Petition to name dwarf planet after R'hllor

amorphose

This is my first post on these forums, but I've been a fan of ASOIAF and GOT for a few years now! Forgive me if I'm not posting this in the right area, but I couldn't decide which place would be the most appropriate. haha

So anyway, I just wanted to share this petition I made on Change.org a couple of months ago! There's a dwarf planet currently called 2007 OR10 in our outer solar system and it is the largest unnamed object out there. It's been described as being one of the reddest objects that we've discovered in the solar system yet, so I think R'hllor would be a great name for it. The only rule when it comes to naming a planet is that the name must be of a mythological deity. While R'hllor is a fictional deity, fictional deities have been used before to name dwarf planets! There's one named after a Tolkien deity called Varda.

At the time I'm posting this, there are 149 signatures on the petition and it's trending under astronomy. Please check it out and consider signing if you think R'hllor is a good name for 2007 OR10 and you think it would be a cool way to honor George R.R. Martin, who also really loves outer space and science fiction!

https://www.change.org/p/mike-brown-name-the-dwarf-planet-2007-or10-r-hllor-the-red-god-of-game-of-thrones-lore?recruiter=76787883&utm_source=petitions_show_components_action_panel_wrapper&utm_medium=copylink

6 minutes ago, R'hllors Red Lobster said:

You forgot the Red Lobster part.

But hell, that's pretty cool. Consider me signed (i'll just assume you will correct this minor oversize in the near future)

Dude, you totally merit a full-sized planet.

Archived