"Fair Game: The critical universe around Game of Thrones".

JonCon's Red Beard

I reported the previous thread to be locked bc, without a certain date, we started going around circles. But now, a date is announced. Friday 20th. That's tomorrow (or today in a few hours, depending where are you).

The official site of the project is here: http://www.internetremembers.com/

FINALLY!

There is a separate movie somewhere inside everything that happened to this production during the last couple of weeks. One day, I might make that movie too: but I'm definitely not going to announce its release date!

Fair Game was struck by one bad luck after another, literally - to the point where certain parts had to be shot again. At long last, all that is behind now, the footage is complete, and the final preparations for the release are under way.

Of course, I owe yet another apology to everyone who trusted my previous announcements. However, that apology probably wouldn't be of use to anybody at this moment. I'll save it for Friday, May 20th, when Fair Game is finally going to be released, and everything (apology included) will make more sense.

Sincerely,

Miodrag Zarković

The video will be released in vimeo, with the cost of $1. As soon as the link is on, I'll post it.

Let's try to keep the thread ON TOPIC. This is not a place to discuss whether the show is better than the books, unless this is a topic discussed in the documentary. I hope we all are smart enough to know the difference.

WHO WOULD SAY?!

Before you - justifiably - say anything, please allow me to explain: the documentary is complete, but because of a minor administrative obstacle it cannot be uploaded until tomorrow, Saturday May 21st, 7 PM EST.

Any update will be posted here. I can only hope that the resource of bad new is finally exhausted, and that the next info we're going to post here will be the link to Fair Game.

In the meantime, the site is now open for your comments. The rules are simple: any opinion is welcome, but insults are forbidden and will be removed (unless it's about the release dates - on that subject, I probably lost every right to demand anything at least a week ago).

Best regards,

Miodrag Zarković

4 hours ago, Maid So Fair said:

I have a feeling that if you have to pay for this, not many people will watch it. In this case myself included. 

Dont worry about paying for anything...

These has been so many false release dates, I doubt there is anything there at all...

and yes,,,count me in on the pass line if I have to pay for it....that's just silly.

G.

1 hour ago, The Great and Mighty Poo said:

Wait people won't watch it because it's a dollar? I have no idea what it's even about but I'll probably watch it. 

You're paying to watch people complain about a television show because it doesn't live up to the books they worshipped for 20 years. So basically it's an internet message board in video form.

There are many reasons why people can't pay for something online, even the lack of a credit card (my is a virtual credit card, and to use paypal, I have to pay a few of $17, fucking robbers!!). Either way, $1 is not much as a fee but a small donation: remember this project is pretty much personal. Mostly projects are somehow funded to be done (ToJ was entirely founded by ASOIAF fans). I really don't see the problem. It's not like he's asking for $10, and I've seen kickstarting projects and donations asking for such. (I tried to make a paypal donation to some charity and the minimal was $10 that I didn't have atm).

12 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I'm willing to bet two whole dollars that if I watched this I won't find a single point in it that hasn't been made in the rant and rave threads. Any takers?

I'll take that bet!!!  But it means you have to write down every point and then scroll through the hundreds of pages of R&R to find the corresponding point.  For two dollars! :D

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Has this still not been released yet? It seems GRRM is producing it.

For anyone with a genuine interest in watching, lets hope d$d don't get anywhere near it.

On 5/23/2016 at 10:53 PM, lancerman said:

I'm willing to bet two whole dollars that if I watched this I won't find a single point in it that hasn't been made in the rant and rave threads. Any takers?

Given that the R&R threads have addressed points from the biggest elephants to the tiniest of germs, I would find it odd if his "points" aren't somehow related to something in the R&R thread, since with thousands of posts, we've hit on a whole lot of things.

32 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Given that the R&R threads have addressed points from the biggest elephants to the tiniest of germs, I would find it odd if his "points" aren't somehow related to something in the R&R thread, since with thousands of posts, we've hit on a whole lot of things.

Bingo, my friend.

On 5/23/2016 at 9:53 PM, lancerman said:

I realize you bring this up with a negative intent, but it is a true and valid point that just supports the issue being tackled in this film. There are thousands upon thousands of complaints criticizing the show, but the media and the masses still bury their heads in the sand to it. So thanks for pointing that out.

Seeing as how i thought the last episode was one of the worst I've seen, but most people, including all my friends and everyone on social media seemed to love it, i think that just highlights that people have different expectations and ways of enjoying the show. If it's not the show you want it to be it can annoy you.

But most people don't have that expectation. 

I doubt the doc will be able to grasp that, instead turning to some insane conspiracy theory  about the banks! Lol 

10 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Seeing as how i thought the last episode was one of the worst I've seen, but most people, including all my friends and everyone on social media seemed to love it, i think that just highlights that people have different expectations and ways of enjoying the show. If it's not the show you want it to be it can annoy you.

But most people don't have that expectation. 

I doubt the doc will be able to grasp that, instead turning to some insane conspiracy theory  about the banks! Lol 

I'm starting to suspect some sort of crowd theory or peer perception theory may be responsible. I think the show started off so strong and built up such a cult following as well as a popular following that was well deserved. Because  it was so amazingly good that once people decided that they really like this show based on the fantasy genre and they started talking to their friends and started to identify with each other as fans that people are hesitant  to now put their hands up and say that they do not enjoy it as much  anymore because they do not want to be the odd man out! I went through a period like this, I was fascinated by the show and was so impressed by it that I wanted to keep on enjoying it and I tried to ignore things that were bothering me and continued to talk it up and concentrate on the positives. Unfortunately for me I had so many problems with season 5 that I could no longer bring my self to defend it or praise it and to my horror I feel things have continued to deteriorate in season 6. This experience has caused me to carefully anticipate the fair game documentary because I am anxious to see if there are others out there have experienced a similar history with the show as I have and I'm a little excited because all the mainstream media coverage and reviews I see are still so gushing in their praise of and support for GoT causing me to feel a little perplexed about my feelings in relation to its recent content. It can be hard to be critical of GoT when everybody else you see is still raving on about how brilliant it is and how everybody they know also loves it!:(

Archived