Commemorating the most pointless moments

ebourget

I'm thinking this might make a funny weekly thread for joking criticism of filler dialogue or comic relief.

For episode three I nominate Torgo Noro

• Patrol...
  • When I am going on patrol with the unsullied...
  • What we see on patrol...
  • Who we capture on patrol...

I thought this was momumentally stupid.  And then on a rewatch of Seasons two I realized my favorite character thought it was pretty dumb too.  See gif

A Man has patrol duty...

21 hours ago, ebourget said:

I'm thinking this might make a funny weekly thread for joking criticism of filler dialogue or comic relief.

For episode three I nominate Torgo Noro

• Patrol...
  • When I am going on patrol with the unsullied...
  • What we see on patrol...
  • Who we capture on patrol...

I thought this was momumentally stupid.  And then on a rewatch of Seasons two I realized my favorite character thought it was pretty dumb too.  See gif

A Man has patrol duty...

This whole discussion is less pointless than it appeared at the time. It establishes Tyrion's inability to communicate with and relate to Grey Worm and Missendei, which now seems to be a real problem. 

27 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

This whole discussion is less pointless than it appeared at the time. It establishes Tyrion's inability to communicate with and relate to Grey Worm and Missendei, which now seems to be a real problem. 

Yeah I'd read your interpretation in the criticism thread after.  But I still don't buy it.  They give us more character development for very flat secondary characters at the far end of the world than they do for the complex principal characters at the wall.  Pointless here is a relative term. We literally have 5 POV characters all together at the Wall and they just skimmed right through it.  As though it's not an opportunity for great exposition and plot development, its just for plot compression.    Then they turn around and have more dialogue talking about patrol duties and not drinking, or half a minute of pycelle hobbling across a room. etc.    

Bah, getting too serious.  I really just hoped we could highlight these silly silly moments in the show.  Because it's intentionally funny.  You don't say patrol four times in a row and claim that it's supposed to be communicating anything serious.   The idea is just to have a dialogue about which moments of plot developments we individually think are the least consequential or meaningful.   Tyrion's hardship in communicating and relating to these two did not require 2 minutes of dead air in my opinion.  

Archived