oh uh, dragons get loose

ErasmusF

6 hours ago, MakeWesterosGreatAgain said:

Scene from the trailer of them apparently lighting someone on fire. Hasn't happened yet.

Hide contents

I'm curious if they use the scene of Martell letting them loose from the books but replace him w/ another. Can't imagine who it'd be. 

You mean the last scene of this trailer?

This scene already happened. It was the scene when Tyrion unchained the dragons.

1 hour ago, Marlom said:

You mean the last scene of this trailer?

This scene already happened. It was the scene when Tyrion unchained the dragons.

Yeah, and I think they added fire there to make it look like Tyrion might get fried. But yeah, are the dragons still down in the dungeon?

3 hours ago, Ludo Kressh said:

Yeah, and I think they added fire there to make it look like Tyrion might get fried. But yeah, are the dragons still down in the dungeon?

Combine with the last post on this thread and maybe an old master (I wish they would've kept her "husband" alive, he would've been great to get cooked) gets fried and lets them go. 

Dragon time in Mereen is a foregone conclusion, however it remains to be seen what the humans will do about airborne dragons.  SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ DANCE:  Victarion arrives with the Black Flame and a wicked horn built for bringing firewyrms to heel.  Lord knows I would kill for a horn like this but my face is heinously burned from trying to light a bowl of bathsalts whilst still dripping with everclear, alas, no upper lip for blowing horns.

But I digress - with no Victarion, and no Dragonbinder as yet revealed in the TV series, some other method - machina or otherwise - will need to be introduced in order to control Viserion and Rhaegal.  Or perhaps Tyrion will prove to be more adept at curtailing dragons due to his yet unproven Targaryen heritage?  B&W have no qualms with forging their own path, much to the dismay of Dornish fans, so maybe the dragons of their world do not require Valyrian riders, only a person of true heart and humble speech; Tyrion proved the later two in his meeting with the dragons, and maybe they liked him already because of these two things AND his heritage, or only one or two?

We shall see.  In my mind, only the North matters; everything else is noise.

I dont see them getting out this episode.  The scene refered to above doesnt give any indication that they will be freed.  I dont see them getting relased by anyone other than Tyrion.  Apparently he is the "Dragon Whispers," and there is no explanation why.

6 hours ago, ThePope said:

I dont see them getting out this episode.  The scene refered to above doesnt give any indication that they will be freed.  I dont see them getting relased by anyone other than Tyrion.  Apparently he is the "Dragon Whispers," and there is no explanation why.

They do cover it. Tyrion talks about Dragon's being smart. He's the only one who tries to actually communicate with them. Level of respect no other character has even attempted. It's mentioned they're tame around Missandei as well.

9 hours ago, ThePope said:

Lots of people think Tyrion is a Targ. I think it's a pretty solid theory.

13 hours ago, Pile-O-Starks said:

Lots of people think Tyrion is a Targ. I think it's a pretty solid theory.

I think not. Timelines do not work out unless Aerys is magic. 

GRRM has said though that you don't have to be a Targ to ride a dragon!

3 hours ago, ErasmusF said:

I think not. Timelines do not work out unless Aerys is magic. 

GRRM has said though that you don't have to be a Targ to ride a dragon!

Please provide a link to that quote?

He said one of the heads of the dragon may not necessarily be Targaryen. That doesn't mean dragon rider or even if u think it does, that they doesn't mean they don't have Targ blood. Ex. (F)Aegon, or Tyrion if he is really a bastard, which would make sense based on the timelines.

The question is - what value does Tyrion have in freeing the dragons right now? 

Earlier, maybe it would have been a good idea, but Mereen seems to have calmed down a bit. 

They've negotiated with the masters, the Harpy's funding is presumably about to get cut, many of the locals have had their concerns about Dany's return allayed. 

I don't know whether Tyrion has any reason to willfully release the dragons right now. 

THat could obviously change later on if both MIssandei and Grey Worm's warnings to Tyrion about the masters act more like foreshadowing. 

I definitely think the door to the dragon's lair could be opened this episode. Perhaps the Sons of the Harpy try to kill them, and end up burned crispy with the dragons flying away to find Drogon and Mama. While Meereen is quiet for the moment, it is only a calm before the storm. At any moment, with the state of affairs in flux, all it would take is one small group with an agenda to release them. They are too small and weak to carry anyone larger than Tyrion anyway. While I doubt he will release them, they might assist in rescuing him if Meereen does erupt into warfare. 

3 hours ago, The Dames do Moan said:

Please provide a link to that quote?

He said one of the heads of the dragon may not necessarily be Targaryen. That doesn't mean dragon rider or even if u think it does, that they doesn't mean they don't have Targ blood. Ex. (F)Aegon, or Tyrion if he is really a bastard, which would make sense based on the timelines.

If not dragon riders, what would the heads of the dragon mean? Genuine question.

10 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

THat could obviously change later on if both MIssandei and Grey Worm's warnings to Tyrion about the masters act more like foreshadowing. 

I defintely think it was! At first I was fooled thinking oh shut up grey worm don't you know tyrions greatest strength is reading people and knowing their intentions.. But after a rewatch I can see him getting lulled into a false sense of peace and security in Mereen and then being invaded by the other cities armies.. Only to be saved by Dany and her dothraki and the dragons.. Burning Mereen, yunkai, astapor and volantis when leaving for westeros.. Shut curtain season 6. 

There is so little episodes left its so hard to see how else she will wrap up matters and make it to fight the others in time!

1 hour ago, VarysWig said:

I defintely think it was! At first I was fooled thinking oh shut up grey worm don't you know tyrions greatest strength is reading people and knowing their intentions.. But after a rewatch I can see him getting lulled into a false sense of peace and security in Mereen and then being invaded by the other cities armies.. Only to be saved by Dany and her dothraki and the dragons.. Burning Mereen, yunkai, astapor and volantis when leaving for westeros.. Shut curtain season 6. 

There is so little episodes left its so hard to see how else she will wrap up matters and make it to fight the others in time!

Pretty much this, but as added spice I think Missandei will feel betrayed by Dany's callousness re. the ex-slaves and betray her, to be killed by loyal Grey Worm.  

Archived