Am I the only person who doesn't like watermelon?

1 hour ago, Tears of Lys said:

I'll agree with you that oranges are wondrous and rank among the topmost of pleasures in this life.  But I like them ANY way I can get them, creamsicles included.  :)  I love, say, orange flavored chocolate too. 

No. Just no. Orange - wonderful! Chocolate - wonderful! Orange + Chocolate = nasty! It ruins two great things! Unforgivable!

I thought I was the only one! People I know also treated me like I was the only one, too. 

That said, i once had some on a really really hot day and, while the taste/texture were still unpleasant, it was definitely very refreshing. Kinda like a cigarette in the middle of a freezing winter; still gross but a good (autocorrected to nude?) antidote to extreme weather. 

Watermelon may be one of the yummiest things on planet earth, but then (as a vegan) I pretty much adore all fruits and veggies, and I am with MC in that if they are in season and/or prepared properly all such things are delicious! 

I get hives from store bought strawberries, but not homegrown (and unsprayed!) ones, so I guess it's more appropriate to say that I have an allergy to whatever pesticides they spray on the strawberries. I have to wonder how many people with food allergies are actually allergic to the chemicals that are being used to grow our food these days.... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived