Who kills Faegon? (Besides Drogon)

On 5/20/2016 at 3:19 AM, JonisHenryTudor said:

With what boredom as she reads her titles? :cheers:

I can't see her killing him, perhaps ordering, but actually killing? 

Exactly, lol. She gives the commands... but the only person she's actually killed herself is a vegetable with a pillow.

On 5/19/2016 at 9:37 AM, Mystrandir said:

Ser Robert Strong bashes his brains out against a wall.

:lmao:

I want Aegon to be real, but I think I am very alone in that hope.

In my head, Aegon and Dany are half siblings, not aunt and nephew. Being Targaryans, they might decide to get married and try to claim the throne together. I hope they fail, I am not a big fan of Targaryans, and I feel Westeros will be better of without them. But maybe they can go to Dorne and find a house with a red door..

On 21/05/2016 at 2:12 AM, Good Guy Garlan said:

This might be too fairytale for Martin, but if Aegon is based on famous pretender Lambert Simnel (whose protector was also called John) then maybe he'll share Simnel's fate and end up working as a spit boy in the royal kitchens after being pardoned by whoever's in charge. 

This could be foreshadowed when what's his face Flowers takes Aegon to introduce him to the rest of the Company and says something like, "We'll go and meet the cooks first. Good folk to know."

Nice. I had Perkin Warbeck floating around my head.  Whether he's real or a pretender, I don't think he's going to greeted with open arms.

if Dany thinks he's a fake and kills him, and then finds he's real.... or superb irony, Jon Snow takes him out.  Targaryen kinslaying is kind of a tradition.

On 5/19/2016 at 10:37 AM, Mystrandir said:

Ser Robert Strong bashes his brains out against a wall.

^ Yes.

The Humpty-Dumpty imagery is very strong with "Egg," and there are constant references to baby Aegon having his brains bashed against a wall. My guess is that we will see him at The Wall, fighting the Others, and he will be knocked off to his death. All the king's horses and all the king's men won't be able to put him together again.

Part of me wants to believe that the fAegon on the Shy Maid is real: in the reader's first glimpse of him, he is waving a floppy straw hat. That detail is associated with Aegon of the Dunk & Egg stories, and it seemed like the author telling us that this Aegon is real.

On the other hand, I have a sneaking suspicion that Tywin may have taken Rhaegar and Elia's baby Aegon and hidden him away. The whole substitution plot by Varys was too late, so the fAegon on the Shy Maid is the first infant substituted (by Clegane and Tywin) for the real royal baby, and Jon Connington was conned. We may or may not have seen the real Aegon at this point in the books.

If Gregor Clegane didn't kill the baby Aegon, it might be some other entity that will be responsible for pushing fAegon off the Wall. Part of my thinking for Gregor's "innocence" in this is that he won the trial by combat with Oberyn - even though the trial was officially about whether Tyrion killed Joffrey, Oberyn makes it clear that he is fighting because he feels the Mountain is guilty of killing Aegon and Elia. (Rhaenys was killed by Ser Amory Lorch.) Even when he confesses to the crime, the Mountain is still following Tywin's orders, keeping the secret about the baby being spared.

My supporting (although circumstantial and symbolic) evidence is that Sandor Clegane also won his trial by combat regarding the death of Mycah, the butcher's boy. That death takes place "off stage," so we have only the Hound's confession and a bag of bones given to the butcher to tell us that the death occurred as described. The exoneration of the Hound in his trial is significant, I think, as well as Arya's later decision to leave him alive even though he has been on her revenge list all along.

Sorry. One thing always leads to another. The OP raises an important question with broad implications.

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 4:19 AM, JonisHenryTudor said:

With what boredom as she reads her titles? :cheers:

I can't see her killing him, perhaps ordering, but actually killing? 

Dany never reads her titles. She has someone else do it. So basically Missandei will kill Aegon.

Dany is the obvious candidate, but I can think of a couple of others -

Barristan Selmy, he's already killed the last Blackfyre from the male line, with Aegon he might wipe out the female line too

Gendry.  Slightly odd choice, and I have no idea quite how Aegon might get to the Riverlands or the Vale for this to work but bear with me.  Aegon somehow meets Sansa and decides to take her back to King's Landing, the Brotherhood get wind of this and Gendry, hearing that Aegon has abducted the missing Stark daughter, rushes in to save who he thinks is Arya resulting in a fight between a bastard who has no idea he's a Baratheon against a man who thinks he's a Targaryen but who is quite probably from the bastard Blackfyre dynasty over a Stark girl who has been pretending to be a bastard.  It's ASOIAF meets Sunset Beach.

Sorry to spoil the killing party but Aegon will live. Jon - his half brother or himself will put a sword through Dany's chest - she will become a crazy antagonist. Song of Ice and Fire can be easily interpreted as  a joint effort of Aegon( Fire) & Jon (Ice) wielding Longclaw and Blackfyre ( which will show up at some point soon). They will fight The Others together as brothers and will ride Rhaegal and Viserion. Dany and Drogon will have to die. 

Archived