How will Daenerys get to Westeros?

norwaywolf123

These are the possibilities that i could see as likely ways for daenerys to get to Westeros.

1. Ironborn

The Ironborn are sailing to Meeren, they have a horn that binds dragons to its will. Maybe they will use it to blackmail her? Both Victarion and Euron Greyjoy wants to marry Daenerys.

For:

Against:

My Opinion

2. Aurane Waters

He is ambitous and has recently stolen Cersei's fleet. Him traveling to the Stepstones could be foreshadowed by Daemon Targaryen the Rogue Prince. Maybe he will meet up with Dany? He is also of Valyrian heritage.

For:

Against:

My Opinion

3. Slaver Fleet 

She takes an offer from a slaver state and sails to Westeros.

For:

Against:

My Opinion

4. Dothraki Horde

Dothraki respect and follow strength, dragons equals strength. Maybe she will take control over the dothraki horde and march westwards?

For:

Against:

My Opinion

1. Most likely. They are allready there. But they frst have to win the battle of slaversbay (what they'll do). Bonus: Euron a´has een almost everywhere. So there might be someone  who could help with the whole go east to go west thing.

2. What does he have 6 big ships? Doesn't seem nearly enough for anything.

3. Well I'd say at least the parts of the fleet that were captured by the Ironnorn

4. And then? Swim? I do believe that Dany will have a Dothraki horde but it must be loaded on a ship to be used in Westeros!

I agree with what has been said, IB most likely, Waters is far to small, and the slavers are not in  position to give anything.

The only catch i see is IB destroying a 300 ship strong Volantis fleet, but the dragons can lend a hand I guess. Without the volantis fleet she has to leave most her strength in Mereen, but then again what exactly is she bringing to Westeros?, it seems unlikely she won't leave a significant force behind to insure slavery doesn't return yet again.

3 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

^ As above. Ironborn fleet for sure. Aurane doesn't seem significant enough. More ships will be need to get the Dothraki over and Volantis has a big enough navy.

i don't think the Dothraki will go to Westeros..... 

2 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

i don't think the Dothraki will go to Westeros..... 

Yeah. If they do, I can see them dying shortly after, especially as Winter begins to reach further south. In fact, I can see her arrival mirroring Napoleon's march into Russia. By the time Dany arrives in Westeros and after her stay, many of her troops will be dead or on the verge of death. Not that I particularly care, but it would set up (if Martin goes this route) a rather nasty tragedy in the entire series. She spent so long in Essos trying to gather an army that will eventually die before she moves a mile inland. 

Unless they gather appropriate winter attire for several thousand men (who are not accustomed to fighting in layers of attire and armor), I don't see a realistic way for her army to survive for long in Westeros. She is going to need to join with someone in Westeros. She is not going to do much with a Dothraki army or unsullied in Westeros. To be honest, I can see her returning with a few close supporters-basically her closest courtiers--and allying with someone in Westeros. It would be akin to the Wildlings sailing with Jon to Vaes D. dressed in heavy northern attire to fight the Dothraki...they would be butchered.

Iron Fleet + Volanteen green gallies + Ducksauce's gift ships + Aurane's shiny new warships + any other vessel fool enough to be swallowed up on her route to Westeros.

What I'm not sure of is if Vic doesn't make it out of Slavers Bay (after slaying Barry), which seems likely, who takes charge of the IB contingent?  There's no clear 2nd in command character we've gotten to know. The IB w/o Vic won't give up their ships & follow her just because.

Archived