Sansa meets Littlefinger

Lord Jeffrey

I'm a bit curious about the first scene in the preview, showing Sansa and LF. It was my understanding from last weeks episode that LF was planning to march north with the whole strenght of the Vale.

If they're meeting in Castle Black (or anywhere north of Winterfell), LF would've had to risk going there with only a few men, as I don't think he could simply slip by Ramsey with the whole Vale behind him, which doesn't sound very Littlefingery to me. I don't think Jon, Sansa and Tormund could've made it south of WF either. What other places could that scene probably take place in?

I keep forgetting that most people go to the Wall by ship to Eastwatch. I guess its pretty possible it is Castle Black than haha. Whenever I picture someone going to the Wall my mind goes straight to the Kingsroad.

30 minutes ago, BazdorClegane said:

Pretty sure it is Castle Black. I reckon Royce will be there as well be interesting to see what Sansa tells him. Could be awkward moment for LF

Hadn't thought about that, really an interesting point, especially if Robin's there to hear it too.

My fingers are crossed that Sansa does not disappoint us, but shows some independence of thought and suspicion against LF. He is the complete definition of sleezy manipulator but if we are to believe Sansa is a new empowered agent, then puh-leeze let's have her telling LH what she is going to do, not the other way round -- where ever they meet

Did we see Royce on the scene? Cause I'm thinking LF has gone by himself to Castle Black to talk to Jon and Sansa, though he's in the dog house with her, offering the Vale's army might do the trick. The Vale forces are probably staying put until he gives the signal for them to come. And, you know, makes sense having someone attacking from South, might be an element of surprise.

I think that LF will send a raven to Castle Black for Sansa asking for a secret meeting (just LF and Sansa), he will ask forgiveness about Ramsay (in the show, he didn't know about the dark history of Ramsay), Sansa will convince him to join forces to battle Ramsay in return of her forgiveness, and then my theory that LF will try to betray Sansa after the demise of the boltons to become the warden of the north but she will know and he will bite the dust

In the trailers before the season started, there's a scene with LF in the snow where he turns around to see someone. It won't be in the upcoming episode, but I think he will die at that point at Sansa's orders. Just a guess/prediction.

I got the impression they meet in an inn or something, not Castle Black. The middle point they have between the Eyre and the Wall is White Harbor, where Littlefinger would be disembarking, at least temporarily, if he's going North. But it doesn't look like they are meeting in a city.

As for Ramsay, Littlefinger likes to pretend he plays with the "no fog of war" cheat toggled on, but that's not the case. It's very likely he genuinely ignored Ramsay's nature ("a peaceful land, a quiet people"). Up until the Red Wedding, Ramsay was just one bastard of one particular far off Northern house. After the Red Wedding, communications with the North were likely to be mostly cut off. Remember Walder Frey doesn't know what happened to Winterfell (ie, burnt to the ground!) until Roose told him.

And, in any case, Sansa needs the army of the Vale. So, at worse, it's a temporary truce and, as best for LF, Sansa understands LF made a mistake. Ultimately, the Lord of the Vale is attached to Littlefiner, so openly killing him is out of the question.

32 minutes ago, mattnj81 said:

In the trailers before the season started, there's a scene with LF in the snow where he turns around to see someone. It won't be in the upcoming episode, but I think he will die at that point at Sansa's orders. Just a guess/prediction.

I think that it's a scene of the upcoming episode, somehow he contacted Sansa in CB and the scene is when he is waiting for her 

4 minutes ago, TheLastLibrarian said:

I think that it's a scene of the upcoming episode, somhow he contacted Sansa in CB and the scene is when he waiting for her 

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking of a different scene. The one from the upcoming episode is indoors (I think at Castle Black?), and he talks to Sansa. The one in the trailer is outdoors in the snow (in what looks like a forest), and he seems surprised by who he sees when he turns around. My guess is that Brienne, or perhaps Royce or Jon, who has been sent on Sansa's orders to kill him. It's really just wild speculation on my part, but I'm hoping Sansa becomes a real player i the game and taking out LF would be a good step towards that end.

I hope Sansa ends Littlefinger in one way or another. It would be poetic justice since he had hand both in Ned's death and her marriage to Ramsay.

But mostly it would be just fun to watch his schemes and lies catch up with him. I see many people making him this powerful, almost omnipotent player. But the fact is Littlefinger has very little actual, personal power. Like in Vale, where he is a de facto ruler as long as he has Sweetrobin under his thumb. But I think lords of the Vale (in the form of Lord Royce on the show) are rapidly getting tired of being ruled by a slow-witted child and an upstart, who constantly gives them a finger. And we all saw that in the end lesser families will revolt if they are pushed too far or see an opportunity. So I actually think Sansa may gain Vale army either through LF or by conspiring with Royce to actually off him. 

Yeah, for some reason that scene doesn't strike me as CB. It looks like someplace abandoned after a battle. And yeah, LF definitely wants to get to her before Royce so she will back up his story, that or LF plans to kill Royce in some way. No way LF pulls his crap with Brienne, Davos, Mel, and Jon by Sansa's side.

Second item is that LF only power now is through Robyn and we know he really likes Sansa, so she could convince him of what harm LF caused her through Ramsey and LF is done.

Sansa carried the same blood as Lyanna, Cat and Arya. She has in it her to be a player. I suspect after asking that question to Littlefinger she is going to rush into his arms and cry.

She is going to have LF besides her till she gets control of Winterfell.

I dont think Littlefinger will be able to manipulate Sansa as much or Jon at all

Jon will see right through Littlefinger

And Sansa knows better now but will understand she needs him and his army.

Littlefinger will realize hes best siding with them in the future conflict anyway, because once Dany comes the Lannister/Tyrell alliance is toast.

Wherever they are meeting its bloody ridiculous that LF is in the Vale one episode and up the top of the North in the next.

The place they seem to be meeting has seen a battle of some sort, my money is on the Moles Town whorehouse where Gilly 

was hiding out, would certainly be in keeping with LF previous meeting spots (Cat/ QoT)

50 minutes ago, jonny__bravo said:

Wherever they are meeting its bloody ridiculous that LF is in the Vale one episode and up the top of the North in the next.

The place they seem to be meeting has seen a battle of some sort, my money is on the Moles Town whorehouse where Gilly 

was hiding out, would certainly be in keeping with LF previous meeting spots (Cat/ QoT)

It is already confirmed from the stills of that scene and stills of the Mole's town attack by Wildling scene that LF is meeting Sansa in Mole's town.

Archived