(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

LulaMae Barnes

So. BatFinger teleports to the Wall and everyone basically acknowledges how bad D&D's writing was and how the Sansa Marriage Strike made no sense last year. Blackfish has "retaken" Riverrun from whoever took Riverrun. Sansa rejects the help of the Vale army, even though she's the only reason people are still supporting Littlefinger. But she can't be too smart, because then someone would outsmart the master of teleportation and manipulating others by making them dumb.

The play is ironically meta because D&D would totally write season 1 that way if they wrote it now. ESPECIALLY sympathetic Cersei/Carol. 

Seems like D&D are trying to purposely flip EVERYTHING on the books on its head again with this Kingsmoot scene. Asha was the contender at the Kingsmoot who understood the whole carrion crows thing that was going on, was anti-establishment and wanted to make peace with the North. So therefore she has to promise to build a massive fleet, because the only way a woman can be empowered is through sex or violence. And “never made their mark on the world”? What about when they ruled the Riverlands for a hundred years?

Welp, looks like outright stating that you committed regicide and kinslaying gets you support, just like in Dorne and the North… this might be the most consistent aspect of Weisseroff that’s been established so far.

So Jorah, infected with greyscale, set out on a trip across the Dothraki Sea with one other dude to find Dany, just to abandon her as he finds her? Okay.

What a dramatically satisfying ending we got where time travel was used so we could watch a crackpot theory about how a disabled person became disabled on-screen in parallel to that disabled person being killed off.

2 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

It seemed like he was taking him in to teach him a last few things he needed to know. But then they were just watching Ned leave for the Vale, so it's a bit puzzling. 

According to Benioff in the "inside the episode" bit, BR was doing an upload in Bran's mind. So yeah, puzzling is a good word.

Why did they do so little with the Children? I was starting to become interested in Leaf (the "main" one was Leaf, yes?) and the others, especially after the reveal, but now they're all dead and Bran has no one in the know to discuss these massive revelations with.

I'm actually partial to the WW's origin story, but it was so awfully abrupt and the ones responsible for it all died like ten minutes after it came out.

7 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

It seemed like he was taking him in to teach him a last few things he needed to know. But then they were just watching Ned leave for the Vale, so it's a bit puzzling. 

Just watched the video posted above. So BR was 'uploading' everything to Bran bur Bran doesn't realize it because he is under duress. In the show we are only shown Winterfell so yes, it is puzzling!  Does this mean though that Bran has all the data  :D but would have to find a pc (tree) to read it? 

Freaking teleporting Littlefinger and OMG just don't let me hear the tears. When he rode all the ways up the King's road pasting by Winterfell and he has an army camped at Moat Calin. Go home or I will release the hound, bymen, I don't wants you anymore. Where the Hell are the Frey because the Blackfish has retaken Riverrun? Theon is Yara's prop, Jon is Sansa's /faceplam. I fast-forwarded the next scene because princess Sansa knows all about the Narth and how many men Jon needs for his army as Brienne is also advising the men she just threatened. Are Jon and Theon about to become BFF's, filling in the gaps of that journey? As the Ironborn rebuild their fleet, what's dead may never die, returning their missing ships, quick row your boats, to Jon? No horse feed again, and Jorah is on the quest for the fountain of youth.

14 minutes ago, lorienelf said:

Ok, looooooong-time lurker on westeros.org, first-time poster...but I'm fucking pissed. D&D hiding behind GRRM again.

I thought I was prepared for the "spoilers" this season not being real spoilers...but apparently something about this was true. Because the D's told another fucking story about how "omg, we couldn't believe it when George told us, but...."

It gives most of the fucking fandom excuse to take everything else as canon because George obviously told them. I just want my fandom back :(. I want to be able to talk about the books without this shitty fanfic leaking through. I hate that these dudes get private conservations with the author about canon because they're supposedly making an adaptation, but then pick and choose what to put in...

I usually don't care about spoilers, and I'm happy to wait and experience the books for myself the way GRRM intends. But I wouldn't be so upset if it weren't for how much this stupid fucking low-brow show colors fandom discussion with its dumbass shallow interpretations. Because that discussion is something I used to enjoy.

Welcome to the boards :)

After so long banging on about 'the show is show' they seem desperate to try to attach themselves to the books at every opportunity. 

21 minutes ago, Risto said:

So, Hold the Door is indeed Martin's idea, at least according to DnD.

Sam isn't a PoV according to DnD. Dany 'forgot' she was immune to fire according to DnD. I just don't pay any heed to anything they say.

2 minutes ago, jobmartell said:

Holy shit. Yara will sail into the ever rowing gendry. It has to happen! It must happen!

I was half-expecting Gendry to show for the Kingsmoot, citing his years of experience sailing the seas.

This episode was doing alright, we had Arya watching a horrible retelling of what went down in kingslanding and recalling those memories, we had Sansa holding Littlefinger to the fire, I had no complaints for the most part. but then we got to the end with Summer going out like a chump and Hodor's origin being told (does anyone else think that this is not what George meant?) but then there is the fact that a god damn cave system inhabited by beings who do not live as Mankind does has a freaking back door!

I bet in the books that if there is a door to be held by Hodor it is not going to be a door to a cave. also why didn't leaf just try to collapse the damn roof of the cave? How far is Meera supposed to make it? 

Oh wait something else bothered me...why is it that only Tyrion and Varys ever meet anyone when actually governing? What was that big show about last season of Grey Worm and Missandei being the key to holding the city down? yet every time anything of note is being discussed in the throne room or elsewhere it is always Tyrion and Varys there with Missandei and Grey Worm noticeably absent or quiet. 

Just now, Follmann said:

I was half-expecting Gendry to show for the Kingsmoot, citing his years of experience sailing the seas.

What's dead may never die. Although his leeches will vouch differently. Cut down every tree, I didn't see any, but surprisingly the much bigger navy needed to boost Jon?

24 minutes ago, lorienelf said:

Ok, looooooong-time lurker on westeros.org, first-time poster...but I'm fucking pissed. D&D hiding behind GRRM again.

I thought I was prepared for the "spoilers" this season not being real spoilers...but apparently something about this was true. Because the D's told another fucking story about how "omg, we couldn't believe it when George told us, but...."

It gives most of the fucking fandom excuse to take everything else as canon because George obviously told them. I just want my fandom back :(. I want to be able to talk about the books without this shitty fanfic leaking through. I hate that these dudes get private conservations with the author about canon because they're supposedly making an adaptation, but then pick and choose what to put in...

I usually don't care about spoilers, and I'm happy to wait and experience the books for myself the way GRRM intends. But I wouldn't be so upset if it weren't for how much this stupid fucking low-brow show colors fandom discussion with its dumbass shallow interpretations. Because that discussion is something I used to enjoy.

My dad starting reading this series when it came out in 94 I think.  He is an avid reader and has more books than anyone I know.  He doesn't watch the show, but he is livid that this series has surpassed the books and is now spoiling them.  He has said that he will not give George Martin another penny and has decided not to read anything of his from here on out.  I imagine he isn't the only one.  

Archived