Official Synopsis Released

GeorgeIAF

I also heard a rumour around the net that in this episode we will see young Ned in a vision with the Tourney of Harrenhall, but i think that's just fan-wishing at best, i don't think we'll get young Ned until the TOJ reveal in the last episode.

11 hours ago, Foodini said:

Has to be Coldhands saving Bran right? Perhaps it is Benjen and D&D skipped him until Season 6 in hopes that george would be able to reveal it in time.

George has confirmed that Coldhands it's not Benjen.

On 22/5/2016 at 3:50 PM, Protector of Stokeworth said:

Old foe could mean "not on screen for quite some time". One could suspect Sandor Clegane, particularly as we know of the upcoming episode called "the broken man"

I'm also inclined towards this conclusion. We know that Jaime and the Tyrell army are going to confront the High Sparrow at the Sept of Baelor, and perhaps the stalemate will be resolved by the duel of Cleganes.

30 minutes ago, Saiyan said:

I don't know what's the point of Sam's storyline with his family.

None. Just more screen time given to unimportant characters when you can clearly see D and D are struggling to fit everyhting and give it all the required time it takes to properly tell the story. They're like Greyworm and Missandei. Or Dorne with the way it was botched.

Nobody cares at this time now about Randall Tarly. Too late. Same with Euron. Although Euron might still have a point, although he'll turn into Quentyn of the show I think,

The Direwolves have more point to them than Sam and Gilly as well. Plus they're more interesting. Just kill the Tarlys.

2 hours ago, SevasTra82 said:

I heard a rumor that the entire sept is going to be burned with wildfire by Jaime and Cersei, killing the high sparrow, the Tyrells etc.

Not sure if there is any truth to this, though.

Probably true.  KL and everyone in it is pretty much superfluous to the (TV) plot now.

Benjen's definitely in this episode: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1152798/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t18

I'm guessing he's the one who saves Bran and Meera. I don't think there's really any other options, quite honestly. 

I'm not convinced Sam meeting his family is going to amount to much. Maybe being battle-hardened will impress Randyl?

12 minutes ago, Sir Drew said:

Benjen's definitely in this episode: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1152798/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t18

I'm guessing he's the one who saves Bran and Meera. I don't think there's really any other options, quite honestly. 

I'm not convinced Sam meeting his family is going to amount to much. Maybe being battle-hardened will impress Randyl?

Agree about Benjen, and agree what you say about Sam here.

However, I think Sam's an absolutely key character. He's the one who will work out how to defeat the WWs, and he holds the Horn of Jorumun.

A lot of fans say GRRM sees himself in Tyrion - I disagree; I think he sees himself in Sam. Compare their physiques and add a maester's beard onto Sam. They're both obsessed with books, prehistoric myths and are exceptional scholars. Sam will turn out to be the Samwell Gamgee of ASOIAF/GOT, the understated real hero of the piece.

7 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Agree about Benjen, and agree what you say about Sam here.

However, I think Sam's an absolutely key character. He's the one who will work out how to defeat the WWs, and he holds the Horn of Jorumun.

A lot of fans say GRRM sees himself in Tyrion - I disagree; I think he sees himself in Sam. Compare their physiques and add a maester's beard onto Sam. They're both obsessed with books, prehistoric myths and are exceptional scholars. Sam will turn out to be the Samwell Gamgee of ASOIAF/GOT, the understated real hero of the piece.

I'm pretty sure i saw an interview with GRRM years ago were he said he was Sam in the books.

1 hour ago, of man and wolf said:

None. Just more screen time given to unimportant characters when you can clearly see D and D are struggling to fit everyhting and give it all the required time it takes to properly tell the story. They're like Greyworm and Missandei. Or Dorne with the way it was botched.

Nobody cares at this time now about Randall Tarly. Too late. Same with Euron. Although Euron might still have a point, although he'll turn into Quentyn of the show I think,

The Direwolves have more point to them than Sam and Gilly as well. Plus they're more interesting. Just kill the Tarlys.

Sam will have a plot once he goes to Oldtown. 

11 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

Oh cool. Any chance you could find it? ^_^

I honestly wouldn't know where to look it was years ago (possibly five years) when i watched it. It's always stuck in my mind though as the interviewer asked something along the lines of do you see yourself in any of your characters in the book. GRRM then went on to describe himself as Sam as they're both cowards and he likened himself in other ways. It's always stuck in my mind as the way GRRM talked about Sam made it out that he most definitely has a important role to play.

2 minutes ago, Challenger1978 said:

I honestly wouldn't know where to look it was years ago (possibly five years) when i watched it. It's always stuck in my mind though as the interviewer asked something along the lines of do you see yourself in any of your characters in the book. GRRM then went on to describe himself as Sam as they're both cowards and he likened himself in other ways. It's always stuck in my mind as the way GRRM talked about Sam made it out that he most definitely has a important role to play.

Maybe here?

52 minutes ago, Sir Drew said:

How is he gonna fend off an army of wights chasing them???

2 hours ago, Sir Drew said:

Wow, I didn't know IMDB confirmed he was back.  Probably the guy from the original trailer with the swinging fireball morningstar weapon.  

More family reunions in Blood of my Blood.  

11 minutes ago, Rob Storm said:

Wow, I didn't know IMDB confirmed he was back.  Probably the guy from the original trailer with the swinging fireball morningstar weapon.  

More family reunions in Blood of my Blood.  

Also...IMDB also said he was returning last season, and has also had Lady Stoneheart on there multiple times so far. Thought it's likely he's the one in the trailer with the flaming weapon...IMDB confirms nothing.

Archived