(SPOILERS) Criticise Without Reprecussion - Rant & Tear apart

LulaMae Barnes

2 hours ago, Neds Secret said:

We are starting to believe the evidence that Summer read the books. As a result of this Sin summer was sentenced to death ( at a secret trial hastily convened by D$D) and bravely summer chose a trial by combat, as was his wont. We will never see the likes of Summer again! 

More like he chose suicide by wight.

Sorry, kid. I can't take it anymore. The bad dialogue, the nonexistent character development, the plot holes, the WTF, the direwolves as forgotten fluffy pets... 

12 hours ago, Daenerys_Is_Coming said:

Don't feel the need to defend your critiques. That is exactly what they are, critiques of a show/scene/character that you felt could have been done better. The whole "rant" word is tossed around to shame us into thinking our opinions are invalid because they may be negative.

You're not wrong and you have a valid point.

That should be in every opening post of the rant thread!

In the books we got this awesome pirate/iron born king that is a real threat to entire westeros and danny, got huge charisma and magic horn that binds dragons to his will,also he brings chests of gold and gems to proove that he was all around the world reaving and pillaging. In show we get this chubby fuck who got nothing but cock in his hand and few brainwashed iron borns that follow him because he got a dick and killed his own brother. I was so enraged when I saw kingsmoot for which i've been waiting since I saw first season of GoT ( which was by the way AWESOME ). they killed my most favourite book character and I feel like what theon have been through with ramsey , except the ones holding the knife now are D&D.

*Ringing bell and shouting SHAME ! *

7 hours ago, Forlong the Fat said:

Is it your impression something different will happen in the books? Details may differ but it's hard to believe (I) he won't be resurrected, and (ii) he won't leave the nights watch. 

Yes, I do believe GRRM will do it a little different. He will do the resurrection while Jon’s body is being prepared for the funeral pyre. You know, when all the NW brothers say the “And now his watch is(has) ended.”. And that will make all the difference in the world.

The NW brothers themselves will acknowledge that he did his part for the watch, and a resurrected Jon will be a free agent, without having to chose to break his oaths himself, because he is pissed, and wants to go somewhere warm. I cringed at that part. NW or no, he knows the WW are coming, and he will fight for the side that fights for the living, oath or no oath.  

I guess D&D wanted to keep the pyre scene and anything related to some sort of fire resistance(he might get some if a ritual by Mel is involved) only for Dany, so Jon had to take a hit instead, as usual.   

15 minutes ago, Lord Syv Aldlark said:

I am still bothered by the idea of WW being created by dragon glass.. before dragons were a thing and because that's like using kryotobite to create superman

Dont worry no one else seems to either Hodor is all thst matters from Bran's story lol

On 5/23/2016 at 3:05 AM, Gaius Gracchus said:

How are they gonna build a fleet of 1000 ships from scratch? That would take like 20 years haha.

Also why was Summer white/killed?

Maybe Euron is actually a faceless man from Braavos and can tap into their mad ship-building skills.  Might explain the missing eye patch...

11 hours ago, HellasLEAF said:

It was obvious.  If you don't like 100%.  I'll go with 90%.  Astonishing the things that get picked apart in this thread.  The speech of Euron.  Sure.  Daenery's scene?  I cannot for the life of me understand what was so wrong with that, and Daenery has had some poor dialogue prior to this..

dude the "i command you to find the cure" bit was awful they could've just ended the scene in jorah confessing his love and walking away (to die under a bush like a dog) and dany with tears in her eyes and it would've been a much stronger scene. the guy is dying but he got to help his love, daenerys is sad because even with all her power (a.k.a armies, dragons, etc) can't do shit for this man who risked all for her and her cause. the "i command you..." bit wasn't needed and for sure it wasn't good.

5 hours ago, tormund's beard said:

dude the "i command you to find the cure" bit was awful they could've just ended the scene in jorah confessing his love and walking away (to die under a bush like a dog) and dany with tears in her eyes and it would've been a much stronger scene. the guy is dying but he got to help his love, daenerys is sad because even with all her power (a.k.a armies, dragons, etc) can't do shit for this man who risked all for her and her cause. the "i command you..." bit wasn't needed and for sure it wasn't good.

This whole episode was like a poorly done James Cameron ripoff. The Aliens sacrifice scene. Now this, I realize, is the John Connor "I order you not to go! I order you!" at the end of T2. Except Furlong's acting (this may be the only time anyone has said this) was emotional and powerful, while Dany's ordering was kind of like...drawing out an overdrawn, already confused plotline. They should have just had Drogon swoop in and light a lake on fire so they could lower Jorah into the lake while Dany "ordered" him to find a cure.

2 minutes ago, Simon Steele said:

This whole episode was like a poorly done James Cameron ripoff. The Aliens sacrifice scene. Now this, I realize, is the John Connor "I order you not to go! I order you!" at the end of T2. Except Furlong's acting (this may be the only time anyone has said this) was emotional and powerful, while Dany's ordering was kind of like...drawing out an overdrawn, already confused plotline. They should have just had Drogon swoop in and light a lake on fire so they could lower Jorah into the lake while Dany "ordered" him to find a cure.

They use an enormous amount of films, books or TV shows as inspiration for their work, ...

but are not able to use anything from the  ASOIAF books!

I don't have a rant so much as an observation.  I was on another site, one having nothing to do with GOT.  The blog owner watches Got and frequently summarizes the previous episode or talks up the highlights.  The blogger has not read the books and has stated that she has no intention to do so, so when she posts about the show, it is in a naive way.  

After The Door, she wrote something like .... the only 3 people to have killed white walkers are Sam, Meera, and Jon (i think this is correct, right?).  The poster went on to conclude that maybe only good-hearted people, or people serving others or a greater good, can kill the white walkers. She meant Sam protecting Gilly, Meera for Bran, and Jon for the Hardhome wildings.  From the books and the show, it seems more obvious that the correct weapons are more useful than a happy heart :-) but I can't help but wonder about intent, motivation, and desire.  

Archived