(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

LulaMae Barnes

3 hours ago, ununsullied said:

Aaagh!! Me too! I was thinking the same thing!! Just like Lost!!! I LOVED the first 3 series of Lost and I loved the first 4 series of GOT (I've read 1.5 books recently after becoming disappointed with the show) And then it spiralled into the most awful garbage, but I kept watching because I couldn't let myself believe that they hadn't mapped out a plan to the end - but they really were winging it and they couldn't keep it up

This episode reminded me so much of Charlie drowning in the episode 'Through The Looking Glass' and holding up that piece of paper 'Not Pennys Boat' It was foreshadowed all season and it was a bit of a Hodor moment 

OMG yes.  And now I am doing the same thing with GoT.  Tuning in every week and hating every episode but feeling compelled to watch it because at this point I have invested so much time and might as well see it through to what is sure to be a disappointing ending.  Great analogy with the Charlie drowning scene and the Hodor death scene.

Hold the door?  Really?  It's not clever at all, and I'm not giving GRRM a pass on it either.  Terrible.  I am sure it will all be better written if any books ever come out, but at this point I will not bother to read them anyway.  I know GRRM doesn't owe anyone anything and blah blah blah but i can't help but think that his legacy will be that of a writer who couldn't finish his own series and let D&D tell it for him with bland dialog, never ending cock jokes, boobs!, farts, and a warty nutsack.  They don't have time for back stories but they have all the time in the world for nutsack close ups.  How edgy.  They write like 13 year old boys.  

12 hours ago, Valetudo said:

Not true. He has the ultimate weapon, the most important possession of any real man. He has ... a big cock!

Emmy winning writing mateeial!

5 golden dragons on Tormund for the win.  Anybody wanna wager on Euron or Pod?  Either Clegane?  Wun Wun?

(Hey, when your given name sound s a lot like "urine," overcompensating is...understandable).

Regarding Pilou Asbaek, I think the GoT casting team was looking for someone who did some political series (Borgen) and had some affinity with Scandinavian culture (Denmark). They also casted  Birgitte Hjort Sørensen who played alongside Asbaek in the same series and she played the wildling Karsi last season.

Miscast, well, perhaps if we compare this Euron to the books. He seems kinda OK if you just look at him without looking at his name (in a manner of speaking). But we'll never know if Asbaek plays the Euron D&D wants or that Asbaek does his own interpretation and is not up to par. I miss Vikings' Ragnar Lodbrok touch. To think of it, wouldn't he make a badass Euron ;)

17 minutes ago, DebL66 said:

OMG yes.  And now I am doing the same thing with GoT.  Tuning in every week and hating every episode but feeling compelled to watch it because at this point I have invested so much time and might as well see it through to what is sure to be a disappointing ending.  Great analogy with the Charlie drowning scene and the Hodor death scene.

Hold the door?  Really?  It's not clever at all, and I'm not giving GRRM a pass on it either.  Terrible.  I am sure it will all be better written if any books ever come out, but at this point I will not bother to read them anyway.  I know GRRM doesn't owe anyone anything and blah blah blah but i can't help but think that his legacy will be that of a writer who couldn't finish his own series and let D&D tell it for him with bland dialog, never ending cock jokes, boobs!, farts, and a warty nutsack.  They don't have time for back stories but they have all the time in the world for nutsack close ups.  How edgy.  They write like 13 year old boys.  

I agree. I was in shock at how much the standard had dropped in this one episode. It's like suddenly I was watching Harry Potter.

3 hours ago, Daenerys_Is_Coming said:

I used the Lost analogy last week! That is a great example of a show that I was emotionally invested in for 6 season before it completely went off the rails. I still get angry when I think about the Golden Shower cave and the ridiculous Alison Janey - Mother Mary storyline. I think this has actually helped me prepare for being disappointed by the GOT ending. I'm not being a pessimist ... just setting expectations. I hope they surprise me. 

I am still so bitter about that show.  I kept tuning in even though it was awful because I kept thinking it would somehow wrap up in a satisfactory manner. Just like I am doing now with GoT.

You're right though, it does help a bit in preparing for this ending.  

4 hours ago, Daenerys_Is_Coming said:

I used the Lost analogy last week! That is a great example of a show that I was emotionally invested in for 6 season before it completely went off the rails. I still get angry when I think about the Golden Shower cave and the ridiculous Alison Janey - Mother Mary storyline. I think this has actually helped me prepare for being disappointed by the GOT ending. I'm not being a pessimist ... just setting expectations. I hope they surprise me. 

Bravo for this!

Now if only they tell Charles Widmore about the Nights King aka Benjamin Linus he will utilize Desmond's immunity to dragonglass electromagnetism!

Boobs, warty cocks and direwolves dragons!

1 hour ago, YOVMO said:

You see, Gendry is rowing around the world near light speed and under total cover of stealth. First he got the sand snakes to the port at Kings Landing and he has been getting Baelish all around. It was prophesized that a hero would come and row a boat.

I knew it. What else would the heir to Storm's End do.

Why is it that the origin of Hodor's name and disability was treated as a much bigger reveal than the whole Others-COTF thing which was immediately glossed over?

10 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Why is it that the origin of Hodor's name and disability was treated as a much bigger reveal than the whole Others-COTF thing which was immediately glossed over?

Not even Bran seems phased about it.

Then again, that might have been the first time he's seen anyone related to a White Walker, so maybe he just assumed everyone knew.

15 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

D&D probably thought that we were more emotionally invested with Hodor. Looking at the reactions on social media they were right, people are crying (wolf). The WW is just a plot device that we had to chew through, so moving along!

8 hours ago, Risto said:

the illustration looks like  early to late 90s anime-fan wish fulfillment tbh.

the show depiction looks like he could actually be related to Theon Greyjoy.

those pretty blue eyes set apart and that lovely sandy blonde hair.

8 minutes ago, VladimirDulud said:

And this vague resemblence with Daario but we aren't going that route. The cardgame depicts him as a generic pirate type with black hair.

59 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Think about the logic........Bran can travel through time and change things. He can interact with people.

He has two options:

- Warg into Hodor and turn him retarded and inept

- Speak to the CotF in the past and warn them NOT to make the Others

Which one sounds smarter?

I know which one GRRM chose. Even D$D probably thought GRRM was joking. "But George...why not save Robb or stop the Others from being made"?

GRRM's response "$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$".

46 minutes ago, VladimirDulud said:

the show depiction looks like he could actually be related to Theon Greyjoy.

those pretty blue eyes set apart and that lovely sandy blonde hair.

There are many others depictions... Yeah, it is a bit fanficy, but still, Euron is supposed to be some sort of wish-fulfillment. When he talks about marrying Dany, you are supposed to believe him. When he speaks about crazy adventures and dangerous life, you are supposed to believe in that. Euron is not supposed to be ordinary. He is not supposed to be plain, there is a dash of exotic spirit to him and in this actor, I don't see that. 

Had a while to process my thoughts on the episode.

Criticisms. Im sick of complaining about Littlefinger and the fact he apparently has his own personal aircraft. So lets move on to his scene.

We recently started to feel that Sansa has been learning the game. In one piece of dialogue, she plays her hand to Littlefinger and undoes a lot of that work. For me, she came across as that silly little girl again who fails to realise the danger of turning down Littlefinger but also the merit in using the Knights of the Vale. Brienne, again shes portrayed as a one dimensional brute. If you dont answer Muh Sansa in a timely fashion ill kill you. Piss off Brienne.

Plus side, shes heading to the Riverlands. Lets pray she meets up with a noose.

Iron Islands.

What possible reason did they have to vote for Euron? He had nothing but a dick joke. The ONLY reason they vote for him is the Dragon Horn. He doesnt even have that. He is uncharismatic, quite boring and when did Kin and Kingslayer become a passing hobby? Kin and Kingslaying has been shown as the worst crimes, the thing of curses. Yet this season we have three Kinslayings and a Kingslayer combo.

The Kingsmoot vote is by the Captains of the Iron Islands. If that many people followed Asha, SHE WOULDVE WON THE FUCKING VOTE!

Braavos.

Oh good, Arya is back to being hit by a stick. Her story goes forward one step, back 5 steps. Huzzuh. This story is nothing but a bore. If you want to keep her relevant every episode, atleast show her killing someone. Did we really need the cock shot?

The Spider and the Dwarf Show.

I like how were are having trade offs here. We have choices being made which have negative and positive outcomes. I dont think we had a cock joke here. So, win win.

Vaes Dothrak.

I liked this scene. Iain is a great actor. This scene had some real emotion. However, I can see something terrible a mile away. Weve just been introduced to Dany as Azor Ahai. Dany showed some real emotion for Jorah. Not love, but a deep admiration and a great bond. I have this sinking pit in my stomach that Jorah will ask her to end his life once the Greyscale gets too much. He will become Nissa Nissa and we have our Azor Ahai. If this happens I quit.

Frozen Wastes

Its quite clear to me that they are shedding CGI budget pretty hard. For everyone that used the size of Shaggydog's head as a conspiracy theory. Summer looked dreadfully small this episode. They clearly dont have much else planned for the Direwolves, so just kill them. This to me puts a nail in the coffin to everyone thinking Shaggydog is alive and well.

Summer goes out in a blaze of glor....no wait, wasnt glory, more disappointment. Yes, a blaze of disappointment. Also, CotF suicide bomber, yeah that was lame. The skeleton CGI is also abysmal.

Happy with the Hodor scene. Long time since ive cried in this show but this was a real tearjerker. Interested in whats going to happen to Bran now though. Current theory, We know that ShowThreeEyedRaven isnt Bloodraven, due to him being "~1000 years old". Bran has opened a time paradox. Bran is the ThreeEyedRaven jumping weirdwoods through time.

14 minutes ago, Misnthropia said:

Had a while to process my thoughts on the episode.

Criticisms. Im sick of complaining about Littlefinger and the fact he apparently has his own personal aircraft. So lets move on to his scene.

We recently started to feel that Sansa has been learning the game. In one piece of dialogue, she plays her hand to Littlefinger and undoes a lot of that work. For me, she came across as that silly little girl again who fails to realise the danger of turning down Littlefinger but also the merit in using the Knights of the Vale. Brienne, again shes portrayed as a one dimensional brute. If you dont answer Muh Sansa in a timely fashion ill kill you. Piss off Brienne.

Plus side, shes heading to the Riverlands. Lets pray she meets up with a noose.

I totally agree with a lot of what you've said here! I think the last few minutes with Hodor made up for all the crap that came before it. 

I especially agree that the Sansa we are seeing now is simply the Sansa of King's Landing days... a wishful little girl who thinks she knows what she wants and what she's doing. Making mistakes at every turn. I just don't buy this whole new "empowerment" storyline they are giving her. When did she earn that? She didn't escape from Winterfell on her own, and showed no signs of strategy or making an escape plan when she was captive. Now we are to believe she can lead an army? It's just not sticking with me. I really hate how they have to push Jon "down" to bring Sansa "up"

Sadly, Brienne has become a one-dimensional joke. 

Archived