If Dany has 100k Dothraki, 10k Unsullied, and 3 dragons

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

The main problem is transporting vast numbers of soldiers to Westeros

It might be in the books, but this is the show forum... they'll just show a fleet on the sea and say it's enough. They think about numbers and logistics even less than GRRM :)

Just now, SeanF said:

It seems that a powerful Red Priestess from Volantis rocks up next episode - if she's 'onboard', Volantis has a huge fleet that can do the job; I doubt the Ironborn will have enough. So that will get her fighting hordes over.

I'm with those that speculate Cercei will burn down KL; I'd like to see Drogon melt the Iron Throne. Dany (Fire) will see the real war is with the WWs (Ice) where Jon is taking a pounding. I suspect that the Dothraki and WWs need to get mutually obliterated as I share the view that Dothraki romping through Westeros would be a disaster. Dany ultimately going back to rule in Essos - yes, I can see that, as I can Tyrion and Jon self-sacrificing themselves in GRRM's 'bittersweet' ending.

Boom! Sorted :P

30 minutes ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

It also depends on the one defending against them. If those cities were overconfident about their chances and met them in the field they could have been crushed, and then slowly starved to death, or hold under siege until they surrendered. But every major city is preparing for a long winter and has supplies for years.

And winter is actually coming in Westeros. There won’t be any grass for the horses to eat. Dany will have to import hay from Essos each day only to keep a huge khalasar’s horses fed. Or huge amounts of grains, in a continent where they don’t have enough grains to feed the people.

Not to mention the fact hat snow will severely limit the tactics they can use in the field. They will also need warmer clothes, etc. Unless she gets some help from Dorne or other big Westeros powers, her conquest will fail. Even the Dorne armies aren’t prepared for arctic combat. She can get the Iron Throne, but she won’t be able to subdue the other great kingdoms.

You'd think that if winter came to ALL of Westeros then it would come to Essos too? Unless the WW cause winter and are confined to Westeros somehow (can't cross water unless it is ice?). If winter is just a natural cyclic thing then the Dothraki's may have there own Long Night stories...?

Anyhows, hungry horses that are weak and slow would be easy pickings Nymerias pack...... A Feast for DIREWOLVES!!! :)

16 hours ago, FoyeTwenty Boston said:

Winter is Coming = 100K frozen Dothraki screamers.

Yep how are they going to get along in their Loin cloths and leather suspenders while trying to ride through 3 feet of snow????

6 hours ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

How? It's already been established that the wights are highly flammable, and the Others seem to melt like Frosty the Snowman when exposed to dragon fire.

So basically, Dany could just unleash her dragons and sit back and have some tea while the wights stumble around setting each other on fire and the Others become the world's coldest swimming pool.

Dany has three dragons. She can't watch a whole continent with just three dragons. The Others won't march against King's Landing and face Dany in open battle, they will spread around the whole Westeros and slowly turn every peasant into wights. Dany will be queen of a zombie wasteland before she gets to met her first Other.

Trying to stop the WW with three dragons is like trying to defeat a continent-wide guerrilla uprising with just three Apache helicopters.

8 hours ago, lidsa said:

The Reach army alone could take care of Dany's forces.

Maybe, if they were intact by the time Dany arrives to Westeros. But, as I said, they will have to face the Faith Militant uprising, the Ironborn attacks, the Dornish and probably other challenges that will deplete their strength. I don't think Dany will face much resistance from the Westerosi in either the books or the TV series.

As I said, she could as well arrive to KL, order the bones of her long-dead enemies removed from the Red Keep and sit on the Iron Throne as Queen of the Empty Wastelands.

4 hours ago, Lord Jeffrey said:

I also don't see Dany taking all her dothraki to Westeros. The logistics alone are completely mad, and no way they'll go without horses. Even if she does manage to take them all, conquers Westeros and defeats the Others, how the hell is she going to keep the dothraki there (and in line) after the fighting is done?

Plus, if she hopes to feed over 100k men she's gonna need to storm castles, winter is on its way so all the lords are taking their food into their castles and cities. Using the dragons would be too risky because 1) They're not nearly as large as Aegon's and thus much more vulnerable to westerosi armies that, after the Conquest, know how to deal with dragons and 2) The dragons could end up burning all the food.

D & D don't seem all that concerned about logistics. They have people moving through continents in a matter of days. And food never was a problem for any character, let alone armies.

Well, the Seven Kingdoms might not stand a chance against Daenerys, but she'll barely have enough forces to deal with the army of the dead, and that's assuming she can convince the Seven Kingdoms to stop bickering and head north with her.

4 hours ago, Lord Jeffrey said:

Using the dragons would be too risky because 1) They're not nearly as large as Aegon's and thus much more vulnerable to westerosi armies that, after the Conquest, know how to deal with dragons and 2) The dragons could end up burning all the food.

Westeros has largely forgotten how to deal with dragons. It's been hundreds of years since anyone's seen a live one. Besides, if there are any maesters keeping up on dragon lore and how to defeat them, there are probably other maesters keeping up on dragon lore and how to preserve them in battle.

3 hours ago, SeanF said:

It's a Narrow Sea. They can probably cross multiple times and get the entire army over within a few weeks, even if they don't have but a fraction of the boats they need. Or, Daenerys leaves most of her Khalasar in Essos to keep Slaver's Bay in line and only takes the best of the Dothraki over to Westeros, along with her dragons.  Of course, that won't solve the ice zombie problem.

8 hours ago, ummester said:

Hopefully, next episode, we will see a snippet of how the WW are going to play out via Bran - I'm still of the mind they will be on team Stark.

Also, re the throne, I'm pretty sure it will end up destroyed by Dany's hand.

If they are on Team Stark... why did Bran the Builder build the wall in the first place.   

Dont get me wrong, I really do think there is more to the story here, and quite frankly believe the others are somehow related to the Starks.

21 minutes ago, Pies are coming said:

The show never said anything about 100K Dokrathi.

As for Dany, at this point all she needs to do is to either hire someone to assassinate Tommen (or wait until he dies), marry either Loras or Robin Arryn and call it a day.

It as been mentioned back in season 1 where drogo's khalasar constituted that much ..

Reagrding ships i don't see why there is such fuss about ships needing to transporting the army ....how many ships did YG had to take all the golden company with him..

Dany will have ironfleet .,volantis and most probably qarth and pentos ...so if she needs ships she will get it ..GRRm will make it happen ..

What matters is GRRm as compared dany to nymeria and build up her invasion for six books and six seasons....ofcourse its going to be big 

What did Jon say about the wildlings? At this point the books and the show are a mighty mess in my head - I have trouble remembering what belong to which - but I believe Jon told Ygritte in the show that the wildlings, no matter the overwhelming superiority of their numbers could not defeat the NW because they were disorganized fighters and do not do well against trained military.

Plus, I am not convinced that Dany will join the fight on the Stark side. I am convinced that Jon and the northern forces will face the WW as antagonists.

Even if Dany can get her forces across the Narrow Sea, plus their horses, the whole battle, both for the rule of Westeros and the other battle for the existence of man, will rely on the allegiances formed, their ability to band together, plan together and execute together. Have we seen Dany, at any point form alliances? I can't remember any. 

Plus, the Targaryens trained their dragons from hatching. Drogon imprinted on Dany, but the other two may not really be hers.

2 hours ago, Xarkar said:

If they are on Team Stark... why did Bran the Builder build the wall in the first place.   

Dont get me wrong, I really do think there is more to the story here, and quite frankly believe the others are somehow related to the Starks.

I'll counter your question with: Why does the Wall seem to use the same kind of ice magic that the Others used to build their ice castles?

Was the Wall built to keep the Others out of the south..... Or was it built to keep Man out of the north?

I think when it's all said and done, we are going to find that what we were told about the Wall, the Night's Watch, and the Others doesn't quite match up with reality.

"You forgot to mention how easy it will be for the dothraki to do their mounted awesomeness in 2 meter high snow. Or how the Unsullied not feeling anything will also make them immune to cold. They will just own Westeros. Especially the North. As the Braavosi mercenary companies Stannis had in the previous season already proved."

I'll take the opinions of Jorah and Robert, who have actual experience of war and winter, over yours.

And Stannis had lost most of his mercenaries and horses by the time he fought Ramsay. No comparison at all.

53 minutes ago, Aegonzo The Great said:

I'll counter your question with: Why does the Wall seem to use the same kind of ice magic that the Others used to build their ice castles?

Was the Wall built to keep the Others out of the south..... Or was it built to keep Man out of the north?

I think when it's all said and done, we are going to find that what we were told about the Wall, the Night's Watch, and the Others doesn't quite match up with reality.

I am not sure if it was built to keep man out of the North, BUT I do agree the rest likely has more to the story.

We know little about the long night, and I suspect the history we do know is not actually true.    Maybe the wall was built as an agreement between the Others / first men. IE we stay north, you stay south.  Why is Bran the builder so famous?  What it Bran the builder, was actually the knights king, which explains the wall.

Maybe when Starks die and placed in the Crypts of Winterfell something happens?  I have NO doubt in my mind the Othersare somehow connected to the Starks. Maybe not anymore, but at some point they were connected.

There must always be a Stark in Winterfell...  Why?  That doesnt sound like some random saying.  It probably has something to do with the agreement / truce / whatever caused the wall to be built.  

The only thing that seriously worries me about the show is that if D&D are serious about S7 being the end, and only having 13-14 Episodes, I seriously question how they can finish this story with 20 more episodes.  Unless they start combining more and more stories (they simply wont have time unless the rush stuff).  

It depends when Dany invades if its during winter which is pretty much guarenteed at this point. the Essosi Army will be like the French invading Russia during the winter. They are not prepared for a Westerosi winter. And what food will her Army eat there probably won't be enough food for the peasants let a lone an Army that is around a 100,000 strong. Just think of the mind boggling amount of food an army that sized would consume!

Also she has yet to control her dragons,

So no Dany is not guarenteed a victory.

Archived