(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

LulaMae Barnes

47 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

So why don't you explain to us how on the show. Cersei was changed by this traumatic event. 

Hard to believe I need to answer this question, especially given what I've already posted. For a start, she's openly mocked in the street, barred from access to power, barred from her daughter's funeral, partially estranged from her son. 

If you expect personal growth and reflection, you don't understand who she is. At all. 

12 minutes ago, The Knight in Motley said:

Playing it over in my head, I don't see Summer leaping at the White Walkers, in my mind its more like he was thrown into them.  I wonder if one of the wolves was caught reading the books, or overheard saying something bad about the script and so was killed off.

I also have to wonder if D&D will try to pass off Hodor not becoming an Ice Zombie due to his mental handicap.

This made me laugh so hard. poor wolves, Shaggy must have been doing the same thing. Ghost and Nymeria better play dumb and suck up tons.

Cersie barely seems changed from the walk of shame. The ones who are acting against her were already against her.A power shift could occur naturally with Cersie just being incarcerated for so long. Cersie just walks around the castle looking sad or pissed but never like she is going mad.

41 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

How many people, aside from the people locked in the room with his corpse, can actually confirm with personal knowledge and not hearsay that he truly died and was brought back instead of just badly injured.

They knew.  

It's assumed that the audience would understand a sequence of events that happened prior to a scene they are now showing.  

Why would they all be in the courtyard.  There would have been explanations.  Sworn testimony if you will.  I'm sure some evidence.  Jon's many cuts, he would have bled out, all the blood, etc..

Anyway, I'm just surprised at the nitpicking when was is on screen is perfectly logical.  

2 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

Hard to believe I need to answer this question, especially given what I've already posted. For a start, she's openly mocked in the street, barred from access to power, barred from her daughter's funeral, partially estranged from her son. 

If you expect personal growth and reflection, you don't understand who she is. At all. 

So the answer is, no change, got it.

51 minutes ago, Charlie Of House Bucket said:

The flimsy technicality is that death usually is something we might call final, which I would suppose is the point of those words in the oath, "It shall not end until my death."  If he's ultimately living, his watch should resume. 

Is it your impression something different will happen in the books? Details may differ but it's hard to believe (I) he won't be resurrected, and (ii) he won't leave the nights watch. 

Cersei felt 'changed' for maybe a few seconds.  Instead it feels like the showrunners decided to side with Cersei: she was unjustly imprisoned by the faith and the walk of shame was inflicted upon her, but she stood tall and endured it.

I'm sure if she ends up blowing up anything with wildfire, it will be the sept, and the people will be 100% behind the decision.

I do believe this is not intended to be a debate thread due to the desires of some to come in and prod others.  "Did the Walk of Shame have any Consequences" should be its own thread.

6 minutes ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

So the answer is, no change, got it.

Goal post moving much? Your first complaint was that there were not scenes reacting to her walk of shame. The truth is there's hardly been a a scene in King's Landing this year that did not address the repercussions. 

Now your complaint seems to be that you expected her to be chastened, change her ways, or have some meaningful reaction when the sine qua non of her character is oblivious belief in her superiority and correctness. 

Just now, Forlong the Fat said:

Is it your impression something different will happen in the books? Details may differ but it's hard to believe (I) he won't be resurrected, and (ii) he won't leave the nights watch. 

Oh no.  I think the only point of Jon Snow's death from a literary perspective was exactly to get him out of the black.  I wasn't really trying to say it was such a bad thing either - just that it's arguable whether it should so easily be seen as a true release from his oath. 

Actually.....

Because reasons.

Cersei was barred from the funeral by being imprisoned more or less by Tommen to protect her.

She has no power on the small council because she isn't technically part of it anymore.

Cersei just had her second child murdered and had to endure torture by solitude and hunger and a walk through the streets.

Yet she is essentially the same character. Any doubt was resolved by Jamie's pep talk and any of the madness seeping into her character in book is gone.

Sure she has very high resolve but we should start to see a few cracks in the basis of dead child number 2 and walk of shame.

Otherwise they aren't human anymore. They're just robots moving the plot along.

Same with Jon coning back from the dead.

I think with Jon, he should have changed but his story overlaps Sansa's and his character development seems to be on hold so she can be a badass/central plot pusher. Maybe towards the end of the season we will see whats changed with him. 

34 minutes ago, The Knight in Motley said:

If you are going to remove every. single. interesting. part. of Euron's character...then why in the drowned-god's soggy dick joke would you even bother to film...whatever that was.  It honestly felt like the entire purpose of Euron was to justify Yara stealing the fleet.

Or to just sock it to the book readers yet again by bringing in a sidestory for the sole purpose of butchering it.

Quite honestly, does anyone not believe we are at the stage where the showrunners knowingly react to criticism within the show just to show off their power over it?  People complain about no direwolves, they kill two of them off this season.  Unequal nudity? Lets put a giant warted cock on screen, followed by some young perky gratuitits.  A plot doesn't make sense? Lets just blatantly mention that it doesn't, then do nothing about it.

You forgot Dorne Debacle

4 hours ago, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

The main problem with the show is that thing happen, but they have no consequences, so they might as well not have happened. That's why a bunch of things "happen" each episode but watching it feels like nothing is happening, because none of what happens changes anything.

Cersei is paraded through the streets naked, but in the show if they had just send her back to the Red Keep without the WoS we'd be at exactly the same place. She's not changed, the way the public see her has not changed, nothing has changed. 

Jon died and came back, but he may as well never have died.

You're on hundred percent right. Nothing matters (except when the writers want something shocking to happen). Cersei's walk has done nothing to her but allowed her to scheme as she's always done. Jaime's escape from Robb's forces had no consequences--look at how little he has changed.

Jon may as well have opened his eyes the first moments of the season opener for the all the time wasted looking at a dead body and every viewer knowing exactly how he'd go back.

The show's a jumbled, bumbling mess. 

2 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

So Summer was drop kicked into the wights...

We are starting to believe the evidence that Summer read the books. As a result of this Sin summer was sentenced to death ( at a secret trial hastily convened by D$D) and bravely summer chose a trial by combat, as was his wont. We will never see the likes of Summer again! 

Remember when Melisandre was an interesting and mysterious character? Now we're lucky if she even gets more dialogue or screentime than Brienne. If she thinks the plank of wood is TPTWP why doesnt she have sex with him and make a shadow baby to kill Ramsay??

4 hours ago, The Knight in Motley said:

If you are going to remove every. single. interesting. part. of Euron's character...then why in the drowned-god's soggy dick joke would you even bother to film...whatever that was.  It honestly felt like the entire purpose of Euron was to justify Yara stealing the fleet.

Or to just sock it to the book readers yet again by bringing in a sidestory for the sole purpose of butchering it.

Quite honestly, does anyone not believe we are at the stage where the showrunners knowingly react to criticism within the show just to show off their power over it?  People complain about no direwolves, they kill two of them off this season.  Unequal nudity? Lets put a giant warted cock on screen, followed by some young perky gratuitits.  A plot doesn't make sense? Lets just blatantly mention that it doesn't, then do nothing about it.

Well I wouldnt dobut it these are the same showrunners that spent 5mins on Tyrion saying how retarded cousin Orson (Scott Card) is.

Archived