"the Door", the Others and Tolkien

EternET

Hello everybody,

I think I'm getting an hype craze over this :

So episode 5 preview got us all pumped and wet because Bran is having the vision where the NK sees himand grabs him. So we are all drooling to finally discover things about the WWs.

In the same time , everybody is speculating : "but what is this door the title refers to ?". yeah "THE door" wth, right ?

And I was reading about Dagor Dagorath, and how does it begins ?

...Morgoth (the source and personification of evil in Tolkien's Middle-earth universe) will discover how to break the Door of Night, and will destroy the Sun and the Moon.

Oh ok, Door of night , big deal... Well there are many things linked in symbolism, the "gates of the Morning", you know, fun stuff.

About the World are the Ilurambar, or Walls of the World. They are as ice and glass and steel, being above all the imagination of the Children of Earth cold, transparent, and hard. They cannot be seen, nor can they be passed, save by the Door of Night.

Oh ok there's ice in it.

Ok,ok, no big deal, we know George took a big inspiration from Tolkien in asoiaf, but there's really no reason at all to suspect something REAL BAD is locked behind something, right ?...RIGHT ?

North and north and north he looked, to the curtain of light at the end of the world, and then beyond that curtain. He looked deep into the heart of winter, and then he cried out, afraid, and the heat of his tears burned on his cheeks.

aGoT, Bran III

Ok, on my Tinfoil captain hat !!!

So "The Door" refers to a door at the "curtain of light" that might prevent something "banished" deep in the heart of winter , it's so terrifying Bran cries, and the heat of his tears burn his cheeks (it's so cold it burns ?). And when this door opens, it's the end of the world babey !(the long night ? The battle for the Dawn ?)

Was it the WWs, are WWs servants ? Are WWs guardians ? Was AA's job only to put things back in ? Is AAr's job to finally deal with this "horror" ? I can't say, but I'm full on bad sh*t crazy.

So What I'm expecting in next episode is a Big effing CGI door north of the lands of always winter (and then the episode can end with our blue balls, idc).

Little thing that would be nice for the appearance of that door:

There it still stands, utterly black and huge against the deep-blue walls. Its pillars are of the mightiest basalt and its lintel likewise, but great dragons of black stone are carved thereon, and shadowy smoke pours slowly from their jaws.

Oh sh*t maybe dargons are coming from stone, or required to open it. That's it, I lost my mind ! (At least I'll be treated soon , ehe !)

>It's the post I've submitted  on the reddit, be kind, I'm sooo hyped.

15 minutes ago, EternET said:

In the same time , everybody is speculating : "but what is this door the title refers to ?". yeah "THE door" wth, right ?

huh huh Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor? huh huh Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor... Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor.

17 minutes ago, EternET said:

And I was reading about Dagor 

They cannot be seen, nor can they be passed, save by the Door of Night.

Oh

North and north and north he looked, to the curtain of light at the end of the world, and then beyond that curtain. He looked deep

So "The Door" refers to a door at the "curtain of light" that might prevent something "banished" deep in the heart of winter , it's so terrifying Bran cries, and the heat of his tears burn his cheeks (it's so cold it burns ?). And when this door opens, it's the end of the world babey !(the long night ? The battle for the Dawn ?) 

Sorry about the super crap rough cutting of your post.. But the door keeps popping out to me too! The curtain of light.

It just aligns well with what Mel has always said about this lord of light keeping the darkness, death, etc etc at bay.

Do you think they could possibly be the same thing? Or the door could be another instrument of the lord of light.

I can't remember what the exact deal is with AA/TPTWP and Mel and the lord of light and what the prophecy said s/he would do. But does it connect the two and if so give any hint to what action this hero will need to take?

1 hour ago, Marada78 said:

huh huh Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor? huh huh Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor... Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor.

What yo talking about Wylis ?

1 hour ago, VarysWig said:

But the door keeps popping out to me too! The curtain of light.

It just aligns well with what Mel has always said about this lord of light keeping the darkness, death, etc etc at bay.

Do you think they could possibly be the same thing? Or the door could be another instrument of the lord of light.

I can't remember what the exact deal is with AA/TPTWP and Mel and the lord of light and what the prophecy said s/he would do. But does it connect the two and if so give any hint to what action this hero will need to take?

It could be the same thing, or it could be a door IN the curtain, those aren't exclusive. Oh and I'm of those thinking there's no lord of light.

And nothing in the bits revealed of the prophecy so far makes mention of the door, the curtain etc...

However, and provided I got a lucky hunch, there are stone dragons on the door of Night, maybe those are the ones to "rise up" so the door can open and the prophecy accomplish.

On 5/21/2016 at 11:29 AM, Marada78 said:

Dude... Come on.

On 5/21/2016 at 8:29 PM, Marada78 said:

You win! Congrats! You called it first.

The Long Night/Ragnarok/The Apocalypse is the culmination of ASoIaF, I'm sure. I't would make sense that behind the 'door' is the power to unleash it.

Perhaps everyone has the Other's arse about - and, so long as there is a Stark in Winterfell and good men on the wall, they keep the Long Night contained in the Lands of Always Winter - but, if the south fails, they let it spread into Westeros?

Regardless, I'm sure this saga ends in utter destruction and that the Dream of Spring will be inherited by a very small few.

11 minutes ago, Tooms said:

You win! Congrats! You called it first.

Called it? 

Or spoiled it lol?

Either way - kind of funny that with all the speculation going on about the title of the episode for such a long time, it turned out to be something that nobody could have foreseen, and so much more heartbreaking

6 minutes ago, TickTak7 said:

Called it? 

Or spoiled it lol?

Either way - kind of funny that with all the speculation going on about the title of the episode for such a long time, it turned out to be something that nobody could have foreseen, and so much more heartbreaking

His message was posted 2 days ago before the leaks so I assume he called it ... But yes, no one saw it coming and it ruined me too!

Archived