Cercei is walking into a trap ?

On 5/17/2016 at 1:42 PM, MoonWoman said:

I don't see what Cersei thinks she gains by trying to dispose of the Tyrells in the first place - her plotting to have HS take Margaery seemed so wacky. Tommen needs Margaery to produce an heir. That's how the game works - houses need other houses. Cersei cant seriously believe the Lannisters can exist and rule in isolation from other houses. Or maybe she does and this just shows what a loose cannon she is.

Can someone remind me - in the books, Cersei and Margaery got taken by the faith at the same time, no plotting on Cersei's part provoked it right? Its been awhile, I can't remember how that played out.

Cersei totally set up Margery in the books.  The books leave it ambiguous as to whether Margery is actually guilty of anything or if it is purely a frame job.  I tend to believe it is the latter.  It very much echoes the charges made against Anne Boleyn (which is funny since Natalie Dormer played her on the Tudors).  Loras is not even involved and is having his own issues elsewhere.

Cersei then gets caught up in her own net as one of the people she has in her circle as part of the set up gets captured by the faith and tortured until he confesses to some of her sins too.  

If I recall, Margery isn't being held by the faith anymore.  A check of the Ice and Fire Wiki tells me that in the books she basically gets released on her own recognizance to await trial.  In my opinion the book charges are trumped up and she really isn't in that much danger.

Cersei might hope for the Tyrells and the Faith weakening/annihilating each other and possibly Marg dying in the process.

I wonder when the 'I choose violence' takes place. In the trailer we see Cersei facing Lancel, we also see the Mountain crushing some sparrows... The Lannister-Sparrows showdown is inevitable, but now it's interesting where are the Tyrells by that time. Defeated and sidelined? Sided with the Faith? And if it's Cersei's trial time (no real need for her to go ballistic before that), what happened to Marg?

On 5/20/2016 at 4:31 PM, Tianzi said:

Cersei might hope for the Tyrells and the Faith weakening/annihilating each other and possibly Marg dying in the process.

I wonder when the 'I choose violence' takes place. In the trailer we see Cersei facing Lancel, we also see the Mountain crushing some sparrows... The Lannister-Sparrows showdown is inevitable, but now it's interesting where are the Tyrells by that time. Defeated and sidelined? Sided with the Faith? And if it's Cersei's trial time (no real need for her to go ballistic before that), what happened to Marg?

There's an idea that Marge will hightail it back to the Reach with Olenna and the rest of the Tyrells, and that they will play it safe and leave the storyline for a bit until it's time to re-emerge and support Dany, which is my guess. And I hope it doesn't pan out this way - I am one of those who is hoping the Tyrells have a vital role to play in the end game and I wouldn't want their story line to be cut yet to make rooms for others....

Archived