CotF and the White Walkers

Nymeria_Stark

I'd heard once before on the forums that the Children of the Forest and the White Walkers were "cousin" Races, if that's the right term. I just saw the scene where Bran watches a group of CotF "making" the first White Walker using a living man as a "sacrifice". I get their reasoning, but now I'm wondering if this is also true according to GRRM. Ya know, if it's canon to the books or if it's a detail created by D&D.

Also, given this new detail, I'm also wondering once again what the WW's ultimate goal is. Do they want to conquer the wall and with it all of Westeros? Or are they searching for a way to return to Human form? Hmm, so many questions from one detail!

I've long suspected that the White Walkers were a curse by the Children as a result of men breaking the Pact.  Their "goal" seems to be to eradicate humanity.  Perhaps Bloodraven (the Three Eyed Raven) has been keeping the White Walkers at bay, and perhaps with his age his powers were in decline and with Bran's birth and ascension of his power the 3ER was no longer to keep them at bay, thus why the White Walkers are on the move again, and why they're after Bran before he gets powerful enough to stop them. 

10 minutes ago, -Ghost- said:

So why do the Others want to kill the CotF if they created them? 

I imagine it's because once they saw what they were capable of, they wanted to stop them. Plus they were harbouring the 3ER, whom I imagine is powerful enough to keep them at bay as was said above. I can see the Children helping build the wall now but staying on the other side as their penance for what they had done.

And they couldn't just show up at Winterfell on the premiere, carefully explain everything to the freaking King of Westeros and get everyone working together to contain/defeat the White Walkers, right? Or just kill Craster 50 years ago?

Nooo... they had to take a crippled Stark all the way to that cave while men destroyed each other in the Wot5K.

Quoting Sansa, either they are idiots, or they are enemies

The explanation seemed off, sorry they used humans to create whites yet the whites were defeated by Azor Ahai disappearing and then the wall was built. When the Nightking has greenseer powers, as he marked Bran; Meaning, the Night King is a corrupted greenseer? Therefore showing the Whites are also probably likely corrupted whom? Does it mean Bran is the pawn moving to checkmate against the NightKing his purpose. As the three eyed raven also just transferred powers creating the Hodor paradox, showing there is always a raven. While the wall was just foreshadowed again by Jon?

You can add this, based on "Last Hero" myth, Last Hero who went to find Children of the Forest, lost all of his friends and companions and then he found the Children. Does it mean the myth is perverted and "Last Hero" is actually the first ever White Walker created by the Children?

2 minutes ago, Masha said:

You can add this, based on "Last Hero" myth, Last Hero who went to find Children of the Forest, lost all of his friends and companions and then he found the Children. Does it mean the myth is perverted and "Last Hero" is actually the first ever White Walker created by the Children?

No, I think The Last Hero (who I also believe to be Azor Ahai) was Bran the Builder, who after helping defeat the White Walkers, helped construct the Wall, and became a human greenseer himself.

We are missing the horn of winter, their numbers, the fact they have gained greenseer power the mark on Bran when no greenseers were sacrificed. The gap of Azor Ahai showing more numbers, I suppose they can repeat the ritual but without the power? As the legend was reiterated again by Varys. I wish more time had been committed to that scene rather than odd minute?

The book explanation hmm might contain far more detail, my question is their corruption, specifically the ice countering the red priests/ess power of vision as well. Explaining Coldhands? If the book takes the benjen route possibly some are human, but there is more behind their corruption and control?

Clarifying Bran's purpose now a checkmate and also the fact paradoxes are in effect, leading to other gems.

44 minutes ago, Masha said:

Yes, that is exactly what I get out of it.

Don't forget the last hero had 13 companions and the Nights King was the 13th LC - they were likely one and the same person, perverted by time and legend.

WWs are essentially pact 2 - that failed exactly the same as pact 1. The real threat to Westeros' stability has always been and will always be the invasion of humans from the East.

48 minutes ago, Masha said:

I'm pretty sure that the myth is about Bran: that Bran himself is the Last Hero.

Archived