Is Loras being tortured by the Faith while imprisoned?

Oil_Blood_Water

Loras: "I don't care about that (future of Tyrells.)" Loras says after Margaery urges him to stay strong and not-confess.

Loras: "I just want it to stop." <- What is Loras referring to here? The imprisonment or something they are doing to him?

Margaery: "If either of us give in to what they want, they win." M

Loras: "Just make it  stop. Please." - Loras

Could Loras be facing a Reek-like situation and have a parallel storyline coming up. 

In the show, Queen Margaery seems like she still has fight left in her. She claims that the reason the High-Sparrow is letting her speak to Loras, is because HS wants Margaery to help "tear her brother down," meaning she is being used by the HS to extract a confession of his sins (homosexuality.)

Historically, gay males were either burned alive or threatened with castration. (origin of court-eunuchs/male-priesthoods?) Outright sodomy laws were uncommon until Medieval Popes started to put a focus on homosexuality within the nobility. The irony is of course, that there has always been a significant number of homosexuals within "the church" since female interaction is shunned in these institutions.   

Source: http://www.medievalists.net/2011/07/03/same-sex-relations-in-the-middle-ages/

http://www.theawl.com/2012/05/sex-and-punishment

I suspect Loras is being tortured, physically, mentally or both to extract a confession from him. We only have 2 examples of how the Faith under High-Septon/High-Sparrow treats their prisoners. Septa Unella was physically abusive to Cersei for what crime? Well, in the show her charges are conspiring to kill the king and fornication with her brother. 

I wouldn't put torture past what the High Sparrow is capable of, considering what happens in the books,

Spoiler

where Osney Kettleblack is tortured by the church.

But considering this is the show and we are dealing with Show-Loras, it is just as likely that being denied sex is the sole cause of his torment.

1 hour ago, Bran the Shipper said:

I wouldn't put torture past what the High Sparrow is capable of, considering what happens in the books,

Hide contents

where Osney Kettleblack is tortured by the church.

But considering this is the show and we are dealing with Show-Loras, it is just as likely that being denied sex is the sole cause of his torment.

It's strongly implied that's what's going on, but if so it's a but hard to believe the NW would go so far. Sure, they torture Kettleblack, but he's not one of the most powerful lords in the realm.

When we see Loras in the cell, it's pretty obvious he's been beaten.

Not to mention what the Faith Militant did to the men they caught together in LFs brothel. Remember " A boy-f%^ker!!! There's a special place in the Seven Hells for the likes of you!!!! " ?

It seems to me to imply that in addition to homosexuality being considered a sin by the faith of the seven, that the show is making it into a particularly heinous one.

2 hours ago, The Bastard Dayne said:

When we see Loras in the cell, it's pretty obvious he's been beaten.

Not to mention what the Faith Militant did to the men they caught together in LFs brothel. Remember " A boy-f%^ker!!! There's a special place in the Seven Hells for the likes of you!!!! " ?

It seems to me to imply that in addition to homosexuality being considered a sin by the faith of the seven, that the show is making it into a particularly heinous one.

Now that really makes me wonder whether Loras will survive his Walk of Shame, especially with all his parts intact.  I can easily Septa Unella being somewhat less than diligent in defending her charge from harm when she’s so busy crying Shame, shame.

13 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Now that really makes me wonder whether Loras will survive his Walk of Shame, especially with all his parts intact.  I can easily Septa Unella being somewhat less than diligent in defending her charge from harm when she’s so busy crying Shame, shame.

I don't think we'll get to see Loras's walk of shame, since Margaery appears to have her trial first. 

Archived