Is Viserion "the nicest" of the three dragons?

Valens

Lol...but really, he is the only one to shown kindness and bonding with another human being except Dany, Brown Ben Plumm. He flew to his shoulder, which is pretty rare for a dragon to do with another than his master. Rhaegal showed himself to be more dangerous than Viserion while Drogon ate Hazzea, obviously. Drogon is THE BEAST, despite showing affection for Dany. Not saying Viserion isn't dangerous either, but he has exhibited less of the threatening behaviour than his brothers, so far.

5 hours ago, ThePrinceThatKnewNothing said:

I think Viserion is meant to be the smartest. But I guess you're right about him being nice too 

Hehe, if one can call a dragon nice. :D Maybe they can be nice, but it just sounds so funny, lol. So, he's the smartest? Maybe its meant to be irony, since he was named for Viserys, who was everything but those two things-nice and smart. Rofl.

Unless Dany or the so called prospective dragon riders tame the dragons, none are going to be nice. They will be considered as dangerous beasts and people will try to kill them.

Spoiler

In Tyrion chapter of TWOW,already one of the dragons is charring men and eating them .

I think that he probably just got little page-time... But certainly Drogon is the wildest, and the dragons can have different 'personalities' (as the direwolves did/do - maybe the dragons' will also correspond with their riders'?). I'd welcome some characterization of Rhaegal and Viserion, instead of constantly boosting Drogon.

And by description it seems like Viserion is at least the prettiest.

Viserion is more calmer and gentler. So I think so. Which is ironic consider he is named after Dany's cruel brother while Rhaegal, who is more aggressive, is named after her "nicer" brother.

11 hours ago, Valens said:

Lol...but really, he is the only one to shown kindness and bonding with another human being except Dany, Brown Ben Plumm. He flew to his shoulder, which is pretty rare for a dragon to do with another than his master. Rhaegal showed himself to be more dangerous than Viserion while Drogon ate Hazzea, obviously. Drogon is THE BEAST, despite showing affection for Dany. Not saying Viserion isn't dangerous either, but he has exhibited less of the threatening behaviour than his brothers, so far.

Nope, not obvious at all. Maybe the man just wanted money, made up the story, maybe the idea was to invent something to force Dany´s hand.

But yeah, Viserion is really interesting. He will be the first one to be "tamed" I think.

Here is my theory on Viserion. There is, I think, text evidence to back it up.

One of the visions Dany sees in the HotU is this (Chapter 48-ACOK):

Mirri Maz Durr shrieked in the flames, a dragon bursting from her brow.

I think this shows symbolically that the animus of MMD entering into one of the dragons. Here I am using the word animus to mean: purpose, intention, animating spirit. I think MMD's spirit entered into Viserion and is waiting to strike back at Dany.

However, there are two things stopping Viserion. The first is the bond with Dany's dragon blood. Second, for Viserion to overcome this bond, Viserion will need to find another person with dragon blood to bond with. This is why Viserion first appears to take a liking to BBP and then to Quentyn. The new bond formed would break Viserion's bond to Dany. Breaking this bond would allow Viserion to attack and kill Dany.

While most people think that the vision of a cloth dragon that Dany saw in the HotU and the Mummer's Dragon that Quaithe warned Dany of are the same thing. I don't. I think Viserion will bond with Tyrion and this will make him the Mummer's Dragon that Quaithe warns Dany about. When Dany first sees Tyrion he is literally a mummer and if Viserion becomes his Dragon, Viserion will be the mummer's dragon.

Three heads of the dragon. Each represents major characters and "true" Targaryens of this series: Drogon - Jon; Viserion - Jaime; Rhaegal - Cersei. Colors of the dragons are major hints.

And yes, Dany is not a Targaryen, she is a Dayne. She is Mother of Dragons, not dragon herself.

1 hour ago, Scorpion92 said:

Three heads of the dragon. Each represents major characters and "true" Targaryens of this series: Drogon - Jon; Viserion - Jaime; Rhaegal - Cersei. Colors of the dragons are major hints.

And yes, Dany is not a Targaryen, she is a Dayne. She is Mother of Dragons, not dragon herself.

What, what, what?? Too much weird information in a short post. Why is Rhaegal Cersei? Cersei ain't green, lol! :P And who says Dany is a Dayne? This is the first time I hear that theory. Three heads of the dragon in this case are: Aegon, his sister (forgot her name) and Jon, because they are all Rhaegar's children...apparently.

12 hours ago, Beorn Snow said:

Nope, not obvious at all. Maybe the man just wanted money, made up the story, maybe the idea was to invent something to force Dany´s hand.

But yeah, Viserion is really interesting. He will be the first one to be "tamed" I think.

If you read what delspark posted as a hidden content, it will be clear to you that Drogon DID eat Hazzeah. Why not? He was the first dragon to break free and dragons eat human flesh, just like any other. If it's charred, ofc. Why wouldn't the mightiest of the three dragons also be the most dangerous and most cruel?

6 hours ago, Valens said:

If you read what delspark posted as a hidden content, it will be clear to you that Drogon DID eat Hazzeah. Why not? He was the first dragon to break free and dragons eat human flesh, just like any other. If it's charred, ofc. Why wouldn't the mightiest of the three dragons also be the most dangerous and most cruel?

It is typical GRRM to have monsters be convicted for the only crimes they didn´t commit. I don´t think we can be 100% sure about Hazzeah. 

From the Queen's Hand, ADWD:

He wondered where Rhaegal was. Thus far the green dragon had shown himself to be more dangerous than the white.

Drogon is much more dangerous than Rhaegal. So if Barristan's observations are correct, Viserion is the "nicest" dragon. 

7 hours ago, Valens said:

Because dragons don't hunt people. Barristan notes that Rhaegal and Viserion prefer sheep and that no one has been attacked since they were freed. 

As for that spoiler: 

Spoiler

They are eating corpses. The dragons have eaten human corpses before. 

Interesting to note, though I'm not in any way suggesting there is a connection, Joseph Stalin's middle name is VISARIONOVICH, which means his father was named Visarion. Stalin was vile enough to be called after a dragon, lol. So, to conclude, Viserion is the nicest, smartest, best looking and coolest-named dragon of the three. :D Drogon? Corny name, too D&D. Rhaegal? Sounds like furniture or a detergent, lol. Just too weird. Viserion beats them in the name test too.

10 hours ago, Valens said:

What, what, what?? Too much weird information in a short post. Why is Rhaegal Cersei? Cersei ain't green, lol! :P And who says Dany is a Dayne? This is the first time I hear that theory. Three heads of the dragon in this case are: Aegon, his sister (forgot her name) and Jon, because they are all Rhaegar's children...apparently.

Cersei will destroy King's Landing with wildfire (green), like a true dragon, thus ending the Iron Throne and the whole "Seven Kingdoms" symbol, which will be one of the most important events in the series. She will die before she gives away Iron Throne and power.

It will allow Starks to build a new capital and new royal seat based on Winterfell design at Harrenhal (Winterfell itself will be destroyed in the upcoming Long Night). One capital,one kingdom,one united country under one government.

Archived