Bran is the 1000th Lord Commander

DaPali

I think Jon will be the 1000th LC. Just think about it. I don't see Jon at the end having any title like King, Guardian of the North, Lord of Winterfell or something like that. After this war in the North, and whatever happens with the White Walkers, I see Jon taking again his vows in the Night's Watch. And about Bran, yes, we know he is not staying with the three-eyed-raven. Maybe he'll come back to Winterfell after the war and become lord? 

13 hours ago, DaPali said:

Now that we know Bran is not staying with the three-eyed-raven, we can speculate about his future.  I think he will be the 1000th LC.  

Thoughts?

Why?

He can't walk. The Lord Commander should be able to fight and defend himself. Can't be a builder; can't be a ranger; most probably can't be a steward (they also have to chop down trees and clear the base of the Wall).

Nope. I'd say he can't be a nightswatchman.

I agree with shk12344. There will be no more NW after this season -- the Wall will come tumblin' down -- and all NW at the Wall will die. Without a Wall, there is no NW. Bran cannot become LC, not only because he cannot walk, but because he is needed for the endgame. Anyone at the Wall when it falls will die, so Bran cannot be at the Wall when it falls. 

2 hours ago, FacelessManOf TheShire said:

I'm not sure it'll be Bran, but it'll clearly be somebody.

It's far too convenient that we are only two steps away from the 1,000th LC being confirmed, and I'd be surprised if it wasn't important for some reason.

I think it matters in the books. I don't think it will be addressed on the show.

Edd is 999th.

I'm also in favor of Bran.

Jon won't be LC twice. If he was supposed to lead NW through the WW war and beyond, then there wouldn't be all this fuss with leaving the wall. Sansa could rally the North behind her without him but with the help of others - if the show went that way, it wouldn't be improbable. So if the show makes Jon go with her, then it must be important for his character development too. For some reason, he has to learn to lead people without LC cloak on his shoulders. I'm sure he'll be back for the big WW war, but not as a watchman but a man, who brings northern troops to support NW. I think that's the northern storyline this seasons - cleaning up the mess, so that when WWs came North stands united against them. And Jon will lead them - Sansa may be a politician/ruler in making, but she is no battle commander - so that's a role for Jon to fulfil. 

But if Sansa is the ruler - and I think we can all agree, that's the direction in which the show points her - then Bran cannot just come back. But at the same time, we know two things: he won't stay under the weirwood and he will learn everything - so he might be the only person with the complete (or as close to it as possible) knowledge of WW, bigger even than Sam. I believe Sam's role is to tie South/Essos narrative with the Wall and WW - I think a Red Priestess will tell Daenerys she is destined to save humanity but it will be Sam, who basically says to Dany 'if you want to be a messiah, hurry up, because this ominous threat to humanity - it's already here'.

But back to bran and his WW knowledge - that's something NW needs even more than new recruits. And yes, he is a cripple but he won't be helpless much longer when he masters his greenseer powers. True that he cannot do anything traditional watchers do - but the Wall plotline is even more than the others about screwing the old rules if they aren't useful anymore. 

21 hours ago, WingedShadow said:

That doesn't mean he can't reproduce. 

and not only that, if anything, he could be the Lord, and some of his nephews the heirs.

If he survives, he should be Lord of Winterfell.

Archived