Foreshadowing Jorahs Death. Spoilers thru 0604

Hey folks,

so I've been thinking about how Jorah will die on the show (obviously I am assuming he will (greyscale)). My original thought was him sacrificing himself for Dany.

after watching Ep.4 of S6 (Last spoiler warning !!!!) I thought that with Daario knowing about the greyscale, that Daario could end up killing him. I thought the way they shot the scene could support this.

What do you think?

It would be interesting to say the least. 

Daario is pretty much a fan favorite and Jorah has a large following also. I can't see D&D pitting them against each other in some kind of merciless battle. Maybe some kind of mercy killing is on the cards, but there hasn't been any references to Daario's concern of Jorah's condition apart from the initial reveal.

I'd be extremely disappointed if Jorah never get's to see Dany in Westeros.

I feel sorry for Jorah. He was one of the greatest fighters in the show, but in 6x04 he seemed so weak. It'd be dissapointing in my opinion if he is cured, even though I love him and he is one of my favorite characters, but we had Jon's resurrection this season, so if Jorah is cured it'd be like there are like untouchables characters, and I don't like that for this show.

On 5/18/2016 at 2:30 AM, SuicideSheep said:

Actually , he might be cured. Maybe the new red priestess will cure his arm , just like Moqorro did with Victarion's arm in the books.

It's just a theory , but why not ?

It wouldn't surprise me,  but I think it would be a bad decision. Why bother introducing that storyline if it has no real consequences in the end?  

On 18. 5. 2016 at 9:30 AM, SuicideSheep said:

Actually , he might be cured. Maybe the new red priestess will cure his arm , just like Moqorro did with Victarion's arm in the books.

It's a possibility but I would like to see him bringing greyscale to Westeros. He's basically took on that from JonCon and it would be interesting to see...but from set pictures around episode 7 or 8 only Daeny with Daario and without Jorah.

2 hours ago, SuicideSheep said:

So , what will happen if he cuts his arm ? It is possible to stop the spread of greyscale ?

It is possible to amputate the limb and survive the disease, but there's no guarantee it will work. Sometimes a finger or toe is cut off just to have the greyscale start showing up again on the stump.

Jorah should die, and i really like Jorah.  How many characters have died in an ordinary way, from sickness or age, a non-violence related death?  Maester Aemon is one.  And I am drawing a complete blank on any other names - surely there was at least one???  Jojen?

Anyway, people die, everyday, from age or sickness or disease.  It happens.  I would prefer Jorah go naturally then be saved with magic.

23 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

Jorah should die, and i really like Jorah.  How many characters have died in an ordinary way, from sickness or age, a non-violence related death?  Maester Aemon is one.  And I am drawing a complete blank on any other names - surely there was at least one???  Jojen?

Anyway, people die, everyday, from age or sickness or disease.  It happens.  I would prefer Jorah go naturally then be saved with magic.

I wouldn't refer to dying from Greyscale as natural? It is just like a slow poisonous death? Also, Jojen was stabbed which is most certainly not age/natural cause haha.

On 5/18/2016 at 3:30 AM, SuicideSheep said:

That's actually a fun theory w/ Victarion taken out of the show. Kinda doubt it happens but it wouldn't be totally out of left field

12 hours ago, Seany2512 said:

I wouldn't refer to dying from Greyscale as natural? It is just like a slow poisonous death? Also, Jojen was stabbed which is most certainly not age/natural cause haha.

It is natural to die from disease.  Human bodies decay, break, and get sick. People do it every day, here on earth and for some it is agonizingly painful.  I had forgotten about Jojen so is Maester Aemon the only character to die from natural causes?

On 17/5/2016 at 11:34 PM, Protector of Stokeworth said:

Hey folks,

so I've been thinking about how Jorah will die on the show (obviously I am assuming he will (greyscale)). My original thought was him sacrificing himself for Dany.

after watching Ep.4 of S6 (Last spoiler warning !!!!) I thought that with Daario knowing about the greyscale, that Daario could end up killing him. I thought the way they shot the scene could support this.

What do you think?

That would be :ack:. Just :ack:. But I can see that coming since the writing is so bad.

It would be a pitty, because if you watch the scenes closely, when they close their eyes, it's Jorah the only one who opens his to watch Khlaessi, at the very end. There are a lot details. Jorah has been there for her since season 1.

They have put a lot of effort in his one sided romance. I mean, his no-romance has been there for six seasons!

I Think we need some kind of resolution (good or bad) and it should involve Dany, not Daario.

And also, we have D-J dialogue in which both of them talk about Dany and how they love her, but also that both of them would like to see her arriving at Westeros. I think it would be anticlimatic having any of them (especially Jorah) dying before that.

Archived