Links in the Bran Re-Read

Illuminated by Fire

Hello,

since the forum overhaul the internal links in the table of contents of both threads if the Bran re-read are broken and lead to the main forum page now. The second thread is still open and MoIaF could fix these if she comes back from her inactivity, but the first one is archived and I do not think that there is a way for the author to edit the thread now. Is it possible to fix the internal links, at least in the first thread? It would make it much easier to refer to the re-read.

Links to the threads:

First one:

Second one:

Ugh.  I added some stuff to rewrite the old-style URLs into the new ones, but it doesn't work on those because those links contain a both a query path and a query string, not one or the other, and the logic is trying to switch between the two.  A simple rewrite of the other form wouldn't work..  I can try to rewrite the old-URL-handler logic to handle those.

Basically, instead of the ?p=<postID> on the end of the path, if we're rewriting to the method nginx uses, it needs to turn into a &do=findComment&comment=<postID> on the end, if it's using the ?/ portion at the beginning.

(Alternatively, just switching back to lighttpd would allow us to use both formats, and I'm seriously considering that at this point.)

Either way, I'll try to come up with a fix for that URL format later.

Archived