High Sparrow and Tommen - he closed that book

I'm a GOT novice, I didn't read the books.  Please, excuse me if my question is naïve.  Before the High Sparrow started talking with Tommen he turned around and closed a book.  What is that book?  What page was he on and why did the director spend time on that?  What is the significance?

I've searched and searched and I have not been able to find anyone talking about this subject, so, I had to make a post.

Maybe it's the Book of the Stranger itself?

High Sparrow seems to be getting inspiration for his mind games from it, as seen in the conversation with Margaery who quoted it right back at him. 

P.S. This scene is not (yet?) in the books, so we just have to guess.

1 minute ago, LifeRuiner said:

Maybe it's the Book of the Stranger itself?

High Sparrow seems to be getting inspiration for his mind games from it, as seen in the conversation with Margaery who quoted it right back at him. 

P.S. This scene is not (yet?) in the books, so we just have to guess.

This is actually a pretty decent interpretation of that scene. 

It looks like it was some sort of religious literature that he's been drawing from. 

As LifeRuiner has said, this hasn't happened in the books (yet?) so we aren't really sure - but it's not a bad guess. 

I think it was the same book that Jon Ayrrn and later Ned Stark sought from Pycelle about lines and lineages...i think HS knows about Cersei's real sin and will turn TomTom against his Mommy...Cersei will somehow cause her son's death.....I think so because of her about to poison him while sitting on the IT before Tywin rode in to the rescue.  This is why Jaime will kill her, not Tyrion. 

That book about the lineages was very large and was kept at the red keep (pycel if I recall gave it to Ned when he asked for it). Any screen shots to compare the books? I think it was the 7 pointed star book he was reading, the section book of the stranger. 

Archived