(Spoilers) Won't all the dead Khals blood riders avenger their deaths?

Does anyone think that the murdered Khals in Vaes Dothrak will have their blood riders avenge their deaths? 

The TV show does mention that they do this in Season 1 when Ser Jorah mentions it to Dany. Do you think the TV show will gloss over this? 

Rules and traditions don’t matter anymore now that their new goddess just arrived to show them the true path of enlightenment.  Her will is the only thing that matter. Plus, if some idiot gets to close to try something, he’ll probably do it by setting her on fire.

I doubt it. The Dothraki believe that the strongest should be the one in charge. That's why if a Khal gets killed by another Dothraki, the one who killed him becomes the new Khal. Seeing as Dany single handedly torched all the great Khals, I'm pretty sure it will be well established in Dothraki minds that she's now in charge.

Also, I think that whole pyromaniac stunt was meant to show, that in Dothraki's eyes she is pretty much unstoppable and unkillable now. Many people bring up the fact, that they would consider her a witch and wouldn't follow her but try to kill her. But for all they know, she breathes fire or shoots it out of her hands - there's no point in attacking her. If she pulled it anywhere else, people might get scared enough to just run for the hills, but Dothraki have the power and ruthlessness fetish turned up to eleven, so they bowed down in awe instead.

Also - conservation of the plot and screen time. There's no point in showing attempt on her life that has zero chances of success. Though if she would be killed by a vengeance-driven Dothraki I would kinda love it. It would be Ned's execution level of WTF - more so, since there is not 1 but 5 seasons' worth of building her up as a major, end-game character. Offing her on the eve of the grand finale would be awesome. But it would also make all the Essos plot a giant, meaningless filler - so that's a downer. 

30 minutes ago, Miss_Saffron said:

Also, I think that whole pyromaniac stunt was meant to show, that in Dothraki's eyes she is pretty much unstoppable and unkillable now. Many people bring up the fact, that they would consider her a witch and wouldn't follow her but try to kill her. But for all they know, she breathes fire or shoots it out of her hands - there's no point in attacking her. If she pulled it anywhere else, people might get scared enough to just run for the hills, but Dothraki have the power and ruthlessness fetish turned up to eleven, so they bowed down in awe instead.

^This. 

Another thing is that the Dosh Khaleen also kneeled before her, with the rest of the crowd, so the other Dothraki (including the bloodriders) might take that as a validation of her rule.  Also, the Stallion Who Mounts the World prophecy is still in their collective memory. And they will probably see her stunt as a fulfillment of that prophecy, with Daenerys being their prophesied "Khal of Khals".

Yep, I think there's certain hierarchy of values in Dothraki culture (which show presented quite clearly). Vengeance is important, distrusting magic is important - but being unstoppable badass is the most important thing by far. Be that and they will follow you, no matter where you take them and down which path you lead them.

2 hours ago, Xcorpyo001 said:

Rules and traditions don’t matter anymore now that their new goddess just arrived to show them the true path of enlightenment.  Her will is the only thing that matter. Plus, if some idiot gets to close to try something, he’ll probably do it by setting her on fire.

setting her on fire...  Lol. Nice one. 

16 hours ago, GirlFriday said:

Does anyone think that the murdered Khals in Vaes Dothrak will have their blood riders avenge their deaths? 

The TV show does mention that they do this in Season 1 when Ser Jorah mentions it to Dany. Do you think the TV show will gloss over this? 

Would these revenge seeking Blood Riders be the ones who died in the temple with their Khals, or the ones who bowed down in subservience when she emerged from the flames? I think she has more important things to worry about.

She just demonstrated her strength so they will follow strength. She also has to back that up with opportunities for them to plunder and fight.

Once her dragon shows up she will really cement herself as the Khal of Kahls.

Think most people have already nailed it, but basically, I think the Dothraki are now in such awe of her that they are basically going to ignore many of their own traditions and tendencies in favor of a completely loyal, submissive bond with her. 

We know the shot from the trailer now (with her dragon flying over the Dothraki) is now a scene where the Dothraki are marching with her (away from Vaes Dothrak, presumably). If she can convince an entire civilization to leave their home and follow her, I don't think blood riders are really going to be a concern. 

Plus, much like in season 1, you have to assume that she's going to name her own bloodriders. 

like all these overly masculine macho fools, the dothraki are cowardish chickens with no head and severe inferiority complex issues. once mommy dany takes over the lead, they will do whatever mommy tells them to. with her dragons she has the biggest dick anyway. thats all these primitive patriarchys need, superficial powersymbols. religious tricks also help with uneducated people. dany has found a fitting match with these fanatic imbeciles...

4 hours ago, Miss_Saffron said:

Also - conservation of the plot and screen time. There's no point in showing attempt on her life that has zero chances of success. Though if she would be killed by a vengeance-driven Dothraki I would kinda love it. It would be Ned's execution level of WTF - more so, since there is not 1 but 5 seasons' worth of building her up as a major, end-game character. Offing her on the eve of the grand finale would be awesome. But it would also make all the Essos plot a giant, meaningless filler - so that's a downer. 

Damn.. ^ this was good.

No one put words better than you.

Basically, no dothraki logic. They are weirdly "male supremists. Women are weak" kind of barbarians, but this scene absolutely necessary for future plot. And one day or another, Dany "the woman" must lead them.

A dragon to intimidate them was also needed than just showing her as fire proof. That would seal any attepts by the dothraki to challenge her.

THAT would make sense.

Future plot needs Dany to have that army, and hence...

As to a Drogon - he was featured in the trailer flying over khalasar, so he will certainly play a part in convincing Dothraki Dany is following-worthy. But for this particular scene, I think it worked better without him. It makes Dany use both brains (for planning) and her own unique abilities (for surviving). The entire focus is on her - which shows she is finally capable of standing on her own.

And yes, she needs an army, so it was quite obvious she would get one.

13 minutes ago, Miss_Saffron said:

As to a Drogon - he was featured in the trailer flying over khalasar, so he will certainly play a part in convincing Dothraki Dany is following-worthy. But for this particular scene, I think it worked better without him. It makes Dany use both brains (for planning) and her own unique abilities (for surviving). The entire focus is on her - which shows she is finally capable of standing on her own.

And yes, she needs an army, so it was quite obvious she would get one.

Yes...true

A very realistic script will show some factions in dothraki, not quite happy.

I would love to see them terrified with the arrival of Drogon.

Bcause people just donot bow that easily. These crazy guys wont. But to save time, I guess it had to be done quickly.

But there is neither time or depth, hence I do not expect this.

I'll just picture that in my head. Lol.

Archived