(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

LulaMae Barnes

1 hour ago, Nami said:
17 minutes ago, Into the Weirwood said:

I agree with the play thing. Actually there are a lot of scenes throughout the show I don't understand the point of. But maybe this one is about Arya not being able, or being able to forget her past? When actor Ned dies in the play, she looks like she's gonna cry, but then you can almost see her deciding to hold it in, because now it shouldn't affect her, for she's "no one". That was what I got from it at least. But honestly I don't know if she's gonna really give up being Arya, this scene brought me some doubts.

I think that's pretty much right. She clearly ISN'T going to give up on being herself. I actually enjoyed the play; it was kinda heart wrenching seeing Arya's reaction to that completely false portrayal of Ned. 

I'm also not bothered by Hodor/hold the door. I thought it was cool, and also tragic. 

BUT, a few things really grated on me. 

1) King's moot. Complete bullshit. First, Euron straight up admits to killing Balon with no consequences. Second, they cut out all of the GOOD portions of his speech from the books - about sailing to the smoking sea and Valyria, and the dragon horn - that might have feasibly convinced the Ironborn to overlook the kinslaying. So it really wasn't believable that they chose him from his lil' pep talk about marrying Dany. At least in the books he convinced (tricked?) them into thinking he had a way to control the dragons. 

2) Littlefinger's teleportation device is one thing, but I found Yara and Theon's "LULS WE MANAGED 2 STEAL ~70 SHIPS AND ALL OF THEIR MEN IN THE COURSE OF 10 MINUTES W/O ANYONE KNOWING HAHAHA FUCK U" far more egregious. Just how were they able to do that when it seemed clear that the majority of the iron islands were convinced that Euron was king, given, you know, the fucking king's moot they just showed? And why on Earth would the iron islands then build "1000 more ships" for Euron instead of just following Yara and Theon?"

3) This is one of the fairly minor things that really just completely destroys my immersion into the story: Bran waking up and going "THE NIGHT'S KING SAW ME!!!11!" I'm sure the 3ER had a big ol' talk with Bran about it beforehand; "now, Bran, this bad d00d is called the Night's King; that's his Official Name We All cAme Up w/ Here." Like, really, jesus. 

4) Killing Summer. Fuck you guys. Just as bad as getting rid of Drogon and replacing him with that horribly stupid scene where Dany magically makes stone and sand instantaneously combustible. I can just imagine the "inside the episode": David: "so like, we really decided we couldn't spend anymore money on the direwolf CG-" D.B.: "SHUT UP David!" David: "Oh, uh, I mean - this is a really tragic scene because not only does Bran lose his most loyal protector and friend, Hodor, he also loses a piece of himself too - both figuratively, and literally, via his direwolf." 

3 minutes ago, Florina Laufeyson said:

The only thing that i felt was kinda lame was the Kingsmoot. So only Asha/Yara and Euron came forward? Where were Euron's gifts? That whole bit just really was disappointing. 

I'm not a book reader and I didn't find Euron as menacing as people describe him from the books

6 minutes ago, Azor_Ahai said:

I have a lot of problems with the last scene with bran and hodor. There is just a lot that does not make any logical sense to me. So, Bran tree travels by himself and the white walks see him and touch him(although it is not explain why they can see him or touch him when no one else can). This mark now somehow lets the white walkers in which is not really explained how, magic I guess. Then BR despite knowing they are coming and telling bran he must leave proceeds to pull him into a vision. A vision he apparently cant get out of. Even though BR seem to be aware that the white walkers are in the cave and he is about to die and has been shone to be able to pull him out of visions before. So instead of BR pulling him out of the vision he proceeds to encourage him to listen to meera and warg  young hordor. Somehow when warging young hodor he is also effecting present hodor and young hodor seems to be experiencing what is happening to present hodor. Which I guess means he experienced his own death and that is how he became disabled, which is understandable. However, why is bran able to warg past hodor and affect present hodor, why does warging work this way, this is never explained so magic i guess. Also, does this mean he is actually time traveling and not seeing visions (because he can influence them) and if that is true why can no one else see him. Furthermore, if everything bran does in the past is already accounted for in the future what good is this power he cant really change the future. Then, there is the whole meera issue. She is screaming for hodor to move bran because supposedly she cant do it on her own, which starts the whole change reaction thing with past hodor. However, at the end we can see that she can pull him without hodor, so I'm calling the whole needing to warg hodor thing pointless. Also, how exactly are meera and a cripple boy suppose to survive out in the freezing north with a zombie Apocalypse coming after them. If benjen sudden shows up and saves them or they borrow littlefingers jet pack and end up at the wall next episode I'm calling bullshit. Finally, the last thing I want to complain about is I believe BR is responsible for what happened to hodor. First, he seems to know everything about everything.  So, I firmly believe he knew this would happen. Next, he bring bran in to the past/vision thing knowing the white walkers are coming and encourages him to listen to meera and warg hodor. Even though, he seems keenly aware he about to die which means he knows what is going on in the cave and does not decide to just pull bran out of the vision/past thing like he has done before. That way bran could of just warg the present hodor. So yeah BR is a dick to hodor. Even if this is fantasy I just want things to make sense at least by the rules set up in that fantasy world. I'm just frustrated.

Wait, Bran warged present Hodor while still in the vision and was only warging Hodor during the entire chase scene, it is only at the end when they got to the door (a door to a cave...) and Meera kept insisting Hodor hold the door did Bran begin to warg past Hodor at the same time giving him the seizure and constantly repeat "Hold the Door" until it simply became Hodor. 

The real Question becomes how did not!BloodRaven know that Bran would do that? can he see the future as well as the past and present?

3 minutes ago, Asma Ben Hamouda said:

I'm not a book reader and I didn't find Euron as menacing as people describe him from the books

Yeah hes...underwhelming. I think its likely because the showrunners find this character highly expendable. Either way, this isnt really the Euron Greyjoy im familiar with. This is some weird amalgamation of Euron, Victarion, and Dastardly Whiplash. I dont even get why he has two eyes. Oh well. Hes pretty weak sauce, and lemme tell ya, book!Euron would never own up to doing in Balon. (while its obvious hes behind it, we dont know if he did it himself or had a Faceless Man or some shit do it.) 

2 hours ago, Narvi said:

The North has one hell of a transportation system. Sansa has some wicked needle art skills for a rich girl. The kings moot and Euron another waste of great parts of the books. No not Summer, more budget cuts. No not Hodor. Really, "Hold The Door", really. At least we were blessed with no Sam and Gilly wait preview noooooo.

Septa Mordane had been teaching her and Jeyne Poole and Arya. Sansa really enjoyed her needlework... while Arya enjoyed her own version of needlework.

What I want to know is where did Sansa get all of her supplies from at Castle Black. They don't have a fabric mill and there isn't one close and she had a ton of material to work with.

And a ton of time. Do yo know how long it takes to make stuff like that by hand? Really long.

1 minute ago, The Golden Wolf said:

Wait, Bran warged present Hodor while still in the vision and was only warging Hodor during the entire chase scene, it is only at the end when they got to the door (a door to a cave...) and Meera kept insisting Hodor hold the door did Bran begin to warg past Hodor at the same time giving him the seizure and constantly repeat "Hold the Door" until it simply became Hodor. 

The real Question becomes how did not!BloodRaven know that Bran would do that? can he see the future as well as the past and present?

Wait so bran was able to affect present hodor through the vision but not able to get himself out of the vision. So what changed that made bran warg past hodor then. It doesn't make any sense to me because i rewatched it and it just looks like hodor noticed him and suddenly he was warging him I don't understand why.  Also, since bran was warging hodor he kind of forced him to kill himself for bran.

I think the Hodor thing was supposed to happen, like there was no way out of it, otherwise present Hodor wouldn't be as he is. As for BR pulling Bran into the Winterfell vision, it followed him telling Bran he was not ready to become him. So it looked to me as if this last vision was sort of a "last lesson" from him to Bran? (Even though all they get out of it is Wylis becoming Hodor) That's why it seems to me like the Hodor thing was really supposed to happen and BloodRaven knew it (if he didn't, there'd be no point on entering the vision)?

Ps: I might be wrong, these are all impressions I've had while watching the scene

2 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Septa Mordane had been teaching her and Jeyne Poole and Arya. Sansa really enjoyed her needlework... while Arya enjoyed her own version of needlework.

What I want to know is where did Sansa get all of her supplies from at Castle Black. They don't have a fabric mill and there isn't one close and she had a ton of material to work with.

And a ton of time. Do yo know how long it takes to make stuff like that by hand? Really long.

she's very good, Sansa is Yves Saint Laurent of westeros

4 minutes ago, Ser Desmond Wine's Bane said:

In the writer's room

"Guys I've run out of dick jokes"

"What, but we need a joke this episode"

"How about we just show a dick?"

"EXCELLENT!!! Our best writing yet!"

And that's how we got Euron.

2 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Help please.  Brienne accused Sansa of outright lying to Jon about either the Tullys or the Blackfish.  I cannot remember how Sansa knew the truth of it, can somebody please remind me.  ty!

Sansa didn't know the truth. She believed Littlefinger and lied to her brother. Anybody with common sense knows the blackfish may hold Riverrun but he has no army. The Freys run the Riverlands at the moment. 

14 minutes ago, Into the Weirwood said:

I think the Hodor thing was supposed to happen, like there was no way out of it, otherwise present Hodor wouldn't be as he is. As for BR pulling Bran into the Winterfell vision, it followed him telling Bran he was not ready to become him. So it looked to me as if this last vision was sort of a "last lesson" from him to Bran? (Even though all they get out of it is Wylis becoming Hodor) That's why it seems to me like the Hodor thing was really supposed to happen and BloodRaven knew it (if he didn't, there'd be no point on entering the vision)?

Ps: I might be wrong, these are all impressions I've had while watching the scene

i completely agree with this ^ if hodor wasn't hodor he would have lived a normal life and not been the hodor that drug bran more than 1000 leagues to the cave in the firstplace...or the second place depending on your point of view...

i was still in shock over summer's murder when i realize hodor was a goner...damn it all to hell

:smoking:

2 hours ago, Jamie Lannister said:

He's about as endearing as that guy too. Really not sure what they're going for with this Euron.

I honestly can't remember if the show put much emphasis on the kinslaying taboo, but I swear, no one in Westeros seems to give a fuck. Ramsay murders his dad; no one cares, he's applauded for it. Euron murders his brother; no one cares, he's applauded for it. He's made king for it.

But you've got to give Euron credit for his last line. He said I wasn't born to be king. I took my crown the iron way which fits in with their culture. You take what you want...

I thought this was one of the most boring episodes yet.

First of all, I know everybody hated Dorne - but at least it was in color! I am so sick of the constant black, black, black. It's not possible to have a people who are so awkward looking, so constantly swaddled in their black clothes (yet nobody even blocks up windows).

The scenes with the Dothraki were a little better, but there's still something racist about having all the people who are not white speak in grunts (and the translation expressed the basic Conanism of the show, necessary to keep those 11-16 year old boys hanging on.

In general to foreign languages on the show are just bizarre. I am certain that the vocable "kishi" got used for a few too many things in Dothraki speeches. (Strangely enough I didn't have any trouble with Dany's braziers, they clearly contained oil.)

The entire Greyjoy arc now appears to be for the sake of getting Dany to Westeros. I'm not a book reader, but there was something incredibly external and brought-on about the Euron just shows up and seizes the plot. Not that I give a damn who rules the Ironborn, but again they are so unremittingly ugly and boring looking.

I was not surprised to find out Dany kind of loves Jorah, but I thought she would heal him herself. NO, he has to go out and look for a cure.

I love Tyrion, and you can tell that PD is enjoying portraying the most stone cold intellectual in Planetos. But I liked him better when he was sarcastic and drunk.

The theatre troupe was silly. It's like the play within a play in Hamlet, and there's a certain historical accuracy about having such troupes portray political events people had heard of. But why would they still care about Ned? That's supposed to be what everybody has been pining for since he died? Ludicrous.

Arya is just a bore. the entire FM arc is a bore. She needs to get into a war alongside Nymeria and turn out to be an unstoppable killer, but instead we're still dealing in "faces", and over time this whole conceit, of human faces like Kleenexes, just peel them apart, like you could put them on a roll, has come to seem grotesque to me.

It seems like a thousand years ago the White Walkers scared Jon Snow. All this business about the origin of the WW, to CotF and even Bran and the 3ER are boring. The zombies that killed Hodor, Hodor's whole origin story - a believe that when you think about this episode a few days from now you will cringe at a lot of this.

Game of Thrones has succeeded because it was a multi-genre show. It wasn't just medieval war, it was also a soap opera with rape and incest, a romance novel with bodice-ripping, and most importantly COT is a serialized horror movie. But horror movies have this problem, that if you stop being scared of the monster you get bored. Why did they have to substitute whirling zombies and patterned body parts for the somewhat more dignified combat between, say, Jon Snow and a White Walker.

Anyway, what do we have to look forward to? Bran and his group will continue to follow the prequel arc. Dany apparently is going to have to deal with Euron - I can't believe she will go with him. I think he should be killed. If Yara and Theon are trying to get to her first - luck to them.

Sans kissed Littlefinger. She thought he wanted her. I'm like everybody else, I think she should kill him. But she's not going to. Sophie's 8 inches taller than everybody, her face has gotten swelled up somehow.

Emilia Clarke' short stature is even a frequent topic of discussion among characters, but the truth is she has saddlebags, she's wearing heels in every scene, and she looks a lot better from the waist up

2 hours ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

I can't get past the wolf killings.  There are only 2 left and really only 1 because the show hasn't said anything of Nymeria since she was shoo'd away.  

That's the only reason Nym is still alive because she hasn't required screen time. 

I agree I think it was suppose to happened since from what I can gather Bran can effect the past but whatever he does was already accounted for in the present. So, I believe that had to happen or Bran's whole story line is screwed I just didn't like the set up because it leads me to believe that BR must of knew this was going to happen because he brought bran to that particular vision and then didn't just pull him out like he has done before. So, that whole screen was just to make sure that hodor became hodor. P.S. I think hodor just became one of the most tragic people in all of game of thrones to me. He was just an expendable pawn for bran since he was a child. His childhood was taken from him because bran force him to experience his death which understandable screwed him up. It left him unable to communicate effectively with the world which must of been incredible frustrating and lonely. Then when he gets old bran wargs him which is kind of like mind rape to me. How horrible would it be for someone to take control of your body and be full aware of it and unable to stop him. That person being able to force to do whatever you want. Then at the tragic end bran wargs him and forcing him to kill himself protecting bran and once again reliving his death. That is just very tragic.  

Archived