(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

LulaMae Barnes

27 minutes ago, SeventhReign said:

Thanks. I knew as soon as I saw that penis some men were going to complain. It's one penis amongst hundreds of boobs. They will deal. Lol.

No fucking joke. When i saw some balls, i was like "about goddamn time we got egregiously pointless cock."

25 minutes ago, SeventhReign said:

Lol! Gilly's baby has been blessed / cursed with eternal youth. Walda announced her pregnancy last season and already gave birth, so 9 months have supposedly passed (bullshit) but Gilly's baby is still a baby. It's stupidly hilarious.

at least Gilly's baby has some hair now. Its kinda funny about the baby, even my mum points it out.

8 minutes ago, Swagwell said:

My main beef is that the Ironborn were like 30 people.

Couldnt they have rented some dudes from Vikings or something?

lmao right? The Kingsmoot was disappointing af. Its like they injected a bit of Victarion into Euron. ;/

Aside from the last 10-ish minutes I actually liked this episode. But damnit if those last 10-ish minutes wasn't fucking abysmal.

I hate "Hold the door". And I hate how once again they are killing off fairly major characters, like they have done every episode this season so far.

And Summer too. HBO must really hate having to animate the Direwolves. Ghost should watch his back.

And some more minor irritations: Why is Yara wearing boobplate? Why is kinslaying ok? Why does Euron look younger than Yara? Why all the cock jokes? How they fuck is the Blackfish supposed to lead an army north? I he just going to abandon Riverrun and the Riverlands when he has just taken them back?

47 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

I am actually okay with the deaths of the direwolves.. It's not like they ever did anything with them anyway.

I would be okay with the direwolves dying if it was for a good literary purpose, like they are in the books. Grey Wind and Lady died for literary purposes. Summer, and Shaggydog especially, died for nothing. Symbolism? What's that?

2 minutes ago, The_Gallows_Knight said:

Aside from the last 10-ish minutes I actually liked this episode. But damnit if those last 10-ish minutes wasn't fucking abysmal.

I hate "Hold the door". And I hate how once again they are killing off fairly major characters, like they have done every episode this season so far.

And Summer too. HBO must really hate having to animate the Direwolves. Ghost should watch his back.

And some more minor irritations: Why is Yara wearing boobplate? Why is kinslaying ok? Why does Euron look younger than Yara? Why all the cock jokes? How they fuck is the Blackfish supposed to lead an army north? I he just going to abandon Riverrun and the Riverlands when he has just taken them back?

You seriously ask after just witnessing Littlefinger zipping around Westeros again. The army of the Vale is already assembled at Moat Cailin, which apparently Roose or Ramsey didn't think to garrison. 

39 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Remember when even in the show getting leadership over people actually took some effort?

Robb had to make pacts.

Stannis had to assassinate his brother.

Tyrion had to barter with mountainmen

Dany had to make deals with slavers

Jon had to barter with Mance then with his own men.

Now adays..

Thorne kills Jon with his small group.. rest of NW.. well okay..

Ellaria kills Doran.. he was weak everyone hated him.

Euron kills Balon.. easy breezy tipsy bridgey

Ramsey shanks Roose.. eh he was a cunt anyway

Dany burns all the Khals... we don't like magic but you can survive fire.. you must be leading us now!

This. So much. It is just plain stupid. This bothers more more than anything. Some show only watchers must see this as well, we can't be the only ones. It just takes any kind of tension or weight out of the political stuff on the show.

Just now, Corvinus said:

You seriously ask after just witnessing Littlefinger zipping around Westeros again. The army of the Vale is already assembled at Moat Cailin, which apparently Roose or Ramsey didn't think to garrison. 

Well, I've learned to accept Littlefinger's teleportation powers, but not everyone else's.

44 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

Remember when even in the show getting leadership over people actually took some effort?

Robb had to make pacts.

Stannis had to assassinate his brother.

Tyrion had to barter with mountainmen

Dany had to make deals with slavers

Jon had to barter with Mance then with his own men.

Now adays..

Thorne kills Jon with his small group.. rest of NW.. well okay..

Ellaria kills Doran.. he was weak everyone hated him.

Euron kills Balon.. easy breezy tipsy bridgey

Ramsey shanks Roose.. eh he was a cunt anyway

Dany burns all the Khals... we don't like magic but you can survive fire.. you must be leading us now!

:thumbsup: Pretty much this.

Just now, The_Gallows_Knight said:

Well, I've learned to accept Littlefinger's teleportation powers, but not everyone else's.

To paraphrase a Star Wars trailer - Theon has that power, too. And considering that Sansa, Brienne, and Pod made it the Wall from Winterfell with no trouble at all, I have feeling that Brienne will also develop that power and get to Riverrun in no time.

9 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

To paraphrase a Star Wars trailer - Theon has that power, too. And considering that Sansa, Brienne, and Pod made it the Wall from Winterfell with no trouble at all, I have feeling that Brienne will also develop that power and get to Riverrun in no time.

That's true. I also wonder where the fuck Euron's 1000 warships is going to materialize from. Because you just know that they will be finished way quicker than possible.

19 minutes ago, SeventhReign said:

I would be okay with the direwolves dying if it was for a good literary purpose, like they are in the books. Grey Wind and Lady died for literary purposes. Summer, and Shaggydog especially, died for nothing. Symbolism? What's that?

Consider that Bran is now on the run without anyone to Warg into (or at least no one he has previously warged). It's likely that Summer's death serves a plot purpose. 

3 minutes ago, The_Gallows_Knight said:

That's true. I also wonder where the fuck Euron's 1000 warships is going to materialize from. Because you just know that they will be finished way quicker than possible.

The abundant forests that grow on the Iron Islands. It would be nice if they produced some longships for a change, instead of the the regular galleys or cogs we keep seeing.

Just now, Forlong the Fat said:

Consider that Bran is now on the run without anyone to Warg into (or at least no one he has previously warged). It's likely that Summer's death serves a plot purpose. 

Even so, his death was illogical. They could have put Bran on Summer's back and escaped that way. If they were insistent on killing Summer, they should have made it make sense.

But I see what you mean about Bran being on his own. I just prefer when the direwolves died for symbolistic purposes. Lady died as foreshadowing for what the Lannisters would do to Sansa, and Grey Wind died to symbolize not only Robb's death, but the true downfall of House Stark.

Just now, SeventhReign said:

Even so, his death was illogical. They could have put Bran on Summer's back and escaped that way. If they were insistent on killing Summer, they should have made it make sense.

But I see what you mean about Bran being on his own. I just prefer when the direwolves died for symbolistic purposes. Lady died as foreshadowing for what the Lannisters would do to Sansa, and Grey Wind died to symbolize not only Robb's death, but the true downfall of House Stark.

If you want a symbolic purpose, Summer died with the onset of true Winter. 

27 minutes ago, SeventhReign said:

Hmm. I didn't think about that. I highly doubt the showrunners did either. They're not very good writers. But I do like that. :) That's a cool way of looking at it.

Understatement of the century. You know, thinking individuals often tend to see themselves as better than the plebs and that makes them arrogant, so I try to avoid thinking like that, try to see things from other people's perspectives. But in D&D's case, sometimes I can't help but feel like the only sane man around, despite the fact that everyone keeps praising them for their writing. Not only that, they're giving awards to them for it. To them! What an atrocity. All the while GRRM lost a Hugo back then. I think what happened is that in the earlier seasons, D&D mostly stuck to the books with small and medium changes here and there. They screwed up plenty of times, but the plot made somewhat of a sense.and GRRM's writing was so strong it even shone through the layers of D&D's incompetence. Hell, I even liked the show in the first four seasons. Now that the majority of writing is theirs only, they still keep getting praised for it, because at this point, who would dare criticize the show which has acquired cirtical acclaim worldwide? Mostly no one, that's who.

1 hour ago, The_Gallows_Knight said:

From Game of Thrones Season 6: Inside the Episode #5:

"We had this meeting with George Martin where we're trying to get as much information as possible out of him, and probably the most shocking revelation he had for us, was when he told us the origin of Hodor, or how that name came about. I just remember Dan and I looking at each other when he said that and just being like 'holy shit.'" 

Hey, they finally did something from the upcoming books. That's pretty darn cool by D&D standards.

1 minute ago, Bastard of the Dreadfort said:

From Game of Thrones Season 6: Inside the Episode #5:

"We had this meeting with George Martin where we're trying to get as much information as possible out of him, and probably the most shocking revelation he had for us, was when he told us the origin of Hodor, or how that name came about. I just remember Dan and I looking at each other when he said that and just being like 'holy shit.'" 

Hey, they finally did something from the upcoming books. That's pretty darn cool by D&D standards.

This isn't the first time they've done something from the upcoming books. They blamed the Shireen's burning on George too, even though I bet everything that if it does happen in the books it'll be done differently and with logic. If the "hold the door" situation happens in the book, it won't be nearly as stupid as it was in the show.

Archived