(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

LulaMae Barnes

What I didn't like:

Arya's arc
I am a bit confused by it. I mean we spent 4 episodes with her blind and the goal of all this training was supposed to make her truly forget who she really is? Or at least, it really seemed that way to me... And then they call her "Lady Stark" like it's no issue. It would have been 10x better if she really did forget her identity and if that play made something snap in her head or something.

White Walker origins revealed
I don't mind the fact that the Children create them but the way it was revealed was a bit rushed to me. I am a book reader so I know how important the Children are, I love them and all... but I could imagine how confusing it would be for an unsullied who barely saw or heard about them in the whole show (if not just forget about them)
I know D&D don't want GoT to last to long but the thing is that they actually have material to develop storelines and just give more answers!
We are talking about THE n°1 threat since S1E1 and that scene was like 30sec long... I can totally see people being like "ok next, I wanna see Jon"

Summer's death!
Another direwolf dead, well f*** you D&D! :(

Oh, and can we speak about all that useless nudity?-_-

--------

What I liked

Bran and Hodor' stories. It's finally moving! I don't mind the fact that Bran can warg and use the sight at the samething, and like connect timelines together. I mean, we are talking superpowers here, we don't care about logic.

Torienne!

Jorah's upcoming travel?

As heartbreaking as the Hodor scene(s) where....I'm very dissapointed that this is the route GRRM is going with.  On the "behind the episode" after the show, D&D confirmed that this is how GRRM told them Hodor was going to perish and the origin of his name.  If this is the case...then everything about this episode is a massive book spoiler.  From the COTF creating the WW (which I've always suspected anyways), to BR getting killed.  All of it.  And worst of all....

GRRM is going to do a time paradox with Hodor and the Visions.  I can only shake my head at this....I was SO hoping he wouldn't go that route.  Now we know Bran can influence the past if he so desires, and I'm not a fan at all of this.

30 minutes ago, Brianstorm said:

Wouldn't be so sure, the show timeline and book timeline don't add up, since The Others come after the Pact.

I think the show is officially entering LOST territory. The same way that show ended with a whimper....... Probably why George has previously mentioned hoping ASOIF doesn't bow out the same way. Going forward I now officially expect to be disappointed by the show and the books.

I take a sad face to wear from the house of black & white.

54 minutes ago, lalunadelmar said:

I feel just as frustrated. You would think that one of the first things that Bran asks is how the 3EC ended up in that cave in the first place. There's been some interesting theories that the 3EC (who is a Targaryen) actually may have inadvertently influenced the mad spiral of King Aerys II. Maybe Bran will have some vision of this later on?

I really like this! Weren't there comments made about how the Mad King went mad and started hearing voices? Maybe 3EC (BR) was trying to tell him about plots/plans etc but did a crap job of it making him realise it's dangerous to do so?

I guess it's too expensive to keep the direwolves.

I'm not even going to go into all the things the show has done poorly this season. I'm so done. I now remember why I rage quit last season.

The White Walker origin was terrible. Really stripped the mystery out of them in a way that was almost abrupt and a bit dismissive; seems to be a habit with the show that it handles big concepts in this manner, eg deaths of Roose and Stannis (especially Stannis). I get that it's essentially a cliffnotes version of the books but still...a sense of actual importance for such a massive reveal would be nice.

That said I actually did like how they handled Hodor's death. First genuinely sad culling of a main character in a while now (Stannis, Doran, Osha etc).

15 minutes ago, Trinket2 said:

I guess it's too expensive to keep the direwolves.

Yeah, and the same time they have all those idiot zombies, stokeworth castles, ... such bad allocation of money. 

32 minutes ago, SevasTra82 said:

As heartbreaking as the Hodor scene(s) where....I'm very dissapointed that this is the route GRRM is going with.  On the "behind the episode" after the show, D&D confirmed that this is how GRRM told them Hodor was going to perish and the origin of his name.  If this is the case...then everything about this episode is a massive book spoiler.  From the COTF creating the WW (which I've always suspected anyways), to BR getting killed.  All of it.  And worst of all....

GRRM is going to do a time paradox with Hodor and the Visions.  I can only shake my head at this....I was SO hoping he wouldn't go that route.  Now we know Bran can influence the past if he so desires, and I'm not a fan at all of this.

My take was the George told them Hodor = Hold the door.  But not the rest.  

In other words D&D had a plot point they wanted to tick but context and surrounding events were superfluous.  In other words I am accepting the Hodor will = Hold the Door BUT I fully expect the 'reveal' to be a LOT different.  Possibly without the Time travel.

Bran wargs into past hodor and connects his mind into hearing Meera and older Hodor's cries in he present

This trauma along with viewing his own death through Bran effectively destroys his mind to the point that he can only say hodor for the rest of his life.

If this is the same story out of the book then Bloodraven is really not living up to his potential.

Theon and Yara replace victarion?

Euron with no eye patch and blue lips also no charisma 

9 minutes ago, Johnston said:

In other words D&D had a plot point they wanted to tick but context and surrounding events were superfluous.  In other words I am accepting the Hodor will = Hold the Door BUT I fully expect the 'reveal' to be a LOT different.  Possibly without the Time travel.

If this is the case, I would really like to see how GRRM writes in Hodor saying "Hodor" his whole life *without* the time travel aspect.  It's the only way it makes sense that I can think of.

Sound dialogue complaint Mr Jaqen the quality went in the temple's faces room. The duchess, actress, matriarchess, falalala and fumbled words. Similar in last weeks episode of Penny Dreadful the helplispness by Dracula. The sound quality needed better audio in that room. I rewound it three times sleepily before concluding okay it was the theatres actress, barely making out any of his speech, but the dialogue was falala and the lispnessness. :P

12 minutes ago, Johnston said:

They confirmed that time travel is GRRM's idea, get over it.

3 minutes ago, GeorgeIAF said:

I won't be too surprised if we find out that BR is in fact Bran. Hopefully not.

That wouldn't make much sense. While it's not mentioned in the show, BR is a Targ bastard and used to be a "regular guy". I don't see how Bran fits in there.  BR is clearly a different person. Right ???

As for the overall time-traveling aspect, I really do hope Martin will use it parsimoniously.

4 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

That wouldn't make much sense. While it's not mentioned in the show, BR is a Targ bastard and used to be a "regular guy". I don't see how Bran fits in there.  BR is clearly a different person. Right ???

As for the overall time-traveling aspect, I really do hope Martin will use it parsimoniously.

Yep he was, until he became the 3ER, what if Bran warged him. It sounds stupid though ... I hope the Hodor incident was a one-timer. I fear that Bran having the mark of NK and the power to influence past events means that he is doomed and will meet his end sooner rather than later ...

10 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

BR in the show is a thousand years old. I'm guessing he's actually Bran on GoT and Bran is Bran the Builder.

Archived