also white walkers coming ,

at this point north is probably weakest out of 7

14 hours ago, blckp said:

robb pretty much killed off all north soldiers,

and soon remaining few thousands will fight each other,

nothing to eat and constant iron islands invasion/pillaging,

Robb didn't kill them, the Boltons and Frey's did. Maybe he got them killed, but that's not the same thing. One implies foolishness, the other is murder. Just to nitpick, that rubbed me wrong.

10 hours ago, JCRB's Honeypot said:

Everything will rise again, harder and stronger.

Except Theon's penis, of course.

The hell you say. Theron's Penis is light bringer. It will rise again and be used by AA to turn the white walkers into the white limpers

A good deal of the northern fighting force is weakened, but the North is far from incapacitated. Mors Umber marches with his green boys. I don't doubt the north is full of green boys now.

I don't know if the OP's question implies the north rising in rebellion? Who knows. The North is not known to be a rebellious bunch. Robb's cause was special.

14 hours ago, blckp said:

robb pretty much killed off all north soldiers,

and soon remaining few thousands will fight each other,

nothing to eat and constant iron islands invasion/pillaging,

The Northerners have pretty much mopped up the Iron born, i think only torrhen's square remains, the mountain clans have joined with Stannis to fight roose bolton and the northerners in boltons camp are all mostly going to stab him in the back like he did to the young wolf.

The Northerners have lost a lot but winter is upon them and who fights better in winter than the Northerners. I think the mountain clans numbered in 4k so them and the rest of the North they should be able to field a respectable number of troops. Lord Wyman Manderly has been building ships for a year probably with the help of the Umbers and he still commands more heavy horse than any other lord north of the neck. his words not mine.

The only true ally Boltons have are the Freys and Lady Dustin, I even think the Ryswells are in on the conspiracy as Roose once remarks to Ramsey that his only Northen ally is Lady Dustin.

16 minutes ago, Boarsbane said:

Eventually but the south taught them not to march south again anytime soon

The irony is they should march now, if they had the strength to do so. Winter has come. Now would have been the perfect time to march south.

3 hours ago, Manderlay said:

The Northerners have pretty much mopped up the Iron born, i think only torrhen's square remains, the mountain clans have joined with Stannis to fight roose bolton and the northerners in boltons camp are all mostly going to stab him in the back like he did to the young wolf.

The Northerners have lost a lot but winter is upon them and who fights better in winter than the Northerners. I think the mountain clans numbered in 4k so them and the rest of the North they should be able to field a respectable number of troops. Lord Wyman Manderly has been building ships for a year probably with the help of the Umbers and he still commands more heavy horse than any other lord north of the neck. his words not mine.

The only true ally Boltons have are the Freys and Lady Dustin, I even think the Ryswells are in on the conspiracy as Roose once remarks to Ramsey that his only Northen ally is Lady Dustin.

And Lady Dustin is only with him out of love for Domeric who she believes Ramsey killed, so if anything was to happen to Roose she would jump ship quickly. Likewise the Freys would do the same if anything was to happen to Walda plus they most likely are not going to survive anyway. 

Would also like to add that the North was very loyal to the Iron Throne so long as the Iron Throne was good to them which basically meant not harming them. But in less than 15-16 years The Iron Throne has killed Rickard, Brandon, Eddard, abducted Lyanna, killed a whole host of northerners personally, sanctioned the murdering of Robb, a few heirs, capture of lords, and  thousands of troops by the Freys and Boltons at a wedding, and forced a Sansa to marry a Lannister just to try and steal Winterfell. 

So yeah the North is probably not going to bow to anyone who lives below the Neck ever again and that goes for Stannis as well. 

53 minutes ago, The Golden Wolf said:

And Lady Dustin is only with him out of love for Domeric who she believes Ramsey killed, so if anything was to happen to Roose she would jump ship quickly. Likewise the Freys would do the same if anything was to happen to Walda plus they most likely are not going to survive anyway. 

Would also like to add that the North was very loyal to the Iron Throne so long as the Iron Throne was good to them which basically meant not harming them. But in less than 15-16 years The Iron Throne has killed Rickard, Brandon, Eddard, abducted Lyanna, killed a whole host of northerners personally, sanctioned the murdering of Robb, a few heirs, capture of lords, and  thousands of troops by the Freys and Boltons at a wedding, and forced a Sansa to marry a Lannister just to try and steal Winterfell. 

So yeah the North is probably not going to bow to anyone who lives below the Neck ever again and that goes for Stannis as well. 

Stannis was good to the North though, he is the only one who did something about the Wildlings and now he is the only one who wants to put the Bolton's heads on spikes and give Winterfell back to a Stark. I don't really see why they shouldn't support him. 

21 minutes ago, John Doe said:

Stannis was good to the North though, he is the only one who did something about the Wildlings and now he is the only one who wants to put the Bolton's heads on spikes and give Winterfell back to a Stark. I don't really see why they shouldn't support him. 

Oh, don't get me wrong I am not saying they will betray Stannis. I am just saying that I doubt they will bend the knee to stannis. The only king the North shall ever bow to again is named Stark. plus with winter coming it would be foolish to even try and go below the Neck when the realm is facing Long Night 2.0.

Stannis would have to do more than just help, not give for it is not his to give, the Starks reclaim Winterfell. 

The North isn't likely to bend the knee again unless there's the realization that they'll be forced to later, or there's something in it for them that they'd desperately need (like if the new queen or king offered supplies and reparations). The IT has dicked them over far too much in a very short span of time. They'll either require a big carrot, or a grown dragon sized stick.

In all likelihood, they'll rise again in time, same as the war torn Riverlands. In fact, I'd argue that the Riverlands has taken much more damage by land, towns, keeps being burned/sacked/salted than the North. I don't see the central conflict ending without a generations long enmity from the Riverlanders towards the Westerlanders, or at the very least the Lannisters.

Archived