his rule and whom Umber knew just killed his dad, brother and stepmother also to cement his rule, just keeps shrinking my belief.

Ramsay does not know sansa is in cb... right?!

Sansa does not know about rickon in wf... (asking jon to finish without knowing got some suspicion but, no rickon knowledge)

LF is so much deus x machina the next phase would be him getting the 3 dragons to dance some techno

Stannis, alive with spies and brienne as a truce card???? MANNIS HYPE

Naah, probably a worse way is on the menu...

Not worse than Dorne, was that so we could see some southern ti's???? no? sorry then

I'm almost convinced Stannis has become a meme. ALmost.

After what Stephen Dillane said, he isn't coming back. That was one hell of an exit interview.

Nope ramsay wrote it. No conspiracy here. This letter is vastly different and don't expect the samething from martins work. WHat you're going to see is a 3v.3 with the vale knights crushing the boltons at the end of.

5 hours ago, Marcus Agrippa said:

I'm almost convinced Stannis has become a meme. ALmost.

After what Stephen Dillane said, he isn't coming back. That was one hell of an exit interview.

Nope ramsay wrote it. No conspiracy here. This letter is vastly different and don't expect the samething from martins work. WHat you're going to see is a 3v.3 with the vale knights crushing the boltons at the end of.

It's going to feel so damn good though. Stannis' collapse last year was legitimately one of the most crushing moments of my TV-watching career. I really thought Ramsay was done.

1 hour ago, MakeWesterosGreatAgain said:

It's going to feel so damn good though. Stannis' collapse last year was legitimately one of the most crushing moments of my TV-watching career. I really thought Ramsay was done.

Stannis deserved better then that. The Boltons are silly, one and off villians who have no logical conclusion but to die, I believe Ramsay will fight Jon in the books, but it will be a far more personal thing then what the show is doing. The show also made me hate brienne, they have turned from human being into another rampaging barbarian. It killed all of HBO for me, and to think my tax dollars fund this mess.

Why Ramsay didn't ask for his Reek and only for Sansa? :(  I think Ramsay wrote it. I just don't imagine the show giving us a plot twist like those who imply that Stannis is alive, or Little Finger wrote it or anything. 

If I were Ramsay, I'd assume Theon was executed the moment he walked into Castle Black. Either that or he didn't go to Castle Black. Either way, I wouldn't bother asking for him.

Archived