(Spoilers) Maisie & Sophie tell 2 truths & 1 lie about S6

a black swan

Maisie's no. 2 sounds too thought out to not be true.

Sophie's syntax takes a stumble in no. 2.  Lady Stoneheart RETURNS.  She's never appeared in the first place.  We know that what Sophie is saying is Catelyn RETURNS.  But it's not Catelyn, it's Lady Stonheart, so it would really be Lady Stoneheart APPEARS.  She's mixing two sentences in one, which occurs a lot in lies.  The stumble in her syntax (along with a bazillion other things) leads me to believe that LSH will not return/appear.

41 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

That's the obvious thing. And I think it's the most likely. But I don't see the point in making statements so obvious. I'd prefer (and I ithink they would shock us more) if LSH was true and/or Arya isn't in the trailer

But in that case, Michelle Fairley would be in the Season 6's cast, isn't she? (I don't know if she was spotted on the set)

9 minutes ago, Mister Stoneheart said:

Maisie's no. 2 sounds too thought out to not be true.

Sophie's syntax takes a stumble in no. 2.  Lady Stoneheart RETURNS.  She's never appeared in the first place.  We know that what Sophie is saying is Catelyn RETURNS.  But it's not Catelyn, it's Lady Stonheart, so it would really be Lady Stoneheart APPEARS.  She's mixing two sentences in one, which occurs a lot in lies.  The stumble in her syntax (along with a bazillion other things) leads me to believe that LSH will not return/appear.

I'm aware of that too! that's why I though it was fake. However, she might have mixed Cat and LSH without wanting it.

7 minutes ago, josekk said:

But in that case, Michelle Fairley would be in the Season 6's cast, isn't she? (I don't know if she was spotted on the set)

no!!!!! because it would be the big secret of the season!

3 hours ago, Tianzi said:

No, but I can totally see playing it off like Arya 'standing up for herself' or something.

The Waif will be given orders to kill Arya when she refuses to complete her first assignment. "Standing up for herself" in this case would be not dying. Or would it be less cheesy if she did?

7 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

'Will'? Are you familiar with the future plot?

I saw it just as a scenario where Arya simply gets back at the Waif by murdering her for bullying.

..that would be.. if spoilers are true.. wouldn't make sense with book FM ethics, but , hey.. that would be nothing unusual..

42 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

'Will'? Are you familiar with the future plot?

I saw it just as a scenario where Arya simply gets back at the Waif by murdering her for bullying.

It's likely you're "cheesy" scenario is wrong. Especially considering the fact that Arya has put up with more than just "bullying" and hasn't killed the waif or the KM. She is given a chance to prove herself and from everything we know from bts filming, Arya & the Waif come into conflict.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see it play out. Ignoring all the spoilers and insiders.

Either way, I'm gonna love it! 

8 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

It's likely you're "cheesy" scenario is wrong. Especially considering the fact that Arya has put up with more than just "bullying" and hasn't killed the waif or the KM. She is given a chance to prove herself and from everything we know from bts filming, Arya & the Waif come into conflict.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see it play out. Ignoring all the spoilers and insiders.

Either way, I'm gonna love it! 

Well, I didn't see any spoilers (as in: not yet aired content) and from what I know it should be hidden when posted on the forum.

And my scenario was just a guess, based on the tone of some events they've alredy shown, so there is no point in arguing over it. I just see it as a possibility.

Just some thoughts, totally random. (This thread appears to be very thought-provoking.) Maybe Maisie's "1" is not true and Arya will never return to Westeros this season? and all her assassin assignments (if any) will be only in Essos? Yes, the FM make deals with Westerosi too (they are just too expensive even for the pre-war Small Council, remember this talk about Dany during the first book/season?..). But there definitely are some important people in Essos who could be killed by the FM. Probably not by Arya, though. She doesn't know Essos, she knows Braavos (to some extent), speaks some Braavosi and that's all. It's more reasonable to use her knowledge of Westeros, her ability to blend among common folk there etc. Would the FM tell her (order her) to kill Walder Frey and if so, by whose request, who would pay for it? I'm beginning to suppose that there might be someone closer, some target this side of the Narrow Sea. And maybe she leaves the FM (the House of B and W) before any assignments. But it doesn't seem possible. All these lessons just in vain? Last season she already disobeyed the order to kill "the thin man" and killed Meryn Trant instead. Yes, she was punished. But I have a feeling that Jaqen and Co., with their elaborate rituals concerning the Many-Faced God, even respect her "little list". Now they're trying to use it. Why? Because for them it seems appropriate to order her to kill somebody who is already on the list? Or because they realize that Arya's lethal wishes do come true? so the Many-Faced God somehow favors her? I agree with the majority here: if it must be a person from her "short list" it would be Walder Frey (but we'll need additional reasons + all the logistics of travel from Braavos to the Twins). But if the FM can make her add anybody to her list then it could be, well, almost anyone? No, no, if not old Frey, it should be some name she had "forgotten". (And yes, it's possible that she'll check off three names this season. During 6 episodes? Maybe. In season 6 we have 3 or more fresh corpses per episode by now.)

Of course both Sophie's and Maisie's statements about Arya's list could be untrue. The showrunners / writers have lots of latitude (and often take more than I would like).. There's no guarantee that Arya's list is down to three (except for the hinted addition of the Waif ). It's changed before for various ... reasons.

If spoilers are true,

Spoiler

I can imagine that Arya could kill the Waif in self defense, then escape with the theatre troupe, if they decide to travel to Westeros. (Logical, if one of their members has been targeted.) Perhaps they will be hired to entertain at whatever big event Walder Frey appears at. (Presenting another opportunity?).. Or her escape could involve something else entirely...

But unless I'm mistaken, the theatre troupe appear in 2 episodes (IIRC - interview with Essie Davis) so I suspect they may really feature in Arya's return.

I'm struggling with Sophie's list...I'm sure Lady Stoneheart is the lie because a) surely they wouldn't spoil something that huge and B) the syntax of that whole sentence is weird (returns, she's never arrived in the first place!) BUT I don't want the third one to be true because, unless she adds more names to her list, the only one I want her to kill is Walder Frey. If she kills any more big names in one season it would seem seriously overdone. Surely she can't kill the Mountain or Cersei? I suppose she could kill Illyn Payne. I don't want her to kill Beric (assuming he's still alive) or Thoros because they're technically "good" characters.

Just now, HashRouge said:

I'm struggling with Sophie's list...I'm sure Lady Stoneheart is the lie because a) surely they wouldn't spoil something that huge and B) the syntax of that whole sentence is weird (returns, she's never arrived in the first place!) BUT I don't want the third one to be true because, unless she adds more names to her list, the only one I want her to kill is Walder Frey. If she kills any more big names in one season it would seem seriously overdone. Surely she can't kill the Mountain or Cersei? I suppose she could kill Illyn Payne. I don't want her to kill Beric (assuming he's still alive) or Thoros because they're technically "good" characters.

She can cross all of them if another person kills them, too, so I think it's possible

And LSH could be a spoiler or not, because almost everyone thinks t's not certain

Archived