Sansa meets Littlefinger

Lord Jeffrey

On 17.5.2016 at 3:25 PM, BazdorClegane said:

Pretty sure it is Castle Black. I reckon Royce will be there as well be interesting to see what Sansa tells him. Could be awkward moment for LF

Royce is busy collecting the Vale's knights. He won't be there. And Littlefinger will need his jetpack. One or two month of travel overnight - again.

On 5/19/2016 at 2:35 AM, Pile-O-Starks said:

Just from a pragmatic standpoint, if I were a producer/writer on this show, I would want to keep LF around as long as possible. He's a wild card with no loyalties who can be used to stir the pot at any time. He makes their jobs easier. I think he definitely won't make it out of the series or books alive, but I think he'll be around until pretty close to the end. Or at least until the Wall comes down (which, I guess, could be this season), at which point his little machinations will be kind of pointless.

I would like LF to at least have one last conversation with Varys before he meets his end. What a scene that would be. Under which circumstances would they meet again? 

In the recently released promo stills, the look on Sansa's face seems to say she doesn't believe a word from LF. But again, we've been lured down this road before, thinking she might do great things which she didn't do subsequently.

3 hours ago, BazdorClegane said:

I would like LF to at least have one last conversation with Varys before he meets his end. What a scene that would be. Under which circumstances would they meet again? 

Great idea! Now I want him around a little bit more.

They just put the scene with Littlefinger in the Vale into the wrong episode. Him meeting Sansa in episode 5 would tie in with her leaving Winterfell if he sails to Eastwatch as that wouldn't take long, and I doubt he'd take the Vale army with him initially. Sansa left Winterfell quite a while before Jon was murdered. Mel turned up last season and left the battle scene only hours before Sansa left Winterfell.

I'm assuming LF is at Runestone when he meets Yohn Royce.

That scene would have tied better in episode 2.

I think Sansa will accept whatever help Petyr offers her, but she won't trust him again. If he promises her the support of the knights of the Vale, she'll take it, but she won't put herself in Petyr's hands again, and will try to gain the support of other Northern houses, so that she doesn't rely only on him to win the war.

10 minutes ago, Martin Lasarte said:

I think Sansa will accept whatever help Petyr offers her, but she won't trust him again. If he promises her the support of the knights of the Vale, she'll take it, but she won't put herself in Petyr's hands again, and will try to gain the support of other Northern houses, so that she doesn't rely only on him to win the war.

Especially now she's with Jon again. Before, Littlefinger was largely the only person she could have any sort of trust in. Now she's in the North, she's surrounded by Jon, Brienne, and Jon's allies who seem to be united behind him. She's got people she can trust a lot more than Baelish now.

On 19 May 2016 at 7:55 AM, TheLastLibrarian said:

http://watchersonthewall.com/new-photos-game-thrones-season-6-episode-5-door/

Images from E05, it seems like a very tense reunion between the two

Except that one picture with them both smirking.. Makes me feel like she will be working with him again.. Hopefully not so naively this time!

I think Little Finger's time is up. I don't see him playing much of a role now that the game of thrones is all but over and we're down to Dany, Jon and the WWs. I'd like to see Sweetrobin chuck him out of the moondoor only he'd probably just press his feckin' teleportation ring again :rolleyes:

On 17 May 2016 at 7:00 PM, mattnj81 said:

That's what we thought last season, as well. Fingers crossed.

my thoughts are that D+D have read these boards and all the disappointment with all the misogyny in last season and all the weak women and pushed it much faster the other way than they would have done, and thank god!!

I think a lot of people are confusing what they want to happen, and what's plausible (although the show does like to have characters make strange choices for the sake of drama). Sansa has virtually no power to detain, let alone execute, LF (even if she wanted to). It's unclear exactly what her feelings are towards LF, or if she will believe that he didn't know very much about Ramsay (and the show does seem to support this - if LF hadn't known, Ramsay wouldn't have tipped him off considering how polite and well-mannered he was to LF). One way or another, she owes LF for taking her out of KL, and I'm sure that still counts for something. And if he offers her the army of the Vale to help reclaim Winterfell? She can't refuse his army (and why would she want to?)

I also think that it's really overstated how much better of a player Sansa has become, but I guess that's a topic for another time.

On 19 maj 2016 at 1:35 AM, permaximum said:

Well, if Catelyn learned it in season 2 when she was in the north, I'm pretty certain Sansa knows it already. Littlefinger actually tried to save Ned there but he refused. Renly tried to save Ned too. Varys stayed absent. Besides Pycelle, everyone on the small council tried to help Ned Stark one way or another but as Robert said he was an honorable fool. After refusing LF's last offer, noone could have saved him from himself just like Ned said that exact line in the same episode for Robert. It was a nice foreshadowing. After that line he got subtle hints from what Lannisters are capable of from Varys and life saving offers from Renly and LF in a row in the following scenes. OFC he ignored Varys' hints and denied Renly and Baelish's offers.

It's Ned's naïvity that got him killed. No matter his intentions, LF has ALWAYS been on Sansa's side to the point of killing Joffrey and smuggling her out (which was insanely risky). He genuinely likes her because she reminds him of Cat. He probably died a little (more) inside when he heard about Ramsay and now wants to redeem himself by helping Sansa talking back WF. My point is, Sansa will not be the person to kill LF... my bet is on Varys through someone else. 

OR 

LF, a master of self-preservation moves to essos with a immense fortune when the wall falls and dies of old age. 

On May 21, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Jairion Lannister said:

Especially now she's with Jon again. Before, Littlefinger was largely the only person she could have any sort of trust in. Now she's in the North, she's surrounded by Jon, Brienne, and Jon's allies who seem to be united behind him. She's got people she can trust a lot more than Baelish now.

I have to think that Littlefinger still hates Starks and unlike the rest of Neds kids, Jon has no Tully in him. He may consider Jon as someone that's between him and Sansa. To me, Jon is about as safe with Littlefinger around as he would be with Ramsey.

8 hours ago, Fox of House McCloud said:

I think a lot of people are confusing what they want to happen, and what's plausible (although the show does like to have characters make strange choices for the sake of drama). Sansa has virtually no power to detain, let alone execute, LF (even if she wanted to). It's unclear exactly what her feelings are towards LF, or if she will believe that he didn't know very much about Ramsay (and the show does seem to support this - if LF hadn't known, Ramsay wouldn't have tipped him off considering how polite and well-mannered he was to LF). One way or another, she owes LF for taking her out of KL, and I'm sure that still counts for something. And if he offers her the army of the Vale to help reclaim Winterfell? She can't refuse his army (and why would she want to?)

I also think that it's really overstated how much better of a player Sansa has become, but I guess that's a topic for another time.

Sansa has Brienne on her side and also Jon, with the wildlings and possibly the NW behind him/her. Of course she has power to detain/execute LF if he shows up as is his custom alone or with a handful of guards.

And she doesn't owe LF shit.  He only took her out of KL when it suited HIM, leaving her to be abused at the Lannisters' pleasure even thought he clearly had the power to get her out of there all along, and in doing so he made her a prime suspect in regicide. He kissed her against her will, almost getting her killed in the process. He ratted out on her when he found out about the Tyrells' plan to take her to Highgarden, leading to her being married against her will and almost raped. And that's BEFORE he sold her to Ramsay Bolton and left her in WF with no protection. 

Sansa is going to be the one that kills Littlefinger and thats just things coming full circle and a very fitting end to Littlefinger. LF probably does feel bad about getting Sansa in harms way, but I think his intentions are still to be Warden of the North and if that means backstabbing Jon, he will.

8 hours ago, Fox of House McCloud said:

Sansa may not have legal power to kill Baelish, and it may not be wise to do it until Ramsay's entrails are hanging from Winterfell's Heart Tree. But since when do Westerosi Lords let legality and wisdom stand in their way?

On 5/17/2016 at 7:29 PM, Ashlesha said:

Sansa carried the same blood as Lyanna, Cat and Arya. She has in it her to be a player. I suspect after asking that question to Littlefinger she is going to rush into his arms and cry.

She is going to have LF besides her till she gets control of Winterfell.

I am kind of thinking on those notes; my impression / prediction is that she will want to skin him alive but will not touch him whilst she could find some use for him.  I think she will coerce him into doing her bidding.  She has enough on him to have him massively discredited and she must know that he is not especially loved in the Vale either, so basically she will have power over him although he will be under the misapprehension that he has won her over yet again and that his scheme (offering her the Vale bannermen) has worked.  To me that is the smart move rather than an open confrontation at this point in the story.

I am sure this has been said in the series but I just keep forgetting but does she know of his involvement in Ned's death?  Of course she knows he killed Ser Dontos and fixed the Purple Wedding and even in the books she brushes over it but I think, even in the books by this stage she knows what she is doing and I think she will have her revenge on him but not just yet.  Impossible mainly due to distance in books and show for her and Tyrion to join forces against LF but this is something that I would really, really love to see lol  He has set Tyrion up well and truly on more than one occasion (Bran's attempted murder accusations and Purple wedding - which incriminates Sansa in fact even more...) so I definitely would love to see this happening but he is too busy in Meereen for now so certainly not soon (if ever).  I think I would like a kind of Murder in the Orient Express vibe for his ultimate device (the more the merrier not necessarily just Sansa / Tyrion lol) but in whichever way it happens I really don'[t expect it to be until the very end of the series.  Just my two cents.

On 5/19/2016 at 9:17 PM, Chett said:

It's possible but who outside of Sandor would have known what had transpired, kind of a shame that Janos was offed by Jon in S5 hah.

I would bet on Varys and very possibly Tyrion; okay they are far away right now but since I don't see the show or books getting rid of a major player and fun character to write such as LF just yet... who knows... I think the Stark kids will learn the truth; now, on a second thought, how about Bran???  although I guess they cannot use Bran to enlighten other characters about absolutely everything though...

Archived