So whats the Crown plann when the Starks are reinstalled in the North?

Sir Matthis Light

8 hours ago, dbunting said:

Mostly this. They are set up for a shit storm to hit KL this season, Tyrell and FM battle with possible Lannister treachery waiting to take out which ever one wins. If you remember Dany's vision from the house in S2 she is in the throne room and it's in ruins, looks burnt. I could see all hell breaking loose, Tommen dying and Cersei losing her mind and igniting the mad Kings wildfire plot.

I agree! I do think that Tommen will die before the end of this season too! After that I think Cersei will lose it - burning some shit down and killing Pycell in the process. I also think that we're going to see the little birds kill Kevan. I could be wrong, but that's probably when we'll see Dany sail for westeros - I have a feeling that'll be the closing scene of the season. 

I don't see the Lannisters having the resources to campaign in the north for a long time to come. 

Where is the Iron Bank in all this?  We know in book and show that the Crown is in heavy debt and the Lannister's gold mines are dried up.  It seemed like the show was sticking with the Iron Bank arc but now it seems like they're in the ether.  Will the IB have its due or not?

3 hours ago, 2 Stags Short of a Dragon said:

Where is the Iron Bank in all this?  We know in book and show that the Crown is in heavy debt and the Lannister's gold mines are dried up.  It seemed like the show was sticking with the Iron Bank arc but now it seems like they're in the ether.  Will the IB have its due or not?

maybe that is why the waif was  interested in Arya's list........?

I think the real question is what will LF do if the Starks plan on staying in control of the North? He, LF last year wanted to be named warden of the North for ridding off the Boltons so that to me is more of a pertinent question than what will essentually the Crown/Kings Landing do?  What will LF do and with him, what will Sweet Robin decree be done at the advice of "UNCLE PETYRE"?

LF's supposed authority to rule Harrenhal, The Eyrie and Winterfell all come from Cerei. Once the Lannisters fall, his claims will be utterly void, hence his desire to control Sansa and Sweetrobin. I suspect he's going to overplay his hand and some to a sorry end, at the hands of Sansa.

36 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

LF's supposed authority to rule Harrenhal, The Eyrie and Winterfell all come from Cerei. Once the Lannisters fall, his claims will be utterly void, hence his desire to control Sansa and Sweetrobin. I suspect he's going to overplay his hand and some to a sorry end, at the hands of Sansa.

Yeah, Littlefinger's game is coming close to it's end IMO. I'd be surprised if he survives the season. I think they are clearing the board of players for the battle with the Others that will dominate the final 13 episodes of the series.

The crown will do nothing. They are already preoccupied with the Dornish/ ironborn and Daenerys marching on them from the south. While this is happening, I believe the Northerners will also march south on KL. The Lannisters are fucked essentially.

2 hours ago, Conchobar said:

The Lannisters are fucked essentially.

Talking of which, I'm having evil thoughts about that. I'm imagining Arya with her list and Faceless Man skills wearing the face of Jaime Lannister to assassinate Cercei. How cool would that be? :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Talking of which, I'm having evil thoughts about that. I'm imagining Arya with her list and Faceless Man skills wearing the face of Jaime Lannister to assassinate Cercei. How cool would that be? :ph34r:

That would be amazing. I wonder though, the Northerner army marching south, possibly quite weakened after BOB but also strengthened by the incorporation of all remaining/ surviving Northern houses after Jon is Warden. How will they interact with Dany's army of unsullied and Dothraki and Ironborn? They have no fucking chance.

1 hour ago, Conchobar said:

That would be amazing. I wonder though, the Northerner army marching south, possibly quite weakened after BOB but also strengthened by the incorporation of all remaining/ surviving Northern houses after Jon is Warden. How will they interact with Dany's army of unsullied and Dothraki and Ironborn? They have no fucking chance.

Exactly. I've speculated on this previously. I see Dany's barbaric hordes raping and pillaging their way up north to meet Jon's depleted forces. The forces Jon commands ARE a match, though. I daren't tell you how, but you can do a search of my posts over this week ^_^

Pretty sure the crown as we know it will no longer exist, and no longer have any power to do anything about the Starks in the North.  My guess is that Dany and her forces will come next season to take over and find no resistance...only to realize that there's a an army of undead headed their way.

22 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Exactly. I've speculated on this previously. I see Dany's barbaric hordes raping and pillaging their way up north to meet Jon's depleted forces. The forces Jon commands ARE a match, though. I daren't tell you how, but you can do a search of my posts over this week ^_^

I'm curious about this, where did you discuss it?

6 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Yes, when Tommen carks, there's simply no credible living heir to the throne. The ultimate power vacuum.

Cercei to burn KL and be assassinated by no one in episode 10, with the final scene being Dany flying over the flames on Drogon.

What about the Volanquar (sp?) killing Cersei, as per Maggy The Frog's prophecy? Or did they skip that part in the sexy TV Maggy cameo? (I forget)

Actually....

Spoiler

I've always thought the prophecy was purposely vague to make everyone assume Tyrion is going to be the one to kill Cersei, but Jaime could also technically be Cersei's little brother if Cersei was the first out of the womb when they were born. So, if Arya is in the Riverlands for the Frey wedding, and Jaime is also there....... Well, think about it.

Let's just say Jaime might end up impersonating Nicolas Cage and John Travolta.

The only way we have a Jon vs Dany confrontation if Jon allies with the others. Otherwise, the South will have it's war(s), the North its war(s) and Jon and Dany will team up to defeat once and for all the Others. Cersei will be fighting for the survival of KL, and not have the time to think about the North.

Archived