Tyrions Tysha Shae

norwaywolf123

I could buy that. Maybe Tyrion is like Jay Gatsby, in longing for a relationship that actually wasn't that great, but he's built it up in his mind as being absolutely perfect.

Perhaps Tysha really was in it more for the gold and protection that Tyrion could provide, rather than Tyrion himself. And maybe Tyrion was much more controlling, possessive, jealous and selfish than he remembers.

I wonder if this idea could be extended to Robert, and whether Robert would have treated Lyanna the way he treated Cersei.

I think that´s propably true. Not trying to be a dick here, but love on first sight with an ugly, pubescent dwarf? Not buying it, sorry.

As for Robert he clearly glorifies Lyanna, we get clues from Ned´s PoV that she wasn´t so sweet at all. Robert wouldn´t all of a sudden become chaste just because he´s married to Lyanna, and I doubt any wife would appreciate his affairs.

Lyanna is propably very different from Cersei and would deal with the situation quite differently, but I´d say there´s no way their marriage would´ve been happy.

52 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Jaime is one manipulative SOB

By no means. He's strong, flamboyant, all that a king should be,... but he's a puppet in the hands of anyone who've decided to use him. He onñy discovers his own self when he loses his swordhand.

15 minutes ago, Lady bonehead said:

In all likelihood Tysha was set up by some third party, possibly Tywin himself (he's that evil) but possibly by a procurer or impoverished parent. Come to think of it, it's even possible that Jaime was the intended target.

I follow the theory that Tywin sent Shae to Tywin back on the whatever Fork. He went there with Bronn and his clansmen, and when he returned it was Bronn, Pod and Shae. Pod was sent by his father, while Shae had been found by Bronn in strange circumstances. She's meant to be rather gorgeous, but Bronn took her over from some knight, who just obliged.

I'd say Bronn added some details while they were waiting, just to pass time. Like instead of telling that Tywin sent some knight to help Shae and Pod find Tyrion's tent,....  you know what he told. Or most probably he was paid for it. He might have earned it, but Tywin seemed willing to reward Bronn for his services. I'm eager to witness how Tyrion and Bronn meet again; Bronn is a sellsword to the bone, but I guess he's ended up liking Tyrion. After all, he's a lord now, he can afford to have feellings

Sorry if I've gone a bit astray.

11 minutes ago, finger said:

He went there with Bronn and his clansmen, and when he returned it was Bronn, Pod and Shae. Pod was sent by his father, while Shae had been found by Bronn in strange circumstances. She's meant to be rather gorgeous, but Bronn took her over from some knight, who just obliged.

I'd say Bronn added some details while they were waiting, just to pass time. Like instead of telling that Tywin sent some knight to help Shae and Pod find Tyrion's tent,....  you know what he told. Or most probably he was paid for it. He might have earned it, but Tywin seemed willing to reward Bronn for his services. I'm eager to witness how Tyrion and Bronn meet again; Bronn is a sellsword to the bone, but I guess he's ended up liking Tyrion. After all, he's a lord now, he can afford to have feellings

Speaking of Bronn - are we ever going to see him this season?

1 hour ago, Lady bonehead said:

In all likelihood Tysha was set up by some third party, possibly Tywin himself (he's that evil) but possibly by a procurer or impoverished parent. Come to think of it, it's even possible that Jaime was the intended target.

I doubt this was the case.  Any adult would know it couldn't last, and I don't see the point otherwise.  I see no advantage for Tywin at all.  I do think that a 13-year-old might very well think that marriage to a Lannister was a really good long-term idea.  Her not truly being in love and manipulating him is certainly a possibility, although my own personal inclination is that it was an adolescent love affair that ended very badly for both of them.

59 minutes ago, finger said:

I follow the theory that Tywin sent Shae to Tywin back on the whatever Fork. He went there with Bronn and his clansmen, and when he returned it was Bronn, Pod and Shae. Pod was sent by his father, while Shae had been found by Bronn in strange circumstances. She's meant to be rather gorgeous, but Bronn took her over from some knight, who just obliged.

I think Shae, just like Pod, is exactly who she appears to be.  A camp follower grabbed by Bronn.  I suspect that the knight she was taken from got paid so he wouldn't retaliate.  Tywin did, after all, order Tyrion not to take her to court, and seemed to mean it, especially given his constant haranguing of Tyrion on the issue.  It's not as if he needs her to spy.  He likely has plenty of sources in the capital.   As for Podrick, it seems quite clear that he was given to Tyrion because Tywin didn't know what else to do with him.

I do think he was quite happy to make use of Shae after Tyrion's conviction.  He may even have offered to do so in exchange for her testimony.  Somewhat hypocritical, but he also seemed to be more discreet about it than Tyrion was.  

16 hours ago, Ser Tristan Flowers said:

...Not trying to be a dick here, but love on first sight with an ugly, pubescent dwarf? Not buying it, sorry...

Yeah, this story never really sat well with me either. Especially falling into his bed just after almost being raped.

It felt like a retcon to drive a wedge between Jaime and Tyrion.

On 5/23/2016 at 8:34 AM, House Cambodia said:

Season? In the show? His hand is in the previews.

Good to know.  Apologies if I struggle to keep up.  There's a lot to keep track of.  (But I'm up for that challenge) ;)

On May 22, 2016 at 7:57 PM, Lady bonehead said:

I've always thought that Shae was in the pay of someone, probably Tywin or Varys.  For one thing she seems too classy to be a common camp follower.

exactly right. bronn found her from some knight or another. Something went on. Not to say Bronn in on it, just that at that point he had no idea who was who and what was what wrt lannisters.

Archived