Discussing Sansa XXIII: Lady Stork and her flock

Mladen

I would have liked to have seen Sansa seize Littlefinger, go to Moat Cailin and expose him for the scheming, lying c&*t that he is, and execute him. Lord Royce and the knights of the Vale would declare for her and shore up the forces against the Ramsay Bolton.  The way the scene ended with each character walking away was an epic WTF? moment.

On 26/5/2016 at 2:26 AM, Lord Freddy Blackfyre said:

1-In the beggining is was the then Youn Lady Stark who betrayed her family, first with the Arya and Butcher's son affair and later when she talk Queen Cersei of Ned's plan to send her to Winterfell.

When was that?

2-Littlefinger offer take her out of King's Landing when Robb was still alive, the little lady refused because she wanted to marry Loras Tyrell.

How do you know what LF was panning to do?

4-When Littlefinger talk to her about the marriage with Ramsay Bolton she refused at first but later she willingly accepted the union.

And? Did she knew what Ramsey was?

I'd say that Lady Sansa Bolton is the one who must not be trusted

Cool. When we will have a Sansa Lannister Bolton we will not trust her.

42 minutes ago, Lord Freddy Blackfyre said:

But Sansa is THE Lady Bolton in the show and of course in the books she still is a Lady Lannister, married to the rightful heir of Casterly Rock, she has not claim to winterfell as long as Bran (THE one and only Lord of Winterfell) and his heir Rickon are still alive.

She can't be, as you said, "THE Lady Bolton" as Sansa wasn't born a Bolton, nor she is ruling anything under the name. In the books, she is not Lady Lannister, for the same reason (Cersei is the Lady Lannister, as she is, after all, the current ruling figure of Westerlands). Furthermore, Sansa has a claim. It is not stronger claim than Bran's or Rickon's, but as the daughter of Ned Stark, she is in succession line and as such has the claim.

Risto stop with the feminist nonsense. Cersei is a queen, Kings and Queen are known by the first name or the name they choose.  In the midle age (and this is a fantasy set in an alternative midle age universe) when they got married stop being considered part of their biological families and belong to the one of their husband. In the ancient Rome for example if a man got married and went to live in the house of the woman he was considered as a new member of the family and the daughter (now wife) was just the spouse of the new son of the family.  Sansa in the books is marry to Tyrion Lannister, she is Sansa Lannister as much as her mother was Catelyn Stak and her aunt Lysa Arryn.  Of course, when it was convinience to her Lady Stark used her Tully name. Same thing with Queen Cersei because as much as she hated the connection with the House Baratheon and rather be a Lannister the only reason why she was a Queen is because she was THE Lady Baratheon.

In the show Sansa got her first marriage annulled and got married with the heir of house Bolton, now the new Lord Bolton what make Sansa THE Lady Bolton, Lady of Dreadfort.

Just now, Lord Freddy Blackfyre said:

Risto stop with the feminist nonsense. Cersei is a queen, Kings and Queen are known by the first name or the name they choose.  In the midle age (and this is a fantasy set in an alternative midle age universe) when they got married stop being considered part of their biological families and belong to the one of their husband. In the ancient Rome for example if a man got married and went to live in the house of the woman he was considered as a new member of the family and the daughter (now wife) was just the spouse of the new son of the family.  Sansa in the books is marry to Tyrion Lannister, she is Sansa Lannister as much as her mother was Catelyn Stak and her aunt Lysa Arryn.  Of course, when it was convinience to her Lady Stark used her Tully name. Same thing with Queen Cersei because as much as she hated the connection with the House Baratheon and rather be a Lannister the only reason why she was a Queen is because she was THE Lady Baratheon.

In the show Sansa got her first marriage annulled and got married with the heir of house Bolton, now the new Lord Bolton what make Sansa THE Lady Bolton, Lady of Dreadfort.

It is not feminist nonsense, it is how GRRM wrote his books. The issue is with him, not me :) Now, Cersei chose the name of her own family, just like Margaery, Daenerys or Elia. Catelyn was named Tully half of the time, Lysa too. Martin unquestionably didn't make Sansa a Lannister, as you claim, as all in-universe characters refer to her "Sansa Stark" long after the marriage. So, no, she is not Sansa Lannister in the books, as you will never hear that. On the other hand, you will read that Sansa has been named Stark dozens of time by myriad of individuals. Stannis had to play "Lady Lannister" card because he wanted Jon whom he believed would be loyal to him. It is quite the hypocrisy of him, but it is, as Jon reminded him, pointless. More than that, given that Martin left the entire Sansa/Tyrion marriage vulnerable to annulment (Tyrion's previous marriage, forced marriage, not consummated), there is a chance that we would end with the scenario as if marriage never actually happened. 

As for the show, Sansa married Ramsay but remained Stark. Roose Bolton in one sentence names her Stark, what 2,3,4 times? Also, she is not Lady of Dreadfort, first, because she is not its heiress and second, well, it seems it is not part of Ramsay's title (per TV's version of Pink letter, he is Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North).

Once again, I will remind everyone that Internet is a big place and that there are a lot of places where Sansa Bolton discussions are welcomed. People can even open threads on this forum. As the OP of this thread, I will politely ask of everyone to demonstrate certain respect and try not to offend or hurt others by arguing that anyone should be known for their rapist's name. Let we try to approach this sensitive topic with a bit grace. 

3 minutes ago, Taylor Swift said:

Since Ramsay is dead this season, all this is irrelevant. House Bolton doesn't exist anymore.

Technically in the books she is indeed Sansa Lannister, but this plot point will only recur once Tyrion returns to Westeros.

Until then she remains Sansa Stark, sister of King Jon Stark.

Technically speaking, she was never named Sansa Lannister in the books. On the other hand, there are numerous occasions where Sansa has been named Sansa Stark after the wedding by virtually everyone in the universe (herself included).

On 5/23/2016 at 0:44 AM, Xcorpyo001 said:

Ohhh boy, you have to be certifiably insane to use the words player and Sansa in the same sentence.

LF: I want to make it up to you by giving you an army twice the size of anything Ramsay can have at his command, no strings attached

Sansa: Hard pass.

LF/Brienne/Cersei/Marg/Dany/Ellaria/Tommen/Moonboy: :bang:

Mace Tyrell: “I’m sorry that my mother, the Queen of Thorns, can’t join you in this exercise, but the stupidity of that answer was so great, her poor old heart just exploded from shock. She will be missed.”

The Lord Defender of the Vale is her cousin. A guy that likes her. So does lord Royce. All she had to do was go to them and she could have circumvented LF completely. Or accept his help now, and find out a way to stab him in the back later. But nooo, that would mean that she can actually plan ahead a move or two, and we can’t have that.

Ahhh, and let’s not forget LF’s parting line about her half brother. So, last episode it was all laughs and she convinced Jon to fight for Winterfell. One chat with LF later, she is all lies, calling Jon a bastard and trying to get power for herself.

We have last episode. You’re the son of the last Warden of the North. Northern families are loyal. They’ll fight for you if you ask.

And we have the next episode, after she had a chat with LF. No, but I do(have Stark name). Jon is as much Ned’s son as Ramsay is Roose Bolton’s.

She already is looking for a way to stab Jon in the back, and get more power for herself. But the only reason Jon is contemplating doing this is because she pushed him into doing it in the first place.

She could have tried her games with anyone. But she is doing it with the only person that trust her implicitly, her brother. Ohhh, and her pride in not accepting LF help and the Vale troops probably signed Rickon’s death sentence. And raised the chances of Jon dying during the battle against a bigger enemy force. Way to go Sansa, real playa’. After all, both Jon and Rickon have to kick the bucket in order for you to became queen inn the North. Not even Cersei or Ellaria actively plotted against their own flesh and blood. Not without a good reason, not one as pedestrian as greed and thirst for power. Well, there was a guy that did just that. Ramsay Bolton. Aka the father of her future child(she was laying it thick about how Ramsay wanted to make sure she gets pregnant with his heir).

And her ideas during the planning scene. Actually thinking that  the Karstarks might turn to her side because she’s a Stark, lol. I liked how Davos was so polite in shutting down all her silly ideas. Others might have used harsher words. And mentioning the Blackfish. Knowing that the only source of information is LF. The guy she didn’t trusted with the Vale troops, that would have helped her anyway. After all, SR is her cousin, while the Blackfish is her distant uncle. And the army at Riverrun. The guy probably has soldiers only to keep the castle, not spare thousands to send on a suicide mission through the Twins and Moat Cailin, both in the hands of the enemy, and both though to be impregnable in a direct battle from the south(the ironborn came from the north). I guess they’ll just teleport lol.

That smile at the end of the planning session. Ha ha ha, I lied to my brother. I’m such a playa. It’s sad to see her so easily manipulated by LF. And from all the enemies in the world, she has to start her machinations against her own flesh and blood. I have one word for that. Pathetic.    

It's hard for me to not break my keyboard in response to this, since there is a lot of undeserved hatred in your post. Sansa has been routinely abused and manipulated by people for six years. Do you think she is going to give Jon all of her trust overnight? And your assumptions that she is planning to stab him in the back and manipulate him? Do you know anyone who has been through trauma and has trust issues? The way in Sansa acted was very believable for someone who has been through what she has. I do not think that she trusts Petyr, but she omitted mentioning him as she in my mind is waiting for him to keep his word to her. He was the one who left her to Ramsay and didn't even do some background research. So obviously Sansa is being cautious and wary of people. I do not think that Sansa is power hungry. I honestly do not think that she wants to rule at this point. All I can say is that you are exceedingly mistaken about Sansa/ 

On 5/23/2016 at 0:57 AM, GeorgeIAF said:

I think Sansa is doomed.

I do not think so. 

On 6/5/2016 at 3:04 PM, Risto said:

It is not feminist nonsense, it is how GRRM wrote his books. The issue is with him, not me :) Now, Cersei chose the name of her own family, just like Margaery, Daenerys or Elia. Catelyn was named Tully half of the time, Lysa too. Martin unquestionably didn't make Sansa a Lannister, as you claim, as all in-universe characters refer to her "Sansa Stark" long after the marriage. So, no, she is not Sansa Lannister in the books, as you will never hear that. On the other hand, you will read that Sansa has been named Stark dozens of time by myriad of individuals. Stannis had to play "Lady Lannister" card because he wanted Jon whom he believed would be loyal to him. It is quite the hypocrisy of him, but it is, as Jon reminded him, pointless. More than that, given that Martin left the entire Sansa/Tyrion marriage vulnerable to annulment (Tyrion's previous marriage, forced marriage, not consummated), there is a chance that we would end with the scenario as if marriage never actually happened. 

As for the show, Sansa married Ramsay but remained Stark. Roose Bolton in one sentence names her Stark, what 2,3,4 times? Also, she is not Lady of Dreadfort, first, because she is not its heiress and second, well, it seems it is not part of Ramsay's title (per TV's version of Pink letter, he is Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North).

Once again, I will remind everyone that Internet is a big place and that there are a lot of places where Sansa Bolton discussions are welcomed. People can even open threads on this forum. As the OP of this thread, I will politely ask of everyone to demonstrate certain respect and try not to offend or hurt others by arguing that anyone should be known for their rapist's name. Let we try to approach this sensitive topic with a bit grace. 

Thank you for your patience with dealing with the hatred that is directed towards Sansa. 

On 5/31/2016 at 1:02 PM, Lord Freddy Blackfyre said:

Do you guys think that Sansa will do to Rickon, in the show, what she's doing to Sweet Robyn in the book?

You mean manipulated and unwillingly coerced into giving him sweet sleep that she has no idea is harmful? I mean, I get it that you are blinded by your hatred of her but this is just sad seeing so much negativity towards her. It is unwarranted. 

Archived