oh uh, dragons get loose

ErasmusF

21 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Pretty much this, but as added spice I think Missandei will feel betrayed by Dany's callousness re. the ex-slaves and betray her, to be killed by loyal Grey Worm.  

Oh god yes! That would explain why the hell they were put into a relationship in the first place, for the drama of the double betrayal.. Ooohhhh. 

On May 19, 2016 at 1:14 AM, MakeWesterosGreatAgain said:

Scene from the trailer of them apparently lighting someone on fire. Hasn't happened yet.

Hide contents

I'm curious if they use the scene of Martell letting them loose from the books but replace him w/ another. Can't imagine who it'd be. 

I think it will be Theon who will end up freeing the dragons once he and Yara arrive to Mereen and Dany is not there.  They will play the Quentyn role. But the timing will end up being perfect because the slavers will be mounting a surprise attack.  Also don't rule out Kinvara the new red priestess convincing Tyrion to release the dragons because she's heard of a masters plot to overtake the city or even saw it in a vision...

On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 1:50 PM, ErasmusF said:

I think not. Timelines do not work out unless Aerys is magic. 

Actually the timelines for Tyrion being a Targ is perfect. Johanna brought the 6 or 8 year old twins to KL for Aerys' tourney celebrating his 10th year on the throne. Something happened to cause her to leave and go back to CR. Tyrion was born the following year. When Johanna left, Tywin asked to be relieved from his duties as Hand. 

On 5/20/2016 at 5:21 PM, The Dames do Moan said:

Please provide a link to that quote?

He said one of the heads of the dragon may not necessarily be Targaryen. That doesn't mean dragon rider or even if u think it does, that they doesn't mean they don't have Targ blood. Ex. (F)Aegon, or Tyrion if he is really a bastard, which would make sense based on the timelines.

A World of Ice and Fire talks at great lengths about non-Targ dragonriders. It seemed to be a Valaryian cultural thing. 

Euron also has a dragonbinding horn. So what more do you need? 

The whole "Tyrion is a Targ" theory to me is a little far fetched. I am just not sure how that would have worked. Aerys never left KL, and Joanna was rarely there, and if so, in the company of Tywin. 

42 minutes ago, ErasmusF said:

A World of Ice and Fire talks at great lengths about non-Targ dragonriders. It seemed to be a Valaryian cultural thing. 

Euron also has a dragonbinding horn. So what more do you need? 

The whole "Tyrion is a Targ" theory to me is a little far fetched. I am just not sure how that would have worked. Aerys never left KL, and Joanna was rarely there, and if so, in the company of Tywin. 

- The timeline could work, she supposedly could of visited around the time she would've needed to, per a part in the world book, sorry I don't have it right now. By no means does that mean they definitely did or that he really is a Targ. I don't even 100% believe it, I go back and forth. Just used it as a reference.

- Yes, u are right, we do learn in the World Book that the there were the 40 'dragonlord' families in Valyria that had dragons. But all of them died out during the Doom except for the Targs. A few 'non dragonlord' Valyrian families seemed to survive (ex. Velaryon). But non-that rode or had dragons.

-So my comment was saying that to date, the only living blood we've seen ride dragons is Targaryen. If we learn of another one of the 40 families and for some reason they survived then I would assume they could too.

-His comment was that the heads didn't 'neccasarily' have to be a Targ. That doesn't mean they dont have Targ blood though, I.e. Jon, Aegon (real or fake he has Targ blood), Tyrion if he is a bastard, etc.

- I personally doubt it, but sure it certainly may turn out that it doesn't matter what blood u have and anyone can ride a dragon. 

-Though I personally believe the 3 heads will =3 riders, there are plenty of theories out there that make sense and reject that notion.

My original comment was really just to say that GRRM didn't really confirm that u don't need Targ blood. More likely u will need Targ blood from everything we know, just might not be generally thought of as a Targ or have the last name of a Targ.

On 5/24/2016 at 4:49 PM, The Dames do Moan said:

- The timeline could work, she supposedly could of visited around the time she would've needed to, per a part in the world book, sorry I don't have it right now. By no means does that mean they definitely did or that he really is a Targ. I don't even 100% believe it, I go back and forth. Just used it as a reference.

- Yes, u are right, we do learn in the World Book that the there were the 40 'dragonlord' families in Valyria that had dragons. But all of them died out during the Doom except for the Targs. A few 'non dragonlord' Valyrian families seemed to survive (ex. Velaryon). But non-that rode or had dragons.

-So my comment was saying that to date, the only living blood we've seen ride dragons is Targaryen. If we learn of another one of the 40 families and for some reason they survived then I would assume they could too.

-His comment was that the heads didn't 'neccasarily' have to be a Targ. That doesn't mean they dont have Targ blood though, I.e. Jon, Aegon (real or fake he has Targ blood), Tyrion if he is a bastard, etc.

- I personally doubt it, but sure it certainly may turn out that it doesn't matter what blood u have and anyone can ride a dragon. 

-Though I personally believe the 3 heads will =3 riders, there are plenty of theories out there that make sense and reject that notion.

My original comment was really just to say that GRRM didn't really confirm that u don't need Targ blood. More likely u will need Targ blood from everything we know, just might not be generally thought of as a Targ or have the last name of a Targ.

Well I am with Euron on this one. 

As for Tyrion possibly being part Targaryan, that seems to be to be "Dominque Francon jumping from behind the curtains" twisty. Anything is possible, but it seems GRRM has gone out of his way to make it unlikely. 

1 hour ago, ErasmusF said:

As for Tyrion possibly being part Targaryan, that seems to be to be "Dominque Francon jumping from behind the curtains" twisty. Anything is possible, but it seems GRRM has gone out of his way to make it unlikely. 

For sure, that may just be the normal dragon riding rules. Dragon horn could throw everything for a loop though, I kind of found it a little dues ex machina, but it certainly seems like it could change the rules.

Yeah, that's why I go back and forth. At times I feel like he goes out of his way to make it unlikely. Then other times I feel like he goes out of his way to make it possible, like did he really have to mention that the Lannisters went to KL right around that time in the World Book?

Im sure I'll continue to go back and forth until we get more info.

On 5/20/2016 at 5:26 PM, TickTak7 said:

The question is - what value does Tyrion have in freeing the dragons right now? 

Earlier, maybe it would have been a good idea, but Mereen seems to have calmed down a bit. 

They've negotiated with the masters, the Harpy's funding is presumably about to get cut, many of the locals have had their concerns about Dany's return allayed. 

I don't know whether Tyrion has any reason to willfully release the dragons right now. 

THat could obviously change later on if both MIssandei and Grey Worm's warnings to Tyrion about the masters act more like foreshadowing. 

They don't die?

2 hours ago, ErasmusF said:

I also believe from AFFC one of Lannister's cousin's tells Jaime that Tyrion was more like Tywins son then he or it was something along the lines of Tyrion having Tywins mind, been a while.  I believe it was when Jaime is outside the walls of river run in the Frey's camp.  

I think this is far fetched of a theory as well.  I think there are too many things that are written about Tyrion and how his character is that makes him too much like Tywin for him to be of another family.

I think if Tyrion was supposed to get a dragon, it would have happened by now. But aside from that one scene where he unchains them, he's never been down in the crypts to interact with them again. So unless it's going to take him a minute to tame a dragon, which could totally be possible with show!Tyrion, I don't think he'll become a dragon rider. 

20 hours ago, W1NT3RF3LL said:

I also believe from AFFC one of Lannister's cousin's tells Jaime that Tyrion was more like Tywins son then he or it was something along the lines of Tyrion having Tywins mind, been a while.  I believe it was when Jaime is outside the walls of river run in the Frey's camp.  

I think this is far fetched of a theory as well.  I think there are too many things that are written about Tyrion and how his character is that makes him too much like Tywin for him to be of another family.

It's Kevan's wife, who tells Jamie that Tyrion is Tywin's son, not Jamie. Jamie is a cool guy but not the tactician that Tywin was. 

I think if there were any good case that Tryrion was not Tywin's son, Tywin would have long ago found it and been a full partner in Robert's Rebellion. I mean, SOMEONE would have seen Aerys and Joanna sneak off together and outed them. Of course, GRRM can always suprise us, but like I said I think that is an especially corny twist.  

On 5/19/2016 at 10:14 PM, MakeWesterosGreatAgain said:

Scene from the trailer of them apparently lighting someone on fire. Hasn't happened yet.

Hide contents

I'm curious if they use the scene of Martell letting them loose from the books but replace him w/ another. Can't imagine who it'd be. 

Since the Kingsmoot is valid and cant be overturned I forsee Euron letting the dragons loose and dying

1 hour ago, laughing tree knight said:

Since the Kingsmoot is valid and cant be overturned I forsee Euron letting the dragons loose and dying

OOOOO. Not a bad thought either. Would open the door for Yara since I don't see how all three Greyjoy's (ignorin Damphair because the show hasn't even acknowledged his relation to them) make it through this season.

Archived