(Spoilers) Maisie & Sophie tell 2 truths & 1 lie about S6

a black swan

5 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

I was actually messing.  Those that claim that the events of Trant in the show isn't Arya are clearly wrong.  As are those trying to claim her violence on the TV show came from nowhere.  They are merely trying to beat the show with a stick to fuel their agendas.

I'd say that TV show Arya is the closest adaptation of a major book character out of all of them, other than the fact TV show Arya is obviously older and not as attractive as book Arya.

No one claimed that.  The claim related to the stupidity of the probable murder of Bobcut by Arya for being mean to her...and a complaint that turning Trant into a crazy sadistic pedophile in order to justify Arya gouging out his eyes was a bit much.  

1 minute ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

And they continue to make the show relevant my doing so lol. By continuing to talk about something they don't like keeps the show talked about, alive and thriving.

I think most people don't give a toss either way.  They watch the show because they like the show.  That's what so many fervent book readers just don't get.  Most people don't go into depth over the books, let alone the TV show.  The vast majority of readers/watchers just enjoy the ride and don't analyse the books in such great detail.

What I still don't get is why people who hate the show seem to know what's happening in the show.  If I hate a show, I don't watch it.  It's a waste of my life.  And then to come onto a forum and waste yet more time by discussing a hated show?  I just don't get that either!  Life's too short to waste on things you hate IMO.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

No one claimed that.  The claim related to the stupidity of the probable murder of Bobcut by Arya for being mean to her...and a complaint that turning Trant into a crazy sadistic pedophile in order to justify Arya gouging out his eyes was a bit much.  

So people are getting riled up about something that hasn't actually happened yet?  And surely it isn't murder if she's assigned the task?

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Cat fight.  LOL.

I've ranted about this numerous times, but despite keeping sort of to her book story, they really did nothing at all interesting w/Arya for now 1.5 seasons. I would MUCH have preferred Tom W., in a non bathrobe costume, and Arya to have more on screen time together, something closer to what they did w/Arya and Tywin...if the show wanted they could have used those scenes to communicate all kinds of info. on Essos and Westeros...and they might have created a better version of the 'lying game' than the stupid AS FUCK version we got..which makes no sense.  I don't believe show only viewers have any clue what the purpose of the stick beating is...except they beat her when she lies...but um, yeah, beating doesn't improve lying skills...and the girl who plays Bobcut, I'm sure could act up a storm if somebody gave her some decent lines and a characterization.  The stupid it hurts me.

This probably belongs on the rant thread, but it was the indulgent "let's show off Charles Dance" scenes that truncated the Arya / Jaqen interactions so viciously...

12 minutes ago, bemused said:

Last year, I wondered why the Waif was being portrayed as being so resentful of Arya..

Yep, she's Arya's Myranda, lol.

Arya being violent was not especially out of character IMO, but

• the brutality in the Trant scene was just ridiculous, it looked like they tried to make her scarier than the Mountain :D
  • shouldn't she learn to be a little more discreetly efficient since she's become a ninja?

Just now, Ser Gareth said:

So people are getting riled up about something that hasn't actually happened yet?  And surely it isn't murder if she's assigned the task?

Where you been?  LOL.

She won't be assigned to kill Bobcut.  She will do it probably, if she does it, because Bobcut has been assigned to kill her for not following the rules again.

3 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

I think most people don't give a toss either way.  They watch the show because they like the show.  That's what so many fervent book readers just don't get.  Most people don't go into depth over the books, let alone the TV show.  The vast majority of readers/watchers just enjoy the ride and don't analyse the books in such great detail.

What I still don't get is why people who hate the show seem to know what's happening in the show.  If I hate a show, I don't watch it.  It's a waste of my life.  And then to come onto a forum and waste yet more time by discussing a hated show?  I just don't get that either!  Life's too short to waste on things you hate IMO.

There's someone who literally sits in the rant and rave thread and posts all day. It's just so bizarre anf sad.

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I don't think the excessive overkill is what is wrong in that scene. My issue is that they made Tranta sadistic paedo so that the killing is justified. Because that's what the show does, like Tyrion killing Shae in self-defense. 

Visual medium you have to spell things out to the viewers as you don't get the internal thoughts of the character.  The average TV viewer isn't going to remember why Arya wants to kill Trant or that Trant is Cersei's catspaw.  So the TV show has to ensure the viewer realises that Arya is going to kill a bad man.

I agree that they've made Tyrion to congenial.  Whilst I realise that book Tyrion would make a dreadful TV Tyrion, I do feel they could have made a better compromise.

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Where you been?  LOL.

She won't be assigned to kill Bobcut.  She will do it probably, if she does it, because Bobcut has been assigned to kill her for not following the rules again.

Wow, so people are getting themselves into a lather over speculation.  That's even sadder than people who hate the show and yet still watch it and feel compelled to try and convince people who are enjoying the show to hate it....

Just now, Ser Gareth said:

Wow, so people are getting themselves into a lather over speculation.  That's even sadder than people who hate the show and yet still watch it and feel compelled to try and convince people who are enjoying the show to hate it....

LMAO.  People have been arguing and speculating about the books for DECADES.  What's the problem?  What's the difference?  If you aren't interesting in speculating and discussing the show or the books, I trust nobody is forcing you.

2 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

Visual medium you have to spell things out to the viewers as you don't get the internal thoughts of the character.  The average TV viewer isn't going to remember why Arya wants to kill Trant or that Trant is Cersei's catspaw.  So the TV show has to ensure the viewer realises that Arya is going to kill a bad man.

AFAIR they reminded it in the \previously in GoT...' section, and Meryn was hanging in KL quite a bit, maybe he is not the most memorable guy around, but still... Come on, they even used Benjen (S1) name to lure Jon. That pedo stunt was just childish.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

LMAO.  People have been arguing and speculating about the books for DECADES.  What's the problem?  What's the difference?  If you aren't interesting in speculating and discussing the show or the books, I trust nobody is forcing you.

Speculating is one thing but getting angry over it bemuses me.

It's like a sports fan thinking their team isn't going to win their next match and so getting so angry about it that they stop supporting that sports team before the match has even been played.

1 minute ago, Ser Gareth said:

I agree that they've made Tyrion to congenial.  Whilst I realise that book Tyrion would make a dreadful TV Tyrion, I do feel they could have made a better compromise.

Only if the average viewer has the attention span of a cucumber, sorry. First, they have the "previously on" they can use. Just a short clip of Trant and Syrio and Arya. Then, Trant is a KG, how can people NOT know he works for Cersei? And third, there's a scene where Cersei says to Mace that ser Trant will go to Braavos with you. And Trant had lots of screen time in KL previously, since he was the one always beating Sansa. LOL

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

Only if the average viewer has the attention span of a cucumber, sorry. First, they have the "previously on" they can use. Just a short clip of Trant and Syrio and Arya. Then, Trant is a KG, how can people NOT know he works for Cersei? And third, there's a scene where Cersei says to Mace that ser Trant will go to Braavos with you. And Trant had lots of screen time in KL previously, since he was the one always beating Sansa. LOL

The average viewer does have the attention span of a cucumber.  It's an entertainment show.  Not something to be philosophised over.  And most average viewers do what I do when the "last time on this show" segment comes on.  Quickly get yourself ready for the show, e.g. get that drink, go for a piss etc.

Honest Trailers got it right about the minor characters.  Most people can't remember them at all, let alone what their names are or what they got up to in an episode 3 years ago.

3 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

The average viewer does have the attention span of a cucumber.  It's an entertainment show.  Not something to be philosophised over.  And most average viewers do what I do when the "last time on this show" segment comes on.  Quickly get yourself ready for the show, e.g. get that drink, go for a piss etc.

Honest Trailers got it right about the minor characters.  Most people can't remember them at all, let alone what their names are or what they got up to in an episode 3 years ago.

Well then I suggest the villains just wear plastic horns and devil masks, it'll save time for recognizing the bad men.

Just now, Tianzi said:

Well then I suggest the villains just wear plastic horns and devil masks, it'll save time for recognizing the bad men.

Easier than that.  I suggest the book readers who despise the show simply don't watch it so they don't get angry about it.  And leave those that enjoy the show to it and stop trying to buzz kill their enjoyment all the time by nit picking.

2 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

Easier than that.  I suggest the book readers who despise the show simply don't watch it so they don't get angry about it.  And leave those that enjoy the show to it and stop trying to buzz kill their enjoyment all the time by nit picking.

It's not nit picking. I understand that the show has to simplify, I just dislike when they do that to idiotic degrees and the big bad pedo Meryn is an example of that. I guess my idea of entertainment is just different than yours.

And if you have problem with people having different opinions, I suggest you follow your logic: just don't get into discussions with those people and don't get angry about it.

Archived