Am I the only person who doesn't like watermelon?

6 hours ago, aceluby said:

I don't like or dislike watermelon.  It is the white meat of fruits and is basically 90% water.  I won't go searching it out, will eat it as part of a fruit salad, but mostly turn it down when offered a slice as it's messy with no redeeming qualities that overcome it.

This.

Sometimes a very good cool watermelon can be kind of nice on a hot day.  Otherwise, see above.

Don't belittle MC, he will take whatever substance you choose and make a soup to shame all other soups. He made a soup I ate and had dreams about a week later, which is not hyperbole, it happened. I'm sure he could make something delicious out of windex and styrofoam, the tricky bastard.

On 5/17/2016 at 0:35 PM, drawkcabi said:

I hate the middle layer that contains all the seeds, it usually has a grainy texture and a hint of moldy flavor. I'm real picky about fruit though.

That moldy flavor just turns my stomach.  I prefer cantaloupe.

I'm not a fan. I don't mind watermelon flavoured things (like jelly beans), but the fruit itself doesn't do much for me. It actually make my mother gag, though it doesn't have that effect on me. My kids and my wife love it.

1 hour ago, Gears of the Beast said:
2 hours ago, MercifulChief said:

there is no piece of fruit or vegetable I don't love when grown properly, served at the season's peal, and handled or cooked with reverence and skill. 

watermelon almost always sucks. but when it is crisp and sweet it is amazing. 

Parsnip. Checkmate. 

Parsnip done right is delicious. 

8 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

Watermelon juice is also a great fly repellent.  

Are you sure about that? I've seen it draw a tremendous amount of honey bees (in Michigan) and become a pain in the ass when having picnics.

26 minutes ago, BloodRider said:

Nope.  I find it really gross.  It's so meally, has no crunch, and tastes mostly like weak kool-aide made from sugary arm-pit flavor.

you are describing a suboptimal,  not properly ripened and outhe of season watermelon.  

Archived