Sansa meets Littlefinger

Lord Jeffrey

6 hours ago, GeorgeIAF said:

I have negative vibes with how Sansa dismissed LF, i'm afraid that she entered too soon the GOT and will be killed by LF. Hopefully it's the other way around.

I like NuSansa a lot - she's grown a pair. I think LF's demise will be at her hands - or at least on her orders. I can definitely see NuSansa making it all the way to the bittersweet end.

2 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Her "new" grown-up tough character, as opposed to her naive stupid spoilt kid character > scared victim character.

but do you think she fell for Littlefingers 'half brother ' snidey comment  - seems Little finger has put a wedge between Jon and Sansa already - really hope not!! -

30 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

I like NuSansa a lot - she's grown a pair. I think LF's demise will be at her hands - or at least on her orders. I can definitely see NuSansa making it all the way to the bittersweet end.

Which actress was nuSansa, that pair was fantastic where have I seen them before? I didn't like the opening later fast-forwarding the middle. Byman in opinion was absolutely unnecessary. On that start I was thinking okay it is almost impossible to sail north through storms in winter. And Calin and the Kings Road should have meant none shall pass. Teleports engaged arghh I couldn't believes it. Adding Riverrun, but not the Frey's? Then the war-room, advising tactics when she is a fairytale for all her insight offered to veteran commanders and even in belittling her brother, and Brienne was there after threatening avenge? Her arc is tedious. Now we have the Greyjoys likely linking with Jon, in another brother my big sister act? Yawn :)

The rest of the episode was quite flawless the dialogue was rich. Braavos was funny, combining into training that looked great. Then the warrens were awesome, a shame about Hodor and the wolf, but it was epic. Meereen story was good with what it offered more red magic, and Jorah looked felt. Even the Kingsmoot was great until they stole all the ships.

2 minutes ago, ununsullied said:

but do you think she fell for Littlefingers 'half brother ' snidey comment  - seems Little finger has put a wedge between Jon and Sansa already - really hope not!! -

Maybe she's not 100% there yet but i'm sure she'll eventually have the full measure of LF. I like the character transformations of Sansa and Dany in particular - don''t push them too fast!

1 minute ago, House Cambodia said:

Maybe she's not 100% there yet but i'm sure she'll eventually have the full measure of LF. I like the character transformations of Sansa and Dany in particular - don''t push them too fast!

If someone sold me to a torturing rapist i'd cling to my half brother rather than listen to anything he ever had to say

13 hours ago, Maid So Fair said:

<snip>

...and almost raped. And that's BEFORE he sold her to Ramsay Bolton and left her in WF with no protection. 

...almost raped by whom? since it was ramsay who did the deed

They met in Mole's town, from what I understood.

From the "inside the episode", I understood that Sansa is playing the game, she thinks LF will be more useful to her alive than dead. And she doesn't tell Jon about LF because she has been somewhat influenced by LF and she doesn't want to play all of her cards immediately. Which probably means she has become more wary of people in general, even of Jon. It is true he is her half brother and the only family she has left (well, not really but the only available family now) but she has never been really close to him and they've spent years apart. Despite their blood bonds, they are still "strangers". 

Also, imo, it seems Sansa has an ambivalent feeling towards LF (the same goes for books Sansa, imo). She doesn't know whether she likes or hates him and she seems to have developed a sort of Stockholm syndrome regarding LF. So maybe the same applies to show Sansa?

4 minutes ago, Maid So Fair said:

Tyrion. He only stopped himself at the last minute. 

ah i see what you meant...though i never thought tyrion would do the deed...he loves to screw but the raping asspect reminds him of tysha so no i did not expect him to rape her...

2 hours ago, ununsullied said:

If someone sold me to a torturing rapist i'd cling to my half brother rather than listen to anything he ever had to say

I liked her 'hedging'. I'm sure she doesn't trust LF at all any more, but she doesn't fully trust anyone, even Jon - and that's perfectly understandable given what she's been through. It helps that her guardian, Brienne is a woman. I don't see Sansa getting involved in any romance ('giving her heart') for the foreseeable future - she needs to be a strong, independent woman and grow into a leadership role at this time.

5 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

ah i see what you meant...though i never thought tyrion would do the deed...he loves to screw but the raping asspect reminds him of tysha so no i did not expect him to rape her...

I think that's a pretty optimistic interpretation of the character, even the show only version. ADWD certainly shows he always had it in him. In any case, however, LF had no reason  to believe Tyrions would not consummate the marriage. Quite the opposite in fact since LF himself has been trying to get into Sansa's pants since she showed up in KL and thinks nothing of marrying her off shortly afterwards - he clearly sees her in a sexual way so why wouldn't other men?

12 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I have a bad feeling about this.  LF's parting gift; the news about Brynden Tully retaking riverrun, especially after she basically tells LF that their association is utterly finished, is too generous by half.  I think he's playing her and she's in a lot of danger right now.

He's certainly playing her; it's what he does, he can't stop himself. But why he drops that one in is intriguing. I like the mystery.

Archived