(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

LulaMae Barnes

3 hours ago, Narvi said:

Serious. I was like what the god dammit D&D are sticking cock in my face again.

Well now you know how straight female viewers feel whenever tits and vagina pop up, which is pretty much every episode. *shrugs* There should be a fair balance of nudity if they insist on having it.

Remember when even in the show getting leadership over people actually took some effort?

Robb had to make pacts.

Stannis had to assassinate his brother.

Tyrion had to barter with mountainmen

Dany had to make deals with slavers

Jon had to barter with Mance then with his own men.

Now adays..

Thorne kills Jon with his small group.. rest of NW.. well okay..

Ellaria kills Doran.. he was weak everyone hated him.

Euron kills Balon.. easy breezy tipsy bridgey

Ramsey shanks Roose.. eh he was a cunt anyway

Dany burns all the Khals... we don't like magic but you can survive fire.. you must be leading us now!

So Aeron Greyjoy is totally cool with Euron becoming King? And finds him worthy of the Drowned God's blessing? Yikes. Huge mistake.

I also felt that Jaqen's summary of the origin story of the Faceless Men was poorly-handled. It was a really cool story in the books. It was needlessly truncated.

Apparently the Lord Commander can just hand over the title to another brother? No election? That's cool.

And as everyone has already said, too much teleportation.

5 minutes ago, SeventhReign said:

Well now you know how straight female viewers feel whenever tits and vagina pop up, which is pretty much every episode. *shrugs* There should be a fair balance of nudity if they insist on having it.

Well said.

1 minute ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Vary's did say a fortnight has passed since their meeting with the Masters.

That means Gilly's baby is at least 10 months old now.

Lol! Gilly's baby has been blessed / cursed with eternal youth. Walda announced her pregnancy last season and already gave birth, so 9 months have supposedly passed (bullshit) but Gilly's baby is still a baby. It's stupidly hilarious.

3 hours ago, Nami said:

Kinslaying is indeed getting beyond ridiculous now. Not!Euron not only confessed in front of all that he killed his brother and their king but the moment he is made king he goes "let's kill my nephews!" (he actually said that) and everyone is like hell yeah and follow him
that scene was so so so bad. 

Didn't you know? Kinslaying is all the rage in Westeros these days! It's no longer a taboo, it's a trend!

11 minutes ago, SeventhReign said:

It's okay, I didn't remember the Balon/Victarion thing right away either. Speaking of Euron, do you guys like who they cast for him? He looks nothing like Euron should to me. When I think of Euron, I think of a sexy pirate with long hair. This Euron is old and bloated. Doesn't even have an eyepatch. But I digress.

I just really hate how the writing quality of this show has declined. It's really sad tbh.

I agree I think the casting for Euron was off the mark but it is the writing that makes him on the unbearable side. I mean his argument for the "salt throne" was don't go for the women who has grow up ironborn and has proven herself to most of you because well she is a women. Instead elect me who kill your previous lord/king, has not been around in years, and who's great plan is to build a fleet from scratch (because I let my niece and nephew sneakily run away with the other boats) sail to the dragon lady and seduce her with my ships and my manly ways then promptly use her, her army, and her dragons to take over westeros. Because you know she definitely will not care to being used and will almost certainly let a man control everything. /s  And all the ironborn were like yep that sounds like a leader to me, I mean Asha/yara is women you just need a women to accomplish you goals so obviously the better choice. 

5 minutes ago, Azor_Ahai said:

I agree I think the casting for Euron was off the mark but it is the writing that makes him on the unbearable side. I mean his argument for the "salt throne" was don't go for the women who has grow up ironborn and has proven herself to most of you because well she is a women. Instead elect me who kill your previous lord/king, has not been around in years, and who's great plan is to build a fleet from scratch (because I let my niece and nephew sneakily run away with the other boats) sail to the dragon lady and seduce her with my ships and my manly ways then promptly use her, her army, and her dragons to take over westeros. Because you know she definitely will not care to being used and will almost certainly let a man control everything. /s  And all the ironborn were like yep that sounds like a leader to me, I mean Asha/yara is women you just need a women to accomplish you goals so obviously the better choice. 

I agree with everything you said. I think most people in the forums agree that they fucked up the Kingsmoot. The Ironborn are easily swayed, it seems. I cannot believe that Euron was elected king because he killed the last one and he has a pipe dream about marrying Daenerys. Like are they serious. I already stated my feelings on the kinslaying, but my god, he LITERALLY said "let's go kill my niece and nephew," and everyone is OKAY with this!

As for Theon and Yara stealing the ships with just a few people ... if 20 good men can completely sabotage Stannis' camp, then Greyjoys should be able to steal some ships unawares. Maybe some bannermen for House Goodmen helped them out, who knows. Yes it was stupid, but so is this show post season 4.

Good Lord the amount of bs just keeps piling up with this show, right? We are now officially below standard TV writing. Things just kinda happen. No build up, no foreshadowing, no dramatic tension, nothing. Like, I'm watching this freaking CW show, the 100, and despite all the teen soap and being completely different, it has better drama. It keeps me excited. GoT hasn't done that in years. Take this week for example. I wouldn't fault anyone if they missed that the children of the forest (do show only watchers even know that that's what they're called?) created the Others, oh I'm sorry, the white walkers and how significant a reveal that is. It was just a bland, uninteresting scene. The same goes for the Kingsmoot. I kept waiting for the Horn. It was such an awesome (literally I was in awe) scene in the book. And if they did that, I might have forgiven them for making the ironborn not care about kinslaying. But really, why would they? No one does, and it's just pure bs. Because like, you know, even if kinslaying specifically is not a taboo, murder still is a freaking crime and people just don't care. In the world of GoT, it's easier now to seize power than ever before. Just kill whoever's in charge, be it your realtion or just anybody, and the good people will just accept you as their new leader. Am I crazy or that doesn't work like that anywhere except in GoT? 

I feel like I'm losing my mind here. What else? Yeah Littlefinger. There was a time when I liked TV Littlefinger, believe it or not. He was never the character from the books, but he had a certain kind of charm. In season 1. From season 2 on, both the writing and the acting just dropped the ball. Inconsistent accent, teleporting all over the place, uncertain motivations and senseless actions, thy name is TV Littlefinger. Does he truly care about Sansa or not? Does he want power for himself or for her? What does he want period? What purpose does his character serve in the show? I don't have much else to say about him. Just die already.

Oh and yes, Hold the Door. Hodor. You know, I'm really curios how this will work in other languages, if it is indeed what GRRM wrote (D&D wouldn't just lie about that now, would they?), he must have known that his work will get translated and translators will have a field day with it. Despite not being a native speaker, I don't really care, because I watch the show in english and read the books in english, but I imagine a lot of other people would. And it's not like it's just your plain old technical, linguistic issue. The whole drama of the scene and Hodor's enitre backstory lies on this "wordplay". Which is clever I guess, and that makes me think that GRRM did indeed come up with it, because clever is tha last word I would describe anything popping out of D&D's minds.  I liked the scene by the way, and surprisingly was not caught up in the inner workings of warging, it was one of the rarest occasions with this show, I just enjoyed myself. Though Summer dying like that did leave a sour taste in my mouth. 

One more thing I find strange is that the Red priestess in Mereen (who I'm now suspicious of because she's wearing a necklace just like Mel's) just knows everything about everything, including Varys and what happened at the exact momeint when his willy was chopped off.(I heard Alfie Allen describe Theon's loss as such in a TV interview, and I find it quite fitting for Varys as well :) ). Like Mel's exapmle shows that they aren't all knowing yet this one seems to be. 

2 minutes ago, Swagwell said:

My main beef is that the Ironborn were like 30 people.

Couldnt they have rented some dudes from Vikings or something?

That... i thought that aswelll....call some random people at the street at least...

Also... the fleet stealing...hahah those 20 good men are making me laugh

Really strong episode overall.... But who the $&*# was that cardboard cutout that everyone kept calling Euron. I mean you are literally handed a memorable, psychotic, over the top, made for TV villain on a silver platter and instead you choose to turn him into a bland Ironborn stereotype. I mean really?!?! I WANT MY MOTHER $#*&ing EVIL JACK SPARROW.

2 hours ago, Lord of Brewtown said:

As others have pointed out, the Kingsmoot was weak.  Nobody else put forth a claim?  Would it have been that hard to give some no name actors a couple of lines/had at least one or two other contenders (even if not really a threat)?  

One of my biggest complaints that nobody's touched on was that stupid play in Bravos.  We always hear about how there is a limited budget, and only so much story that can be crammed into 10 episodes each year.  And D&D choose to use up a bunch of episode air time and costume/scenery budget on that?  How Disappointing.  That didn't need to be nearly as long as it was - if it was needed at all.  

I'm a huge critic of the show, but I actually enjoyed the play. It did go on a little long, but I didn't mind and I thought it was a great moment to see Arya go down memory lane. It was a good way to test her to see if she was really "no one". I felt so bad for her. And I'm also glad that they did something with her that wasn't getting the shit beat out of her with a stick. It was good to see her actually DOING something.

Archived