Does Bran need a weirwood to have visions?

If he does, there could be a disappointing turn of events where he won't be near one{ Ep. 5 SPOILERS

Spoiler

because after this episode (which i spoiled myself with; watched the leaked stream), Bran won't be near a weirwood, since the Others flushed them out.

I think he does need them though. *cry*. Since they are the only things that have been through the past, present, and will likely last into the future, it's through them that Bran can see through time. Having a limit like this would be extremely unsatisfying for book and show viewers alike, especially because Bran will soon be on the move, and weirwoods aren't around the corner. If he doesn't find another tree, who knows when we'll see another vision--looking at you TOJ flashback, you slippery bitch. Anyways, let's pray to the Old and New gods that this doesn't happen.   

He remains in his vision after Hodor drags him out, and the preview for next week shows him still in a vision despite being outside the cave. Maybe he needs a weirwood to start a vision, or maybe without the weirwood he won't be as strong. But it's a good point.

But north of the Wall there should be plenty of weirwoods for him to have his fun anyway.

Archived