(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

LulaMae Barnes

The part i liked most was when Brienne points out to sansa that Davos and Melisandre did not die fighting with stannis and how fast they changed loyalties.  (like DnD telling us those characters didn't care at all about stannis and shireen, especially davos. What was pointed on several topics before. They really killed Book Davos, one of the most consistent characters until this season)

Everyone's complaining about Llittlefinger's teleporter, but we're missing the fact that he sold a copy to the High Priestess. Tyrion sends for her in Volantis and she appears in the next scene. The local priests must suck at their job.

19 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

My dad starting reading this series when it came out in 94 I think.  He is an avid reader and has more books than anyone I know.  He doesn't watch the show, but he is livid that this series has surpassed the books and is now spoiling them.  He has said that he will not give George Martin another penny and has decided not to read anything of his from here on out.  I imagine he isn't the only one.  

I agree with your dad. He has written how many other books while not finishing this series??? It is irking...I feel there is a symbiotic relationship between an author and the fans that make him a bestseller so the author should feel a responsibility to finish the story in a timely manner. I checked the world book out of the library instead of purchasing it. We will be lucky if he finishes the next book much less two. I just hope he authorizes someone to finish them (with somewhat of an outline) and doesn't pull a RJ like WoT and insist on an ending that is chopped off and unworthy of the rest of the tale.

36 minutes ago, joaozinm said:

The part i liked most was when Brienne points out to sansa that Davos and Melisandre did not die fighting with stannis and how fast they changed loyalties.  (like DnD telling us those characters didn't care at all about stannis and shireen, especially davos. What was pointed on several topics before. They really killed Book Davos, one of the most consistent characters until this season)

I laughed at that scene.  Its as if D and D were making fun of themselves.  They had Brienne point out how stupid their own plot was, and it was one of their own made-up, "off book" plots. 

Also, I'm really getting angry about them killing off the wolves.  So unnecessary.  At the very least they could have had Summer do something remarkable before dying.  But I guess that would take away budget for hall of faces or Hotah's axe, or something else mundane.  sigh. 

7 minutes ago, Stannistician said:

I laughed at that scene.  Its as if D and D were making fun of themselves.  They had Brienne point out how stupid their own plot was, and it was one of their own made-up, "off book" plots. 

Also, I'm really getting angry about them killing off the wolves.  So unnecessary.  At the very least they could have had Summer do something remarkable before dying.  But I guess that would take away budget for hall of faces or Hotah's axe, or something else mundane.  sigh. 

Please someone hang her -______-

As others have pointed out, the Kingsmoot was weak.  Nobody else put forth a claim?  Would it have been that hard to give some no name actors a couple of lines/had at least one or two other contenders (even if not really a threat)?  

One of my biggest complaints that nobody's touched on was that stupid play in Bravos.  We always hear about how there is a limited budget, and only so much story that can be crammed into 10 episodes each year.  And D&D choose to use up a bunch of episode air time and costume/scenery budget on that?  How Disappointing.  That didn't need to be nearly as long as it was - if it was needed at all.  

1 hour ago, Ruhail said:

If you want more

I don't want more....

1 hour ago, teemo said:

Um, I'm sorry. I haven't seen this episode yet, I am 5 behind....what in the hell is going on with Hodor?? Please someone tell me.  And why did Summer die??

Because the show is written by D&D. He was like ten seconds on screen jumping in some wights to save Bran and than you had some horrible whining sounds to make clear he dies ... and then the action goes on. But yeah, why would anyone care about those direwolves.

1 minute ago, Lord of Brewtown said:

As others have pointed out, the Kingsmoot was weak.  Nobody else put forth a claim?  Would it have been that hard to give some no name actors a couple of lines/had at least one or two other contenders (even if not really a threat)?  

One of my biggest complaints that nobody's touched on was that stupid play in Bravos.  We always hear about how there is a limited budget, and only so much story that can be crammed into 10 episodes each year.  And D&D choose to use up a bunch of episode air time and costume/scenery budget on that?  How Disappointing.  That didn't need to be nearly as long as it was - if it was needed at all.  

I agree with the play thing. Actually there are a lot of scenes throughout the show I don't understand the point of. But maybe this one is about Arya not being able, or being able to forget her past? When actor Ned dies in the play, she looks like she's gonna cry, but then you can almost see her deciding to hold it in, because now it shouldn't affect her, for she's "no one". That was what I got from it at least. But honestly I don't know if she's gonna really give up being Arya, this scene brought me some doubts.

3 hours ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

I don't even care anymore HOW Baelish got the Wall THAT quickly and how he got there at all - but how did the Nightswatch not notice him coming?

Not only that, the time it took for Yara and co. to snag an entire fleet of Iron Borne ships? Plus Euron not even guarding how own ships, thus letting his bratty nephew & niece to steal Uncle Euron's car? I thought that was poorly done.

I have a lot of problems with the last scene with bran and hodor. There is just a lot that does not make any logical sense to me. So, Bran tree travels by himself and the white walks see him and touch him(although it is not explain why they can see him or touch him when no one else can). This mark now somehow lets the white walkers in which is not really explained how, magic I guess. Then BR despite knowing they are coming and telling bran he must leave proceeds to pull him into a vision. A vision he apparently cant get out of. Even though BR seem to be aware that the white walkers are in the cave and he is about to die and has been shone to be able to pull him out of visions before. So instead of BR pulling him out of the vision he proceeds to encourage him to listen to meera and warg  young hordor. Somehow when warging young hodor he is also effecting present hodor and young hodor seems to be experiencing what is happening to present hodor. Which I guess means he experienced his own death and that is how he became disabled, which is understandable. However, why is bran able to warg past hodor and affect present hodor, why does warging work this way, this is never explained so magic i guess. Also, does this mean he is actually time traveling and not seeing visions (because he can influence them) and if that is true why can no one else see him. Furthermore, if everything bran does in the past is already accounted for in the future what good is this power he cant really change the future. Then, there is the whole meera issue. She is screaming for hodor to move bran because supposedly she cant do it on her own, which starts the whole change reaction thing with past hodor. However, at the end we can see that she can pull him without hodor, so I'm calling the whole needing to warg hodor thing pointless. Also, how exactly are meera and a cripple boy suppose to survive out in the freezing north with a zombie Apocalypse coming after them. If benjen sudden shows up and saves them or they borrow littlefingers jet pack and end up at the wall next episode I'm calling bullshit. Finally, the last thing I want to complain about is I believe BR is responsible for what happened to hodor. First, he seems to know everything about everything.  So, I firmly believe he knew this would happen. Next, he bring bran in to the past/vision thing knowing the white walkers are coming and encourages him to listen to meera and warg hodor. Even though, he seems keenly aware he about to die which means he knows what is going on in the cave and does not decide to just pull bran out of the vision/past thing like he has done before. That way bran could of just warg the present hodor. So yeah BR is a dick to hodor. Even if this is fantasy I just want things to make sense at least by the rules set up in that fantasy world. I'm just frustrated.

Archived